Default What Torchwood are you watching?

Well there's one for Doctor Who so I thought, seeing as I'm watching one, we should have a 'What are you watching now' for Torchwood.

And to start with I'm currently watching Everything Changes seeing as I've just finished the books.

I did Day One as well. This is the first time I've rewatched these. They are still OK but this one is still probably my least favourite.

I might end up talking to myself on this thread.

Everything Changes. 6/10/
    Dat One. 5/10

So far.

I'm watching "It's A Sleeper Hit"

have been thinking in the last week or so i'd like to watch some Torchwood i just as of yet have not got around to it.

I'm mildly disappointed (and surprised) that BBC3 haven't done a repeat run. They're currently doing Who S3 on a nightly basis (which I am following), and they're even going back to Rose onwards once that's done, but they're neglecting thier most popular series ever!

I've yet to buy the DVDs - holding out for a boxset...

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I might end up talking to myself on this thread.

So far.
    At least there won't be any arguments

I've been watching these for the first time (and posting the odd comment of the individual threads) so I'll wait for you to catch me up before I say any more.
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    At least there won't be any arguments
    Oh I don't know, I'm schizophrenic.

And so am I.

We watched them once when they were on and then again when they came out on DVD but I can't say I've any urgency to watch them again just yet. Probably before series 2 though which is still a long way off.

just watched Out of Time, and it still is a beautifull and at times touching episode and for me probably the best episode of series 1.

Over the last three days, I've watched Everything Changes, Day One and Ghost Machine.

Gareth Roberts is great in Ghost Machine, but that's been about it. Frankly, I've found them even more disappointing than first time round. I like the tone of the show, so I might watch a few more. And I've only got the first DVD set!

I'll be reappraising Cyberwoman with lunch. Heaven help me.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I'm about halfway through Border Princes, which may be the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd Torchwood book. It's actually rather good, although I got a bit of deja vu when Tosh & Jack got stuck in the past. Enjoyable though.

Is that the one with James in it, Andrew?

Well, Cyberwoman was OK. A couple of bad choices in the production hampered it and though a 'sexy robot' design was a good idea on paper, it just looked a little silly. Though not nearly as bad as it could have done. The stand-offs between Jack and Ianto were good. But with the Cyberwoman trapped in the Hub with the regular cast, she couldn't really kill anyone.

I still don't know how Jack could sleep with Ianto after this episode, or even vice versa. It just seems wrong and insane, given the hatred and bitterness between them.

The 'love interest' or should I say 'slut interest' between Gwen and Owen is more obvious this time round. Dirty girl.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Gareth Roberts is great in Ghost Machine
    Did he take a break from writing The Shakespeare Code to appear in it?

Gareth Thomas is even better in Ghost Machine.

Hurrah! Just found that we recorded episodes 6-13 of Torchwood! That should save us 40 or so on the rubbish, stereo-only, feature-thin, dual-layer-pause-a-plenty DVD's from the shops.

The dual-layer switch in Cyberwoman was awful and the one in Day One was just as bad. Why can't they split it over the special features, eh?

A quiet weekend meant that I watched:
    Small Worlds - quite good, but Tosh and Owen should have been left in the Hub because they didn't get any lines!
    Countrycide - Actually pretty boring once you know the twist. The 'tense' scenes just roll on and on and are dull, paticularly when Tosh is running through the wood.
    Greeks Bearing Gifts - Not enough story to sustain 45 minutes, especially when the mind-reading machine was so interesting and had much more potential. Liked the showdown with Captain Jack though.

It's 'They Keep Killing Suzie' up next, but will it give me enough strength to get through 'Random Shoes'?

trust me Steve, you'll love Out of Time,

I'm convinced Out Of Time is a big supermarket advert.

"The 21st Century is when it all changes. And it's gotta be ASDA price."

I watched the lst three episodes, 'Cardiff Fight Club', 'My Two Jacks' and 'Godzilla Vs Cardiff' the other night and thoroughly enjoyed them again, but can anyone explain how the end of 'End of Days' and the beginning of 'Utopia' link up? At the end of Torchwood, the TARDIS seems to appear within the hub, the materialisation sound and wind indicate a landing below the surface of Cardiff, but in Utopia we see it on the surface with Cpt Jack running to get to it before it leaves again!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

At long last, BBC3 are giving it a repeat run beginning Friday 14th - don't know yet if it's nightly or weekly. I've only seen each episode once, so am looking forward to watching it again.

Must get back to watching it sometime - It's been no competition against The Sweeney

I can just picture Regan and Carter's goons storming the Hub. "Put yer pants back on, we haven't had any dinner!" etc.