Thread: Cape Wrath - C4

Default Cape Wrath - C4

Did anyone watch this last night? Starring David Morrissey (Blackpool etc) & also featuring Nina Sosanya (Casanova, DW - Fear Her etc).

I thought it was bloody excellent, great cast, beautifully filmed & very tense & gripping!

Anyone?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Yep, you pretty much summed it up there for me! Lots of unanswered questions, unusual but 'real' feeling characters, and it just felt new and unusual - and for once isn't just another lawyer / doctor / cop drama, so it definitely gets a big thumbs up from me.

I'll just be interested in what direction it goes in now, especially considering what happened right at the end...

It was like The Prisoner, with the inhabitants of the Village being the former residents of Royston Vasey, with the dark, unsettling undercurrants of Twin Peaks running beneath it.

Excellent.

Make way for a naval officer!

After last week's promising opener, I gave up about ten minutes into last night's episode. Great cast and beautifully filmed, but it's just a load of old toss with not enough nudity.

It's already down from 1.6 million to 1.1 million viewers and looks dooooooomed!!

I thought it was okay, but definitely not as good as the opener. I like the idea that everyone in the village has a secret, but too much of the time was spent either despatching the body or trying to avoid Ralph Brown's policeman, making Morrissey and his son look incredibly guilty. Still the trailer for next week's looks a lot better, and so I think I'll stick with it.

I'm not surprised about the ratings, though I am disappointed. C4 don't do enough drama these days, and it's not going to encourage them to make anymore if this isn't successful...

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I thought it was okay, but definitely not as good as the opener.
    Aye, 'tis true. I hope they're not going to conveniently forget about the guy who had been following him with the baseball cap.....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Did anyone persevere with this show? Forgot it was on last night, but just managed to catch the last 10 minutes. Quite liked the ending, if not a bit predicatable, and it strongly suggests a second series must be planned?

Yeah, I stuck with it, but there were times when I found myself randomly surfing on the net and half watching it. I guess my problem with it was that I thought the series had so much promise, and a lot of nice moments, with a superb cast and a collection of ongoing mysteries to keep you interested, but something felt lacking. It just didn't seem to work to me as a coherent whole, we learnt certain things about characters but often it didn't really go anywhere, or developed in a rather disappointing manner.

I'm guessing that it was always meant to be an ongoing series, which seems unlikely now as ratings were fairly low (low enough for C4 to bundle the final two episodes together at least), especially considering the way it ended. I just wish we'd perhaps known that before, it presumably adds a fantasy element to the series which would have been really interesting to explore - I'd rather have seen that than the whole 'Danny murders Jack and then gets away with it' storyline.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    low enough for C4 to bundle the final two episodes together at least
    So did I miss two episodes last night?

Yeah, the first one went out at 10pm as usual, and the final one went out at 11.10pm straight afterwards.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."