Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Destiny of the Daleks & The Davros Collection

Both are forthcoming, according to posts on OG that are confirmed by that old goat Steve Roberts who confirms that Destiny will be available separately too, although he also states that...

I suspect a lot of people will be picking up the boxset, for reasons which I can't go into... Let's just say that you're going to be getting a much bigger bang for your buck that you might imagine...

Can't wait for all the details!

It's good news we're getting "Destiny", but Roberts comments roughly translated mean "we'll stick something minor but inconsequential in that you can't buy elsewhere so you have to fork out for "Ressurection" and "Remembrance" all over again".

I'll be annoyed if we have to buy "Remembrance" again as part of a box set, and they still don't fix that damn video effect!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I don't think I'll be bothering with the box set, having to buy Genesis, Resurrection, Revelation & Remembrance again... if there's anything really special I'll just borrow it to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It's good news we're getting "Destiny", but Roberts comments roughly translated mean "we'll stick something minor but inconsequential in that you can't buy elsewhere so you have to fork out for "Ressurection" and "Remembrance" all over again".

I'll be annoyed if we have to buy "Remembrance" again as part of a box set, and they still don't fix that damn video effect!

Si.
    have to agree with you there Si, as Destiny is not one of the most popular stories I can't understand why they might be considering releasing this as a box set with stories that have already been released several times already.

Wayne Guest

Whether i buy the box set will depend on exactly what the extras are, but i can't really see the point releasing this myself, unless the content is drastically improved. I can see myself settling for the 'Destiny' stanalone release, otherwise. It's a bit annoying you've already forked out once for the other stories.

The crafty teaser Roberts also suggested the boxset will contain more than Genesis/Destiny/Resurrection/Revelation/Remembrance.....? Maybe it's actually a Daleks boxset, rather than Davros?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    The crafty teaser Roberts also suggested the boxset will contain more than Genesis/Destiny/Resurrection/Revelation/Remembrance.....? Maybe it's actually a Daleks boxset, rather than Davros?
    Well that's something i'd find difficult not to buy.

Destiny is just as popular as the other Dalek stories really. I'm sure it sold just as well on video. It's only the hardcore fans who would be put off buying it.

We have all the Dalek DVD's, plus the videos and the WH Smiths DVD collection (Remembrance, Resurrection and Dalek Invasion of Earth) so it'll be nice to own those stories a fourth time. Especially as we missed out on the WH Smiths Dalek video box set.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    it'll be nice to own those stories a fourth time.
    ... was that serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    ... was that serious?
    either that or he's bonkers.

I really can't wait for this release to be confirmed......

......then we'll be able to move on to moaning about next year's release schedule!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

for Destiny - and if it comes in a boxset with the two R's then that suits me fine.

It'd have to take something like a newly discovered Power of the Daleks for me to buy a Dalek box set with a wodge of stories on it I've already got... otherwise, it'll just be the Des Tiny disc for me...

I'd lay money on the Destiny disc following the box set by quite a few months.

Make way for a naval officer!

Hmmm. Well there we go. Destiny is a must have of course, as there's bound to be a feature on how it was the first story I saw and how it hooked a great swathe of Doctor Who fandom...

But in a boxset? Of course, the buggers will re-release Remembrance with shiny new features and a 5.1 mix and stuff just so we buy the who, damn thing again.
    I suppose we could get the ste and give my nephew all the other wrteched discs! His Mum would like that!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Given that I'm currently halfway through the Survival double-disc pack, and at a rough count have 11 further stories to do on DVD within the next two months alone, I imagine that even if there is a gap of some months between a box-set and a Destiny stand alone, I'll probably not be ready to watch Destiny when it is released stand alone!

Destiny sucks the fat one! If it wasn't for Lalla and Tom it wouldn't be worth watching at all! Unfortunately, I am a completist, and will have to buy it anyway!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

I like it better than Genesis! Ken Grieve's direction is brilliant, and there are some wonderfully expensive looking steadicam shots.

Make way for a naval officer!

well having read the comments on Outpost Gallifrey, about this box set release I can only say the reaction to it is very frosty indeed hardly any body is happy about it. To release Destiny in a box set with other already released stories is bad enough but to then possibaly release Destiny later on as a stand aloan release utterly stinks.

2/Entertain, will argue that it's being done for "The New Fans" but to me it's just a cynical attempt by them of making as much money as they can from an already crowded and expensive release schedual.

Surely it would stink more if they hadn't announced they were releasing it seperately, and then did that later on? At least this way we have a choice about which to buy. Personally I think that's pretty fair really.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Absolutely Si - it would only stink if they weren't going to release it individually at all! People just need to be patient and wait for it a bit longer - yand after all, you could argue we've been waiting a good 7 years for any as yet unreleased story on DVD from when the range really got going.

No-one is being forced to buy the box-set of re-released stories.

I agree with you to a point Si, but surely it would of made more sence to of released Destiny as a stand aloan release first and then released a Davros box set later on as one of those one off exclusives in the same way Amazon did with the Pertwee and other releases.

just had a look at the Galaxy 4 , web site and they already have Destiny of the Daleks, up for pre-order as a stand aloan release and no mention of it being a box set.

There you go then.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    well having read the comments on Outpost Gallifrey, about this box set release I can only say the reaction to it is very frosty indeed hardly any body is happy about it.
    What's new about that?