Thread: Die Hard 4.0

Default Die Hard 4.0

Apart from an awful title, this film is great fun! Bruce Willis is on top form again as John McClane chasing down cyber-terrorists (not cybermen with cyber-bombs strapped to them), but super internet geeks intent on brining the world to its knees.

The story is daft (but aren't they all?), the effects are excellent, the action is astonishing in places and the acting is great!

Only in a Die Hard film could you have the main character fighting with a stunning karate babe in the back of a SUV hanging down a lift shaft! WOW!

Unhook your brain, sit back and enjoy!
    Last edited by Lord President; 31st Jul 2007 at 1:57 PM. Reason: Pedantry
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lord President View Post
    Bruce Willis is on top form again as John McLean
    John McClane.

My dad loves the Die Hard films. My fave Die Hard was the third one, 'With A Vengeance'.

I enjoyed this a fair bit, the big action scenes are great, and it's nice to see Willis back as John McClane rather than the more serious and more macho action hero.

Apparently it was cut a fair bit and there will be an 18 rated version released at some point (presumably the special edition of the dvd) which I'd be quite interested in, as I could notice a few times that it was a bit of an odd edit.

Out of the whole series my favourite's the first one, it really is one of those films that I enjoy rewatching every so often.

have to say yes it was enjoyable but IMO, it's the worst of the Die Hard, films, Willis, is clearly looking his age now and for me seemed to just sleep walk his way through the film.

Pip Madeley Guest

Went to see it tonight with my dad & sis...

AWESOME.

More on that tomorrow.

Is indeed awesome.

I did wonder if that karate chick was going to turn out to be some sort of cyborg though, the way she just kept going, even after being hit by a car and driven through several walls!