Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Dave Lewis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    On paper, all five British clubs have pretty easy draws in the first round of the UEFA Cup: Everton face the wonderfully-named Mentalist Kharkiv from Ukraine, while Aberdeen's opponents, Dnipro, also hail from the former Soviet state.

Tottenham, Bolton and Blackburn, on the other hand, all have trips to sunny south-east Europe to look forward to, with Spurs playing Cypriot side Anorthosis Famagusta, Bolton taking on Rabotnicki from Macedonia, and Rovers meeting Greek team Larissa.

I've heard of just one of those clubs!

Yeah, me too... Tottenham.

bit dissapointing yesterday I'm reasonably happy with Salano. as he can and still is a quallity player, Henri Kamara, from Wigan, on a season long loan was certainly unexpected and rather underwhelming.

As for Shorey, Reading's Nicky Hammond. said that we had made a bid for Shorrey, last week but never went in with an improved offer. Iif that's true then you have to ask our selves why. We have been needing more cover at LB for a while now and Curbishley should of got some one in long before yesterday.

Virgin Media are giving those of us not on their biggger packages free access to the Setanta channels this weekend, so I can see Fergie vs Keano later today!

Liverpool top the table with a 6 - 0 win over Derby. A stroll in the park really.

Shame about Spurs, 3-1 up & then drawing 3-3.

Yeah, Spurs were robbed. So were Derby.

Good result for Everton against Bolton today, even if they made hard work of it at times. Both of this week's new arrivals made their mark instantly, Yakubu scoring on his debut after just ten minutes, and Thomas Gravesen inspiring the late surge, being instrumental in each attack, including the goal.

I'm a little concerned that Andrew Johnson is still yet to get his name on the scoresheet this season, but I'm hoping for good things once he starts to gel with Yakubu, and at least we're back in the top three this evening.

Oh, and good to see Shrewsbury Town maintaining their strong start to the season (and their 100% record at the New Meadow), their 2-1 victory over Grimsby seeing them return to the top of the table.
    Last edited by Dave Tudor; 1st Sep 2007 at 5:37 PM.

fantastic result for the Hammers, we were totally in controll and thoroughly deserved the win but for some poor finishing it should and could of been 5-0, Bellemy, is in hot form though Deano, is still not any where near match fit yet.

Was right behind the goal for Greens, top class penalty save and how he is not in the England side is a scandle.

So, Liverpool top for the first time in almost 5 years - perhaps for once Dave's pre-season optimism will not be misfounded!

It's absolutely maddening being a Spurs fan though - we've now dropped 3 points from conceding last minute goals. Mind you, they were both pretty freaky goals Fulham's 2nd and 3rd but we have a dreadful habit of not protecting a lead.

Dave Lewis Guest

Still top! Good old Villa.

Pip Madeley Guest

Man United win, Man City lose, Chelsea lose. Good weekend!

Just a pity that Arsenal had to go and win, too.

(Sorry, I have good reason for not liking the Gunners very much now!)

It's early days, but things are already starting to shape up very nicely, and if things carry on like this, it could be one of the most open title races in years. Rather frustrating, then, that things have to break for those bloody internationals next week!!!

(I know, how unpatriotic of me... )

well after a dissapointing loss in our first game to have 7pts after 4 games is pretty satisfactory and you just feel once Parker, Ashton and Ljunberg get back to full fitness and with Salano to come into the side we hopfully will have a very decent team.

I saw Hamilton Accies beat Partick Thistle at Firhill on Saturday but I won't be making a habit of it.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Just as well as Hamilton Accies probably aren't either...

After tonight I can only say one thing-

Morecambe????!

Dave Lewis Guest

if things carry on like this, it could be one of the most open title races in years. Rather frustrating, then, that things have to break for those bloody internationals next week!!!

(I know, how unpatriotic of me... )
    I completely agree, Dave - international breaks are the scourge of football. I couldn't care less how Wales or England get on, let alone any other nation. I've got as much interest in international football as I have in patriotism... none whatsoever.

Pip Madeley Guest

Well for those that are interested, England are doing a damn fine job so far.

True enough!

Dave Lewis Guest

Russia were nowhere near as impressive as all the pre-match hype made them out to be... Scotland's victory over France was pretty good, though.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I'm probably the only person here who spent last night watching Ukraine v Italy- I've loved watching the Italians for years so to be able to watch the game on TV in Rome was rather good. I think it's the fact that you never quite know whether they're going to pull off some fantastic piece of skill or send an opposition player flying...and they play as if it's all the same to them. Forza Azzurri!

Has anybody been watching the Women's World Cup? England opened their campaign with a 2-2 draw against Japan, and in just over an hour, they face Germany - who opened the tournament by beating Argentina 11-0!!!

Some good goals in that game - although none were as the funny as the two identical own goals scored by the Argentine keeper!

Has anybody been watching the Women's World Cup?
    I'm afraid that with live coverage on weekday afternoons, and highlights starting at around the same time I'm heading off to bed, my simple answer is no!

I'm rather more preoccupied with a looming North London derby though...

England managed to keep Germany to a 0-0 draw, which was better than expected.

Well done, girls!

As for the Premiership, the top four teams are already looking all too familiar...

Has anybody been watching the Women's World Cup? -D
    sorry but I just can't take womens football seriously - although I will admitt some of those birds hit the ball has hard as the men do.

Any way on a more important note West Ham, picked up another 3pts with a 2nd successive 3-0 win to move us into 5th place. with Dean Ashton scoring one of the goals.

Though Reading, lost for a 3rd successive game ro leave them in the bottom 3 and I just get the feeling if they don't turn this around and soon the alarm bells will be starting to ring.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Excellent game last night, played at a frenetic pace- a goal down after five minutes, Tranmere came back to score twice in the last eight and go top of the division overnight. Almost like the way we played in the old First Division about fifteen years ago, which is probably what Ronnie Moore is aiming at.

sorry but I just can't take womens football seriously - although I will admitt some of those birds hit the ball has hard as the men do.

Any way on a more important note...
    PC post of the year!