Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Donna's parents and "lighter in tone"!! FFS x infinity!!
    Is this in the "How I expect those moaning anal old ****s on [certain Forums which I won't name] to react" category or the "What Milky really thinks" one?
    Last edited by Logo Polish; 21st Aug 2007 at 8:37 PM.

Pip Madeley Guest

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Julie Gardner confirmed Freema Agyeman would only be appearing in five episodes of series four. Possibly episodes 9-13?

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned, but Julie Gardner confirmed Freema Agyeman would only be appearing in five episodes of series four. Possibly episodes 9-13?
    I knew Freema, was going to be returning but I did not know for how many episodes but by then will we even want her back.

I don't really know how it can get much lighter in tone without actually going out on CBBC.

Pip Madeley Guest

New pic:

Donna Noble may have stood out from the crowd in her Runaway Bride wedding dress, but she's determined to blend in when the TARDIS makes a date with Agatha Christie during the 1920s.

Although David Tennant's Doctor remained in his timeless pin-striped brown suit for the adventure, Donna (played by Catherine Tate) chose this classy 'flapper' style period costume for the occasion. With filming now complete on the period piece, David and Catherine are preparing to visit the Planet of the Ood - with presumably another costume change planned.

Both episodes are being produced by Susie Liggat, who previously took charge of the Human Nature / The Family Of Blood two-parter during Series 3.

Today's Sun picks up the casting news from the latest DWM:

CASTING SPOILERS THAT APPEARED IN DWM LAST WEEK!
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...390617,00.html

Casting news from new DWM, via OG's Matt DM:

They confirm filming in Italy for a Rome episode ( in a separate block)

Cast includes:

Tracy Childs (Howards way)
    Sasha Behar (Rescue me)
    Francesca Fowler (Rome (!))

No titles, but the the Agatha Christie episode has the acronym TUATW (the production team are teasing us a little with this one)

Other cast for this episode include

Daphne Oxenford (Dragonfire)
    Leena dhingra
    Natalie Barrett

Other cast for Planet of the Ood include

Ayesha Dharker (Star wars:Attack of the clones); Adrian Rawlins (Harry Potter); Roger Griffiths (Holby city)

PREDICTABLE REPLY ALERT!!

Tracey Childs from Howards' Way and "Mad Maya" from Coronation Street!! FFS!! RTD's constant soapy agenda continues to disgust me, spurt, spurt, foam, etc, etc...

not a great list this series.

We're doomed. The guest cast for Series 4 is SHIT!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Leena Dhingra

She has appeared in soap operas Doctors as Nina Parmar, Coronation Street as Mina Parekh and EastEnders as Manju Patel. Her role as Manju was only supposed to be for two episodes but due to an internet campaign, EastEnders are making her a recurring character in the soap from Autumn 2007. She has also appeared in comedy shows Life Isn't All Ha Ha Hee Hee as Auntie Bindu and Grease Monkeys as Pinky Alluwahlia, and film East is East as Mrs. Shah.

Tracey Childs

Best known for playing Lynne Howard in the 1980s drama series Howards' Way. More recently, she has appeared in Born and Bred as Linda Cosgrove and as Patty Cornwell in Hollyoaks. Her first on-screen role was in the Upstairs, Downstairs episode, Wanted - a Good Home. She also appeared in Sense and Sensibility. Childs was married to her Howards' Way co-star, the late Tony Anholt, from 1990 to 1998.

Natalie Barrett

I believe she is an actress/presenter/model - her MySpace is here

Ayesha Dharker

Dharker made her screen debut in the 1989 Francois Villier film, Manika: Une vie plus tard. Dharker subsequently went on to star in many American, French and Indian films. She has had many television roles in the UK, particularly in Cutting It and Life Isn't All Ha Ha Hee Hee, in which she co-starred with Meera Syal. Her most internationally recognised role was when she acted as Queen Jamillia, the Queen of Naboo in Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002). Dharker starred in the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical Bombay Dreams, both in London's West End and on Broadway (2004). She also starred in The Mistress of Spices (2005).

Sasha Behar

Best known for her role as "mad" Maya Sharma on ITV's Coronation Street, she also appeared in the Inspector Morse spin-off Lewis.

Francesca Fowler

She has most recently appeared in the 2007 thriller movie Straightheads alongside Gillian Anderson and Danny Dyer. She made her acting debut in the British TV Movie, Like Father Like Son for ITV. She has also made appearances in Rome and Bad Girls.

Daphne Oxenford

The voice of for BBC radio's Listen with Mother from 1950 to 1971. She was also one of the original cast members of Coronation Street, playing Esther Hayes from 1960 to 1963 and. She also played Mrs. Patterson in the popular sitcom To the Manor Born. Other TV credits include: All Creatures Great and Small, The Sweeney, The Duchess of Duke Street, Juliet Bravo, The Children of Green Knowe, Doctor Who (in the serial Dragonfire) and Hetty Wainthropp Investigates. In 2006, she appeared in Midsomer Murders and guest-starred in the audio drama Sapphire and Steel: Cruel Immortality.

Adrian Rawlins

Rawlins was born in Stoke-on-Trent to Mavis Leese and Edward Rawlins. He has appeared in several films including Wilbur Wants to Kill Himself, and also has a minor role in the Harry Potter film series as Harry's father, James Potter.

Roger Griffiths

Has appeared in Holby City, Doctors, Eastenders, My Family, Casualty, Dr Terrible's House Of Horrible, The Bill - but is best known as Everton in the Lenny Henry comedy Chef!

Sasha Behar was excellent in Corrie and I've no idea why they didn't bring her back. There was going to be a trial storyline but they dropped it - I suspect as part of thei writers malicious campaign to give Jimmy Harkashan the most mind-numbing, unexciting storylines as punishment for his drugs thing.

Who was Daphne Oxenford in "Dragonfire"? Was she the old bird on the ice caves recording?

Si.

Yes. Didn't realise she was still around actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post

Daphne Oxenford

The voice of for BBC radio's Listen with Mother from 1950 to 1971.
    dear god the woman must be nearly 100 years old.

Pip Madeley Guest

They're filming the Rome episode now (pics courtesy of Scooty at Roobarbs)...

Pic 1

Pic 2

Not that much to see, but gives you a teeny taster.

Is that the Sisterhood of Karn I see?

Si.

How come we almost missed the new location story/pic on the official site?
    It's been up since midnight!

CONTAINS SPOILERS!!
    Titter Ye Not, Missus!

Peter Capaldi and Phil Davis are in it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Peter Capaldi and Phil Davis are in it as well.
    Fantastic!

I'm sure I read some where that David Bowie was in the 4th series. Have I gone mad?

Pip Madeley Guest

No, it was a rumour which Bowie denied on his website.

And previous to James' post - ooh!

If it is based on "The Fires of Vulcan", I hope they get Gemma Bissix in it to reprise her part as a prostitute.

She'd make my muffin grow. Tracey Childs is good news, we need Jan Harvey as her mother!

I hope it'll be a "pure" historical with no sci-fi elements (TARDIS excepted!).

Something new in today's Sun...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007450650,00.html

If anyone has trouble with the link, it says that Christopher Ryan is playing a Sontaran leader in a story for the next series.

No surpise after they were mentioned in the latest SJA episode and rumoured to return every year.

Their heads will be too wide and Ryan lacks gravitarse.

Will this news increase the sales of potatoes?