Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1075

The men in black force Dennis to get physical in chapter 17.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Dennis experiences the full horror of extreme conditions as he prepares for the big event in chapter 18
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Speed, excitement, ice cream, concussion and lawyers past and present. It can only be chapter 19.

#dammitbrent

Dennis gets some emotional counselling in chapter 20. He doesn't enjoy it.

#dammitbrent

It's all building up quite nicely...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

"The chair was now moving so quickly that I was sure I could taste the back of my own head."

Dennis meets the Minister in chapter 21 but who will win their battle of wills over his joke?

#dammitbrent

Whhhhaaaatttt! It's OFF! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Is it the end for Dennis? Or has the moment been prepared for in chapter 22?

#dammitbrent

I typed the figure into the box, clicked "transfer", clicked "yes", clicked "Yes I’m sure", clicked "Yes I know", clicked "Yes I’ve read it", clicked "Yes I appreciate this is my last chance to change my mind but I don’t want to" and finally clicked "Go on – do it".
    So true, so true...

"I think it was at this point that I might’ve slightly fainted."

Dennis and an Apache attack helicopter - a good combination or not? See chapter 23 and decide.

#dammitbrent

O (as the kids say) MG!

I know we haven’t quite reached the c-l-i-m-a-x of Dennis and Francois’ current adventure, but I’d still like to congratulate Lissa on having written what I consider to be one of the best instalments of recent years.

Underworld really is ‘classic’ Brent, a proper adventure with twists and turns, and the requisite humour running through the entire serial with abundance. My favourite quote so far is:

"There has been a misunderstanding. Let’s never speak of it. Certainly I don’t want you to tell Francois Devine about this or he’ll rib me. Promise me you’ll never tell Francois Devine. I'd hate to find myself ribbed for his pleasure."

It’s amazing that such a rude, obnoxious, pedantic and a-n-a-l-l-y retentive person such as Dennis can still have the reader sympathising with him; I guess that’s the quality of the writing and the fact that he’s very much a ‘real’ character, having been around for so long now.

There’s literally no other explanation.

Dennis and Francois discover some awkward truths in the final chapter of this year's serial.

#dammitbrent

It all seemed so convincing too. Poor old Dennis.

Wonderful stuff Lissa- a really good read.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Excellent stuff Lissa.

Finally got round to finishing Brenty Four - an excellent conclusion, especially as its not a secret and FD ended up feeding himself. Well done Lissa

(Not what I predicted - I thought the aliens would turn out to be telehistorians with copies of all those missing shows that got beamed out into space - and DB and FD would have to get rid of them.....)
    Bazinga !

Guess who’s on Twitter?

"Francois Devine and I have been banging since dawn."

I refuse to read the actual Tweets - I shall however be very interested in Mr Brent's subsequent monograph dealing with the paperwork and categorisation of those said Tweet messages
    Bazinga !

I hope it won't be too long before we get more exciting Adventures in Space. I've really enjoyed the latest 'Mirror Mirror' tale of dopplegangers, casual genocide and mineralogists.

Hurrah, it's not been too long, and we've now got more exciting Adventures in Space.

Come with us to THE FUTURE~! in a brand new (old) serial.

Buck Rogers

#dammitbrent

Got a nasty virus last night - "Win 7 Security" which posed as an anti-virus program, but totally stopped me browsing the web. I booted Windows in safe mode and downloaded all the anti-malware from the freeware site on The Vervoid - it's still useful!

http://www.thevervoid.com/freeware.htm
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!