Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Star Trek - New Movie Trailer

Surely not.....

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7008029154

Robbie Williams In Talks To Star In New Star Trek Movie

July 27, 2007 12:10 p.m. EST

Joanna Mazewski - AHN Staff
    London, England (BANG) - Robbie Williams is reportedly in talks to star in the new 'Star Trek' movie.

The 'Angels' singer, who is an avid sci-fi fan, is being lined-up to play Captain James T Kirk, the part made famous by William Shatner in the original TV series and subsequent films.

Robbie is having final discussions with 'Lost' creator J.J. Abrams, who is directing the as-yet untitled movie, and has already impressed the filmmaker.

Abrams said: "I think he'd be a good Captain Kirk. The Kirk in my movie is quite young, it's like the early years. But I can't comment on who we are casting just yet. Everyone will just have to wait and see."

Although the role of Captain Kirk is still up for grabs, the part of Spock has already been decided.

Leonard Nimoy is to reprise his role as the Vulcan space traveler, while 'Heroes' star Zachary Quinto will play a younger version of the logical alien.

Nimoy admits he is thrilled to be boldly going where no man has gone before - again.

Speaking at the Comic-Con convention in San Diego, he said: "This is really going to be a great movie. And I don't say things like that lightly."

Nimoy was joined at the event by Abrams and Quinto. The film is due out in December 2008.

Wayne Guest

I won't be going to see it! I'll never watch it ever if this turns out to be true.
    I just wish they'd let things lie. It's all about dollars, that's all.

If he's wanting a young Kirk, surely he should be looking for someone in their 20s, not people in their mid-30s? That's about the age Shatner was when he got the part in the first place!

Wayne Guest

They should never've cancelled 'Enterprise', if you ask me. I really liked it. It was so much better than 'Voyager'. Star Trek belongs on tv. Sod the films!

There is nothing wrong with men in their mid-thirties.

He's too fat, camp, balding and wide. But at least his acting career is impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    He's too fat, camp, balding and wide.
    Who are we talking about here? Williams or Shatner?

I'd love this to be true simply for the sheer bizarreness value.

WhiteCrow Guest

I remember this idea for a film was being touted in 1991, and had a huge fan backlash.

Obviously there'll be less of a backlash now as so many of the original cast are dead or past it.

However Star Trek Enterprise basically wasn't watched because it really felt they'd run out of new ideas. Trying to kick start the franchise again using an idea which has been on the shelf for 15 years isn't inspiring me they've got new ideas. And I'm not going to sit through Trek like I used to with Voyager thinking "Rick Berman says it's going to be better this season".

Oh and hopefully Rick Berman will have nothing to do with it, because he killed Trek in my opinion.

Thats a stupid story especially when JJ Abrahms has said that Matt Damon was too old!
    It was obviously a slow news day and someone on that site thought it'd be fun to make something daft up.

This quote could have been said about anyone. Probably Matt Damon.

"I think he'd be a good Captain Kirk. The Kirk in my movie is quite young, it's like the early years. But I can't comment on who we are casting just yet. Everyone will just have to wait and see."

Robbie Williams wouldn't do it.

Unless he had a stunt double for any scene where he was snogging a woman.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"Today its reported that Timmy Mallet will be stepping into William Shatner's old boots as that fearless Starship Enterpise Captain, James T Kirk in the new Paramount movie. JJ Abrahms the man in charge of bringing Kirk and Spock back to the big screen had this to say about casting the malleted one.

"I think he'd be a good Captain Kirk. The Kirk in my movie is quite young, it's like the early years. But I can't comment on who we are casting just yet. Everyone will just have to wait and see."

You could apply that quote to anything.

When asked whether my 18 month old son, William would be cast as Kirk he said this

When asked whether my 18 month old son, William would be cast as Kirk he said this

Spock: Senswors show 3 Klingon vessels. Should we raise shields, sir?
    Kirk: Da!
    Spock: Hmm. Illogical, Captain.
    Kirk: Ba!
    Bones: Dammit Jim, we have women and children on board!
    Kirk: *waves arms around and chucks his dinner of mushy apricots everywhere*
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"This is really going to be a great movie. And I don't say things like that lightly."
    What bollocks, he's not really going to sit there & say "This movie really is going to be shit.", is he?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Exactly, and he never said about Lost "It's going to be really hit and miss for the first year and a half, and a lot of the time you'll be really pissed off with the show, before we will suddenly make it really good half way through season 2 and all the way through season 3."

Though he should have. It'd saved us all a lot of time.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Spock: Senswors show 3 Klingon vessels. Should we raise shields, sir?
    Kirk: Da!
    Spock: Hmm. Illogical, Captain.
    Kirk: Ba!
    Bones: Dammit Jim, we have women and children on board!
    Kirk: *waves arms around and chucks his dinner of mushy apricots everywhere*
    The ironic thing is didn't Star Trek Next Gen do something like this?

Oh my God THEY DID - and I was trying to forget it ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rascals_(TNG_episode)

A transporter malfunction causes Captain Picard, Guinan, Ro Laren, and Keiko O'Brien to become children, the anomaly extracting key cells from their bodies that were responsible for their development past puberty. Captain Picard, now biologically about 12 years old, thinks of giving up his job in Starfleet when it becomes clear that he may never be able to command in his present state. He leaves Commander Riker in charge of the Enterprise, while Keiko finds herself upset by O'Brien's uncertainty around her and the fact that her own daughter no longer recognizes her.

They may not have cast Kirk, but they seem to have cast Spock...

J. Abrams, who is directing the upcoming Star Trek movie, confirmed the casting of Heroes star Zachary Quinto as a young Spock and surprised the audience with the announcement that original Spock actor Leonard Nimoy would also appear in the film. Abrams made the announcements at Comic-Con International in San Diego on July 26.
    "I certainly intend to bring my own spin" to the iconic role, Quinto told the audience of more than 6,000. "But it's nice to know [Nimoy's] behind it."
    For his part, Nimoy praised both Abrams and Quinto, saying it was "logical" for him to join the project, in which he will reprise his most famous role. He signed off: "Live long and prosper."
    Abrams said the movie will go into production in November. "The exciting thing for us, I think, is the ability to take this amazing world that Gene Roddenberry created ... and show [it] in a way that you haven't seen. ... And it's tricky, because this matters so much to so many people, ... and you can't screw it up."
    Abrams added that the filmmakers are trying to find a way to include William Shatner, who played the original Capt. James T. Kirk, in the movie. "The truth is, it needs to be worthy of him," Abrams said. "So we're on that."
    No one has been cast yet as the young Kirk. Star Trek is slated for release on Christmas 2008
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Trudi G Guest

Robbie Williams is Captain Kirk?!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trudi G View Post
    Robbie Williams is Captain Kirk?!!!!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!
    I couldn't have put it better myself!

With Spock cast as a relatively unknown, perhaps McCauley Culkin could play young Kirk!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Dave Lewis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk
    You could apply that quote to anything.
    True...

Today its reported that Gary Barlow will be getting into David Tennant's gym shorts as that fearless time traveller, Doctor Who in the new ILM* movie. Ian Levine,the man in charge of bringing recolourised episodes back to the big screen had this to say about casting the boring one.

"I think he'd be a GOOD Doctor Who. The Doctor Who in MY movie will be wearing a WHITE VEST and GYM SHORTS, it's like the EARLY years. But I can't comment on WHO we are casting just yet. Everyone will just have to WAIT AND SEE."

*Ian Levine's Madness

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Robbie Williams wouldn't do it.

Unless he had a stunt double for any scene where he was snogging a woman.
    Claiming Robbie Williams as "one you yours"? I thought it was Gary Barlow who was a bit that way?

Is the film going to be just called "Star Trek" I wonder? I kind of like that....

I know Wayne's opinion quite well, but I have to say I do like the films (the ones with the original crew mainly. "The wrath of Khan" and "The undiscovered country" are excellent films in my opinion.)
    The problem with a new cast is that they have to look something like the older crew and have the same or similar chemistry, whic is quite a tall order.

It is looking like being called just Star Trek.
    I'm actually quite excited by this. That and Indy 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    It is looking like being called just Star Trek.
    I'm actually quite excited by this. That and Indy 4.
    "Indiana Jones and the city of the gods" apparently! Although I was holding out for something like "Raiders of the lost city" myself; even Spielberg calls them the "Raiders" movies, although losing 'Indiana Jones' from the title might affect the box office takings a little.

Simon Pegg has been cast as Scotty in JJ Abrams' Star Trek.
    The 37-year-old comedian-cum-actor isn't the only new addition to the cast: John Cho, the Harold half of Harold and Kumar, will play the ship's helmsman, Sulu.
    Chris Pine is rumoured to be in discussions about playing Captain Kirk, while Eric Bana has been recruited as the bad guy.
    The only roles now to be filled are that of the first Enterprise captain, Christopher Pike (pre-Captain Kirk), and Kirk's parents and Bones. Surely the latter part should go to Last King Of Scotland star James McAvoy, who openly expressed an interest in that particular part having initially been linked with the Scotty role.
    "If you really look at what Scotty is, he’s only ever Scottish and nothing else," McAvoy told us. "Captain Kirk has a bit of character, Spock had a bit of character, then there’s comedy ethnic guy. But if I was going to play anyone in a Star Trek movie it’d be Bones – Bones thinks he’s sexy. He’s part of that little trio of Shatner [Kirk], Nimoy [Spock] and him and he’ll always be slightly on the outside... I like that."
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.