Default Bomb threat at work

We've had a bomb threat at work, the factory's been evacuated and everyone sent home.
    Today was supposed to be my Friday off, but I was asked to work the afternoon shift as holiday cover, and I was due to finish at twelve o-clock. I was sat in the canteen at ten thirty enjoying a coffee and a piece of cake when someone came in and wondered why the police were outside with the shift manager. A few minutes later the security guard came in and asked the canteen girls to shut down and wait for an announcement from the shift manager, soon afterwards everyone else came into the canteen with the shift manager who told us all that there was a bomb scare and after discussion with the police and the factory manager we were to be evacuated, but were to return at half past twelve when the site was made safe. A specific time of twelve o-clock was given for the alledged bomb to go off, and the bomb sqaud were waiting outside to sweep the factory. The people who lived further afield than the five minutes that most of us do, were going to the nearest Tesco for a meal, but everyone complained that after this why should they bother going back to work tonight, I'm ok, I was due to finish at twelve anyway.
    This is the fifth time this has happened this year, I was lucky to be off the other times. It has to be the sick joke of an ex employee, or maybe someone who still works there, but it's about time the police and personnel got to the bottom of this, there's only so many times anyone can cry wolf.

Blimey, fifth time? That sounds horrible, though by the sound of it it does seem like someone who's just trying to get some sort of petty revenge against the company.

Back in 1996 I worked at a snooker club which was on the third floor of a building, and only accessible by a small entrance. Someone left a suitcase in the pub on the ground floor, and the police completely forgot to tell us about it for ages. It was only when one spotted the entrance and rang the door buzzer that we found out about it, and we had to get everyone out of the building immediately.

It was bizarre really because everyone was quite calm, and there was a huge crowd across the street standing there watching the pub, waiting to see if anything happened. Fortunately it was just a case of a drunken businessman leaving his suitcase in the pub, but it was quite unsettling that the pub below had been cleared yet we'd been all but forgotten about!

It's a mad, sick world we're living in right now, it seems Wales is the current target for these bomb alerts. Amy's home this weekend and she's gone out to our local ASDA for the Harry Potter book, she's just phoned to tell us they've been evacuated due to a bomb scare, someone left a black bag in the middle of an aisle and staff weren't taking chances and phoned the police. That's all we know at the moment.

Blimey! I certainly hope that turns out to be a false alarm - although at least everybody's evacuated just in case.

A lot of these seem to be false alarms, or due to mislaid baggage. At least it shows people are being vigilant, but it must be wearing on the nerves. Paticularly if it's the fifth time in a year!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!