Default Fan Fiction - Brief Encounters

I think its about time we had something here on PS to help get your creative juices flowing. The Fan Fiction section is looking a bit bare at the moment so we need something to spruce it up with.
    Recently Ive been reading my old DWMs and one of the sections I liked most was the Brief Encounters stories. Theyre great fun, quite short and require a good bit of imagination. They are in fact perfect for you guys. You could even knock one out in your lunch hour (Steady!)
    For those unfamiliar with Brief Encounters, the idea was that you wrote a short story in which two or more elements from unconnected Doctor Who stories met each other or where a storys character is expanded or a short piece about a characters life post or pre meeting the Doctor.
    For ideas check out this webpage. It details some of the Brief Encounters used in DWM and gives a brief synopsis of them.
    http://www.drwhoguide.com/brief.htm

So fancy having a go?
    Good stuff. Stories should be about 500 words and can be set at any point in the whole Doctor Who universe (inc books, audios, filmsit doesnt matter).
    We dont want any actual adventures though. The key word is Encounter.

When youve done email them to me at paulmonk@planetskaro.org.uk making sure you put Brief Encounter in the subject line.

I'm certainly going to fire up my writing fingers and get to work!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Me too!

C'MON!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Hi 5!

I think we should have a competition to see who can finish their story first.

Ok then everyone..... GO!

Si.

Errrrrrmmmmm - is anything happening with these ?
    Bazinga !

Don't worry Jon.
    I'm holding back on them for a while so that we have a decent amount to put up for a launch date.

Pip: I'll be in touch soon regarding these.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Don't worry Jon.
    I'm holding back on them for a while so that we have a decent amount to put up for a launch date.

Pip: I'll be in touch soon regarding these.
    That's cool Paul. I might make time to try a few more then.
    Bazinga !

Paul, are you going to add my BF competition story to the site at the same time? Also, can you email a copy of it back to me as I've lost everything this weekend when my computer when bye byes.

Paul. Yes. The plan is to include your BF story. It'll go under the general Brief Encounters banner though cos there weren't enough BF stories to have their own section.
    No problem about the story. I'll email it back to you now.

When I was younger, I had an idea for a Brief Encounter that at the time I thought was amazing. With the benefit of hindsight and writing expereince, I know it's pretty awful, but I thought I'd share it with you.

Glitz was sentenced to Earth as a belated punishment by the Timelords for his involvement with the Mater in Trial of a Timelord and the Doctor intervenes to get Glitz a job with Benton at his second hand car deralership. Not sure why I thought it was a good idea at the time, but I do remember the Brief Encounters being a huge motivator for me.

Pip Madeley Guest

Glitz was sentenced to Earth as a belated punishment by the Timelords for his involvement with the Mater in Trial of a Timelord and the Doctor intervenes to get Glitz a job with Benton at his second hand car deralership.
    That sounds awesome. I bet Captain Yates used to call round with corned beef sandwiches and try to sexually interfere with the salesmen.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm having a go at writing one, set minutes after the events of an iconic story... I hope it won't bore people.

Does the banner link work?

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Does now.

Thanks Pip, and well done to Andrew for an entertaining mini-adventure! I love the idea of the Doctor and Romana using their Time Lord powers for something so mundane, and I can't help but wonder what the cause and consequences were, or what they really ended up calling the child. Any clues, Andrew? I really enjoyed reading it anyway!

Si.

I know we stopped after the first batch of these to concentrate the forum's attention on the last PS audio, but will B E be coming back, and is it worth writing any more ?
    Bazinga !

Pip Madeley Guest

If you read the News And Updates page on the website, you'll find your answer!