Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Okay Let's Clear This Up!

Okay, this needs sorting!

Growing up with Doctor Who in the early eighties, I can clearly remember the evening when they showed THE WRONG EPISODE BY MISTAKE!

No-one ever mentions this! It's never in any books or documented anywhere. And yet I'm SURE it happened. I'm also sure that I remember reading about it in a book or fanzine ONCE but I can't remember where.

The episode was either during "Arc of Infinity" or "Snakedance". We were due for an episode of one of those stories, and an episode of the other one came on instead. I can clearly remember leaping up and yelling "They've shown the wrong one!". After Doctor Who finished, the announcer apoologised and they then showed the correct episode, possibly even replacing the evening news.

Does anyone else remember this? Tell me it wasn't a dream! Because I'm sure it happened! Yet the day they did the unthinkable and took off the news to show an extra episode of Doctor Who is never recalled!

Si.

I don't remember, I don't recall, I have memory of that happening at all.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Ask Bignell on the RT Forum...

Bignell has no recollection! My mind is doomed!

Si.

Episodes 2 and 3 of 'Arc of Infinity' were shown correctly as I taped them on audio and I would have recalled if there had been a problem at the time.

Ok, that doesn't help much but at least you can say that the mistake wasn't on the days that those 2 episodes were shown!!!

Mind you I bet you all remember UK Gold showing State of Decay when they should have shown Meglos!!!! The continuity announcer had fun trying to explain Adric's appearance and subsequant disappearance!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    Adric's appearance and subsequant disappearance!!!!
    Oh, if only that's how it had actually been......

In the words of a certain T. Baker, "AAAAHHHH, well it's not my fault the boy opened the TARDIS door in flight just as we were leaving Alzarius and I happened to push him out accidentally-on-purpose, is it K9?"

Apparently I invented it. Bizarre.

Si.

Si Hunt's mind is dooooooooomed!!!

They did it with an episode of "Crossroads" Si, if that helps, but I don't remember it happening with Who. I'm sure if it had then Ian Levine's reaction would have lived in infamy - plus there might have been a mention or two on the DWM letters page.

Captain Tancredi Guest

It also happened on BSB's Who-themed weekend in the late 1980s- 'The Brink of Disaster' was shown before 'The Edge of Destruction', and a repeat in the correct order was inserted into the schedule at short notice. I used to have a copy of the repeat until I had a Pamela Nash tribute night with most of my VHS collection.

Dave Lewis Guest

I remember back in 1982, they forgot to put Doctor Who on and instead put on some shite with a time-travelling Concorde and a wizard with a face covered in sputum. That's got to be a dream, surely?

I remember that Dave. I rushed home from seeing my new born baby brother to watch that.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Well, that cleared that up! Mr.Hunt, you appear to be wrong. But perhaps it was a regional thing? Or maybe you had an incident with a video recorder. Who can say?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It's bizarre the number of people on the RT who have said "I've got it - it happened in Australia! That must be what you are thinking of!"

Which doesn't QUITE explain how I remember it, unless they think I momentarily forgot an upbringing in the outback.

Si.

I think I heard you say "G'day" once.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Maybe Si was brought up by a pack of dingoes.

I don't remember this at all. But then I remember Logopolis as having Nyssa and Tegan wandering in a darkened Tardis meeting all sorts of weird things and I didn't remember Turlough at all. He was a complete surprise the first time I saw him.

Mark Strickson has a surprising effect on most people. So do I to be fair.

Dave Lewis Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I don't remember this at all. But then I remember Logopolis as having Nyssa and Tegan wandering in a darkened Tardis meeting all sorts of weird things
    I have some peculiar 'false' memories of Logopolis too... These memories perpetuated until I was about eighteen and saw it on video for the first time. The memory cheats, at least a little bit.

I think that my Logopolis memory is a mixture of actual Logopolis and Tegan's Mara dream sequence in Kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I don't remember, I don't recall, I have memory of that happening at all.

Si xx
    me neither.

Well I also had a "clear memory" of the early Colin Baker episodes still using Davison's opening credit sequence. When I was a little older and started getting DWM or the Programme Guide or whatever, and saw that his debut story was just one story at the end of a season, I assumed that they must have just done it for that story, before giving him a new title sequence when he started "properly". I was convinced any reference to a new title sequence with the Twin Dilemma was wrong, and even when I finally got the video I was semi-convinced they had just changed it for the video release.

I also clearly remember seeing ET at the cinema and seeing my sister cry, but everyone else in the family tells me I didn't go at all because I was too young.

The mind is a funny thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    Well I also had a "clear memory" of the early Colin Baker episodes still using Davison's opening credit sequence. When I was a little older and started getting DWM or the Programme Guide or whatever, and saw that his debut story was just one story at the end of a season, I assumed that they must have just done it for that story, before giving him a new title sequence when he started "properly". I was convinced any reference to a new title sequence with the Twin Dilemma was wrong, and even when I finally got the video I was semi-convinced they had just changed it for the video release.

The mind is a funny thing.
    Maybe you were thinking of the Colin Baker face slapped on top of Davison's during the end titles to Episode 4 of 'Caves of Androzani'?

Well I also had a "clear memory" of the early Colin Baker episodes still using Davison's opening credit sequence
    At least you didn't have a memory of Lalla Ward's face appearing after Tom's on his title sequence - now that would've been really silly....

I remember Battlefield being absolutely astoundingly brilliant on its first broadcast. A real action-packed, fun-filled piece of brilliance from start to finish.