Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

It was a slightly handy plot device as well "I made a replica few weeks ago as a contingency," claims Avon. And they don't seem to be using Soolin very much.

However, LOVED the "will he won't he" dilemma at the end over whether Avon would eject Villa to save the 70kg and make escape velocity! Do you think he'd have gone through with it?

Si.

Oh yes - Avon always had his own interests at heart.

Huzzah for the return of the Vervoid. A semi-daily dose of Target Novels, Torchwood, TV and camp pre-'60s serials. Lovely.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Yes, I'm very much loving the adventures of t'Flash...

I'm just surprised to find that two months later, he hadn't met a certain death after all. Who'd have thought it?

A bumper bundle of goodness in tonight's update - the favourite offering here being Lissa's movie version of The Chase, which both me and Zel were lol-ing over! I've also been enjoying Ian's latest Targets (three in the past week!) - ironic that the Target range seemed to start picking up as the TV series, arguably, started going down. One thing though - I think "less than six months" ought to be "less than eighteen" surely? Still very quick though, and it's a good point that things can change very quickly.

And Flash still isn't a goner! Good lord!
    Last edited by Andrew Curnow; 20th Jan 2007 at 11:03 PM.

The Chase movie was hilarious, very well done indeed!
    The list of things about the story made me chuckle as well.

Very amooosing video! The best bit was Ian and the Doctor going down the steps... and wait...and go!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

That "Chase" video is genius!

Si.

That "Chase" video may be the single best thing on thevervoid. I think I've wet myself.

I've never seen "The Chase". Do I need to bother now?

It's not as good as the bits on the Katy Hill Message Board which have literally passed scores of phrases into common useage here - "You're a slut Katy, but we love you", "Massive Stallion", "Moist Oven", "Nasty Animal Cum", "It stretches you and you scream but you love it" etc.

Si.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    One thing though - I think "less than six months" ought to be "less than eighteen" surely?
    Well, once you start factoring in publishing deadlines, the speed of decision-making in the BBC and asking when Grade actually decided to axe the series, six months is pretty much what it comes down to.

Either that or Andrew is right and 1984 wasn't the collective hallucination I thought it was.

I write those things in the middle of doing my Ebay listings, you know...

But either way, it was a very short time, from the hype of "twenty years and still going strong" to "this new bloke's rubbish, the show's crap, the fans hate it, etc".

Dave Lewis Guest

I'm far too late to heap praise on The Chase video, because lots of people have done so already, but when it comes to praising such works of genius, I think quantity is easily as good as quality.

Without a shadow of a doubt, the best ever Who video I've ever seen. I literally laughed a great deal. The music is perfect... the timing, excellent. The stairs bit has been mentioned... but I think if a favourite moment is to be picked b'moi, then it's the bit where Chesserman gets clonked on the head... absolutely marvellous.

More wonderment on the Vervoid today, from all the important information on the Blakes 7 episode 'The Web' to Who Audio reviews and He-Man bafflement. He-man makes a big thing about being clever and moral, but he always wins simply through being harder than everyone else ever.

Also, I agree that The Last was one of the highlights of the Divergent Universe arc. Although the cover was a bit naff.

Thanks for the mention of some of my articles Steve! I'll leap over there now and check out the latest update!

Si.

A sad Decima, yesterday.
    This made me smile for some reason!

What's happened to the lovely Camp-o-meter picture? It's been missing on the last two Blake columns.

Si.

I don't know what's happened to the Camp-O-Meter pics. I'm sure I've been sending them. If I haven't, perhaps Lissa could let me know, so I can send them to her and get them put up with the reviews.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Entirely my fault - the campometer pics are BMPs and I was only importing JPGs into the Blake's 7 folder. I've added them now and all should be well.
    Last edited by Lissa; 26th Jan 2007 at 5:17 PM.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

A bumper bundle of updates over the weekend (Flash still not dead, who'd've thunk?) which I lapped up last night. I'm not sure who wrote the wrestling piece, but I must say it was very enjoyable - my brother was really into ITV wrestling, and although I never was I used to watch it too, because it was there, and somehow that piece made me rather nostalgic for Saturday lunchtimes.

I also enjoyed Si's MB on Jason Donovan, although at least one of the pictures is enough to give me nightmares! I saw him on Buzzcocks recently (although I don't know how old a show it was) so he's obviously still alive, but clearly the years haven't been too kind to him!!

Great piece on JASOND. You can't help but wonder what might have been, if he'd just been a bit more canny about his musical career.

I'd forgotten about The Adventurer. Now I've been reminded. Sounds like a real classic episode too.

If I recall, there's only a few Adventurer episodes left. Zillak's almost made it!
    "I remember because cherries send me into a wild fury!"

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Entirely my fault - the campometer pics are BMPs and I was only importing JPGs into the Blake's 7 folder. I've added them now and all should be well.
    Thanks Lissa!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The Secretive Bus View Post
    If I recall, there's only a few Adventurer episodes left. Zillak's almost made it!
    Yes, just three episodes more to go, but I do have one or two other plans for Senor Bradley ("Did you search his room?"), so Big Gene will still remain with us for a bit...

I want an orangapoid.