Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Series Four: What we KNOW so far (SPOILERS!)

New BBC Press Release (plus Tennant & Tate pic) has just appeared:

CONTAINS SERIES FOUR SPOILERS!!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/...10/47771.shtml

Whodunnit?

The Doctor and Donna book a date with Agatha Christie.

Filming is underway for Series Four of Doctor Who, with Catherine Tate reprising her role as Donna, the runaway bride featured in last year's Christmas Special.

The start of the new series will see Donna tracking down the Time Lord during an alien emergency in modern-day London. The couple are destined to experience a series of wonderful adventures throughout the new series including meeting one of Doctor Who's most popular aliens, The Ood in a brand new episode, Planet of The Ood.

Catherine Tate said: "I am delighted to be returning to Doctor Who. I had a blast last Christmas and look forward to travelling again through time and space with that nice man from Gallifrey."

Donna and The Doctor will also be travelling through time for an encounter with the legendary murder mystery novelist, Agatha Christie, played by Jekyll star Fenella Woolgar. Fenella will be joined by The Good Life actress Felicity Kendal, who will star as Lady Clemency Eddison.

"What a brilliant idea that Agatha Christie and Doctor Who should meet!," noted Matthew Prichard, Agatha Christie's grandson. "Two characters whose contribution to British entertainment is absolutely unrivalled. As far as I know my grandmother, Agatha Christie, never saw Doctor Who, but I am sure she would have been intrigued, excited and above all flattered by all this attention in 2007."

Doctor Who's executive producer and head writer, Russell T Davies comments: "Visiting Agatha Christie has been on my wish-list for ages now, and for the Doctor, it's a real meeting of minds! Viewers can expect many more ambitious storylines and a whole host of guest stars in 2008."

Blackadder and Notting Hill Actor Tim McInnerny will also guest star later in the series.

Freema Agyeman who has played Martha Jones, The Doctor's companion throughout the critically acclaimed third series will return to the show to join The Doctor and Donna mid series.

See also... SCI-FI PULSE

Confirms about 50% of the stuff that's been appearing on OG recently.

Some sad bugger can spurt fan wee all over THIS BIG PIC!!

Last edited by Milky Tears; 10th Aug 2007 at 12:24 AM. Reason: "Four" looks better than "4"

The photo is a classic piece of camping it up. I'm impressed!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm delighted that Tim McInnerny and Felicity Kendal are going to be in the new series.

Si.

Felicity Kendall is long over due! Get Penelope Keith too and then we've got a Good Life reunion this year, what with Richard Briers in Torchwood too.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I remember thinking Tim McInnerney would have been a good Doctor at one time (he'd probably never have done it though). Good to see old Percy appearing in one story anyway.

Also means both Tom and Barbara Good will have been in it at different times.
    Last edited by Logo Polish; 10th Aug 2007 at 7:55 PM.

Agatha Christie is an unusual choice.

Felicity and Tim are perfect. They should get it in the way Roger Lloyd Pack did not.

I agree, we need Penny Keith.

Although am I alone in thinking we should demand they scrap the Agatha Christie thing and go for a Rosemary&Thyme crossover episode instead?

David McIntee posted the following link over on OG. He spotted something interesting at the bottom of the Variety report below:

COULD IT BE A SERIES FOUR LOCATION SPOILER!??
    http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

Dave Lewis Guest

Oh Tempora... Oh Mores... it's a re-make of The Romans!

They might just use the massive backlot to recreate Roman Moridunum (Carmarthen) or Londinium.

Pip Madeley Guest

Let's hope they go back and the Doctor passes an old man with white hair, and does a double take, that would be cool and awesome. 10/10

It's been picked up by a reliable source:

COULD BE SPOILERS!!
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2007370145,00.html

Pip Madeley Guest

I really hate the Sun. They do my head in, it's always negative.

Captain Tancredi Guest

All of a sudden my couple of days in a certain European capital in September become very interesting indeed...

so Agtha Christie, will probably be this season famous historicl person if so it's a big dissapointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    so Agtha Christie, will probably be this season famous historicl person if so it's a big dissapointment.
    It has been done well with Dickens, quite well with Shakespeare and very badly with H G Wells, literary figures can be done very well, so I'm crossing my fingers. Christie is a good choice as she is quite an enigmatic character with a massive gap in her history when she went missing for a period of time!

I have high hopes!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

"What a brilliant idea that Agatha Christie and Doctor Who should meet!," noted Matthew Prichard, Agatha Christie's grandson.
    Is he auditioning for piece in DW:Confidential....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm told Graeme Harper is directing the Agatha Christie episode.

"The start of the new series will see Donna tracking down the Time Lord during an alien emergency in modern-day London."

Goodness me, an alien emergency in modern-day London? Wow that will be exciting and different.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post
    "The start of the new series will see Donna tracking down the Time Lord during an alien emergency in modern-day London."

Goodness me, an alien emergency in modern-day London? Wow that will be exciting and different.
    Aye, that's what I thought. Although with Donna being left on Earth, it's the only way to do it really. I just hope we don't end the series with another invasion of London.

Possible spoiler???????

Has anyone heard about a reappearance by Mickey????

Pip Madeley Guest

Yes, it's widely rumoured.

Quote Originally Posted by Zbigniev Hamson View Post

And which BBC News presenter will they drag out this time?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    And which BBC News presenter will they drag out this time?
    Anna Ford? Moira Stewart? Kenneth Kendall??????
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

News snippets from DWM 386 as posted on OG:

Posted by Malcolm James - "Well, if I dont spoiler the new DWM, someone else will; so here goes:

Bernard Cribbins appears in a cameo in the Christmas special. Christopher Benjamin follows in the Agatha Christie episode (not as Henry Jago). The episode Tim McInnery appears in is Planet of the Ood. And Donnas parents will reappear in Season 4."

Posted by The Doctors trainers- "Further snippets from this month's issue

Series 4 will be lighter than Series 3 in tone.

Donna will be more down to earth than the 'romanticised' Rose & Martha

A 2008 Christmas special has already been discussed acc. to RTD but not green lit yet.: 'There's already talk of a 2008 Christmas special but none of us knows what will happen after series four'"

Donna's parents and "lighter in tone"!! FFS x infinity!!