Default Tim is now Harry Enfield - Dirk Gently for Radio

From SFX:
    Dirk Gently is coming to Radio 4, and its just been announced that hell sound a lot like Harry Enfield. The comedian is taking on the lead role in six half-hour episodes of Douglas Adamss Dirk Gentlys Holistic Detective Agency, set to air in October. The series will be released by BBC Audiobooks in November.
    The shows the work of the team who made the rather good Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy Tertiary, Quandary and Quintessential Phases, and has been adapted and directed by Dirk Maggs (the man Adams chose to conclude the Hitchhikers story). Enfield (who, as you can see, has already decided to adopt the trenchcoat plus hat look traditionally favoured by those of the detectivey persuasion) will be joined by a rather impressive cast; Lord of the Rings Billy Boyd will play Gently client Richard Macduff; Peep Shows Olivia Colman will lend her vocal cords to secretary Janice Pearce; Fawlty Towers Andrew Sachs will play Professor Reg Chronotis; and Jim Carters set to voice Dirks nemesis DS Gilks. Other names on the cast list include Im Alan Partridges Felicity Montagu, and Robert Duncan Smith (AKA Gus from Drop the Dead Donkey). Were told that this first series will take in everything from quantum physics to missing cats, via Coleridge, Bach and an Electric Monk. And frankly you dont get that on The Archers.

So Andrew Sachs will have played Chronotis and Skagra!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

WooHoo! I can't wait, it's a cracking story that Doctor Who fans know loosely as Shada.
    I like the cast line-up but I wish they could have got someone other than Harry Enfield...but who?

Wow! Sounds like it'll be a great adaptation of Shada and City of Death!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I never really got on with the book - I think I was put off by a niggling hatred of it due to the fact it was preventing us getting novels of "City of Death" and "Shada"!

Si.

Trudi G Guest

I loved the book, and also the sequel 'The Long Dark Tea Time Of The soul' - i'd be interested in hearing the audio version.

I love Douglas Adams, Dirk Gently and Harry Enfield, my fan milk is flowing freely today!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Ha-ha! I just saw this news on the BBC website, and when I told Zel, I asked her to guess who had been cast as Dirk...

...She said she thought it might be Tim!!

Ha! No chance, although I'd love to do it given the chance.