Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    That Portsmouth-Reading game was a bit dull, wasn't it?

yeh got to feel sorry for the poor sods who wasted their money on this rubbish.

but thank god they did not allow Alan Hansen, to analyse this game.

10 goals conceded in 3 home games - Arsenal, Everton and now Villa. That's why we're in the relegation zone and not the top 4.

That must have been a hell of a game last night, though. I still think Spurs will come good soon, although whether or not that will be with Martin Jol at the helm, I don't know.

Good to see Everton sort of getting back in-form, the good results against Sheffield Wednesday and Middlesbrough making up for the disappointing two previous games against Mentalist and Villa. Of course, Mikel Arteta's return makes all the difference, and I think Joleon Lescott may have already cemented his place as the club's Player of the Season.

That was a good away win for us last night. After throwing a win away at Coventry last weekend, we are back up to second after beating Hull 2-1 last night.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

back up to second and looking good, I think Alan Pardew, has certainly learned his lessons from his time at West Ham, when we were in the championship and is certainly a better manager for it.

Good to see Everton make it through to the next stage of the UEFA Cup, last night, even if we made typically hard work of it! I must admit, Mentalist we're very unfortunate not to have won, as they were the better team for much of the game. We improved in the second half, and eventually eased throuh, thanks to goals from men-of-the-moment Joleon Lescott and James McFadden (he's really on form right now) and the excellent Victor Anichebe, as well as good work from Mikel Arteta and Steven Pienaar, who's proving to be a great signing. One things for sure, though, and that is that we need to play a hell of a lot better if we're to get much further in this competition.

What eveyone think of the "Celtic Incident"? Should they be punished or should the keeper get fined for the play acting?
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Captain Tancredi Guest

The League One table is looking particularly sweet tonight. Strange that two of our victories so far have come away to sides near the top of the table, while we struggle to take a point at home to the teams further down.

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    What eveyone think of the "Celtic Incident"? Should they be punished or should the keeper get fined for the play acting?
    it makes you laugh when you watch Rugby players knocking the crap out each other and getting straight back to their feet and this pathetic man gose down after running half a dozen yards and a pat on his face. Dida is a disgracful and what he did were a cynical act of cheating and for me sums up how corrupt and rotten the game still is in Italy.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Clearly nobody in Milan is familiar with the concept of the Glasgow kiss.

Either that or it's a case of taking advantage of the situation to try to get the points taken away from Celtic, and it might just work.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    Either that or it's a case of taking advantage of the situation to try to get the points taken away from Celtic, and it might just work.
    well that's pretty much what I have felt, by rights Uefa should punish, Dida, with cheating.

Dida should get a worldwide ban for at least six months for trying to get the match abandoned. His team were losing, he saw a chance to get the game replayed, he sold a pat on the chest like Kennedy sold the bullet. He is the worst kind of cheat and UEFA have to send out a message that there is no more serious offence than trying to get your match abandoned because you're losing.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Captain Tancredi Guest

If the rules are the same as for domestic games, though, it may depend on the referee's report. UEFA may take the line that for Celtic to fail to control their fans was the greater offence- apart from anything else, they play Rangers there I think 4 times a season minimum, so you'd expect the stewarding to be up to the job.

It was really disappointing to see Spurs let one in at the death again. Especially as three points against Liverpool would have been a huge morale boost, especially after coming from behind. Still a point against Liverpool is a result I would have taken happily before the match.

Uefa has opened disciplinary proceedings against AC Milan and their Brazilian goalkeeper Dida after the Champions League game at Celtic.

Uefa has opened disciplinary proceedings against AC Milan and their Brazilian goalkeeper Dida after the Champions League game at Celtic.

well lets hope they punnish him.

Pip Madeley Guest

Was watching the England v Estonia match in bed - a fifth successive 3-0 win is something that should be applauded, and yet despite not conceding, I felt things seemed to collapse a little during the second half. Hansen was predicting a 6-0/7-0 win at half time, but I was more sceptical. Barry certainly deserved man of the match for a solid performance, Lescott meanwhile has a rather mute debut, not helped by the loss of Ashley Cole with that unfortunate injury. Rooney impressed, that chip really should've been a goal. Overall, a lot of chemistry between the players and a good result.

Fingers crossed they don't get too big-headed and knuckle down on Wednesday.

watched the Scotland v Ukrain, match a 3-1 for Scotland and another fantastic and solid performance against a quality Ukrainian team it's now away to Georga next and a win there will mean Scotland needing just a point in their final game at home to Italy.

I was at the Scotland game yesterday as one of my fiends is a keen supporter. I like to experience the big crowd atmosphere now and again and so far my attendance record has seen 3 wins for Scotland in a row, France, Georgia and now Ukraine. I'll never be converted to a football fan but I do like to support the home country

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    Iso far my attendance record has seen 3 wins for Scotland in a row, France, Georgia and now Ukraine. I'll never be converted to a football fan but I do like to support the home country
    you got to get on the next plane to Georgia, to keep up your 100% record.

Never mind James McFadden, it's Ralph who's single-handedly taking the Scots to Euro 2008!

Bolton have parted company with Sammy Lee and I am off to the bookies to collect the £60 I have just won!

Bolton have parted company with Sammy Lee and I am off to the bookies to collect the £60 I have just won!
    no real supprise there, I always had that fealing that once Alladyice, left Bolton, things would start to fall apart..

Just raped my ears listening to 5Live. Alan Green is an Ingurland-lovin lickspittle of the highest order. I thought he was Northern Irish!? That probably explains it.

There's also this gem from that **** Waddle:

Quote Originally Posted by BBC Sport
    1720: "I was disappointed with Russia at Wembley and I'm disappointed with them here. They've hardly caused any problems for England."
    Former England midfielder Chris Waddle on BBC 5live

I'm off to watch Georgia pump Scotchland...

Pip Madeley Guest

Well England are screwed. And it was going so well...