Thread: Emu Is Back!

Default Emu Is Back!

The bird-puppet Emu is to return to TV screens this October in a new live action comedy series for CITV.

The show will be feature a 'younger' Emu in earlier years alongside 'best friend' Toby, who will be assuming the role of a young Rod Hull. Toby, who is actually Hull's son, is a trained actor and has already appeared with Emu in two high profile pantomimes.

Emu and Hull came to fame on kids shows in the 1970s, as well as making iconic appearances on prime time shows like Parkinson, with Emu 'attacking' the chat show host.

Aimed at 6 - 11 year olds, the series tells the story of Toby and Emu moving in to a 'no pets allowed' apartment building and how, with their neighbours Charlie and Dani, they outwit the building's security guard.
    Does this sound good? Or is playing an early version of your dead Dad just a little creepy? And how does this fit into Emu Continuity? Is it their "Phantom Menace"?

Si.

has already appeared with Emu in two high profile pantomimes.
    I love the concept of a 'high-profile pantomime'. None of your usual muck here. THIS is for yer Pantomime Connoisseur and no mistake!

Grotbags is set to return at the end of Series 2, in a big cliffhanger.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Carol Lee-Scott! GET HER BACK!

Si.