Thread: Slipback CGI

Default Slipback CGI

Thanks to a link from the RT site I had a look at this. Someone is busy making a CGI version of Slipback!

It's not a bad effort either, considering it's one person's labour of love. There a gallery of shots already available, so you can see some of the characters and a whole Cosole gallery so you can see the stages of building the 80s console room in CGI.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

I remember visiting that website a few years ago. A comment in his guestbook reveals he plans to finish by 2009. Which means it'll have taken 8 years. Jeez.

Truly it is a labour of love. I'd be sick of Slipback after the first 5 years.

Si xx

That's a great console, but, and I never thought I'd say this, the internal bits of the time rotor are too wide!!!!!

Why's the time rotor moving so fast anyway?

The speed of the time rotor makes it seem quite sexual.

Or is it just me?

Si.

Warning! Time Spillage!

Si xx

At the speed the rotor's going I'm sure there'll be spillage!

transvamp Guest

If only they'd devote this much time and resources to making Dalek Empire in CGI.

They made a trailer for the new series, that's a start!

Si xx

I think I'd rather poke myself repeatedly for an hour with a fork than experience "Dalek Empire" again, whether it be in the formats of audio, CGI, play-doh animation or give-a-show projector.

Si.

"play-doh animation"

I demand they do a play-doh version of the 5 Doctors!!!!

No, there wouldn't be enough play-doh Tom Baker in it.

Dave Lewis Guest

I've had a look at this bloke's site, and surely someone's got to tell him at some point what a horrendous waste of the last six years this has been...

transvamp Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I think I'd rather poke myself repeatedly for an hour with a fork than experience "Dalek Empire" again, whether it be in the formats of audio, CGI, play-doh animation or give-a-show projector.

Si.
    Funnily enough I feel exactly the same way about Russell T. Davies' new Doctor Who.

Infact if they ever did televise Dalek Empire on TV, I'd have my collection of New Doctor Who videos all rewound, and ready to be taped over.
    Last edited by transvamp; 9th Aug 2007 at 8:53 PM.

if they ever did televise Dalek Empire on TV

I don't think that's going to happen, Tom.

Si.

transvamp Guest

I don't think that's going to happen, Tom.
    Neither do I. Does the word "hypothesis" mean anything to you or would I need to explain it to you with pictures?

Ok Tom, there's no need to be rude.

Si xx

transvamp Guest

Maybe not, but I'm sure Si Hunt wanted a reaction like that out of me. I really shouldn't have cheapened myself by getting baited but I can't exactly put a mod on my ignore list.

I have edited this post to remove some contentious posting. If anyone has a problem with this, then please PM me.

Please will everyone please read the Code of Conduct about what is acceptable behaviour on PS. If you have a problem with the way someone has posted, can I remind you to either send that poster a PM or contact a member of the mods/ admin team.

Thanks.

Si xx
    Last edited by SiHart; 10th Aug 2007 at 9:31 AM.

transvamp Guest

Well why hasn't SiHunt's sneering post which consists entirely of him laughing at me been removed? That post was just sheer rabid meanness clearly, by anyone's standards.

One rule for me, another for him I suppose.

Tom - please PM Si Hart if you have any problems.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Right. I've put up with this up until now, but enough's enough. Tom, there is not "one rule for me", the fact is that laughing at something (and surely it's not unreasonable to find the prospect of a tin-pot Big Finish audio series on the smallscreen amusing) is not against the rules. The stream of personal abuse you have levelled at me, including calling me "nasty", "sneering", "mean" and "rabid", is. I've kept quiet up until now, but if it continues I will take it up with the other Mods to ask for action to prevent this upsetting behaviour.

You accuse me (unreasonably and despite admitting that "most" of any of my behaviour you have taken a dislike to occured on the old forum, which closed over nine months ago) of "bullying". The fact is, it's me that's being bullied. I feel bullied into not being able to even respond to any of your posts, because when I do, as above when I even used a 'wink' emoticon so as not to cause offence, I get attacked. I will not tolerate being effectively told which posts I can and can't reply to.

It stops here. If you have anything further to say, please feel free to direct your comments to another Mod or Admin, as already requested.

That's all I have to say on the issue.

Si.

transvamp Guest

Maybe it's harder to tell on a forum than in real life but I know the difference between a series of disagreements and a vendetta of negation to make me feel excluded from the clique. And I know when I'm being made to look stupid, or manipulated to look like the one in the wrong.

I will not ask again. Please take your comments to Personal Messages to one of the Mods/ Admin team, as per PS's Code of Conduct. Is that too much to ask? If you don't do this I'll be forced to close this thread.

Thanks.

Si xx