Captain Tancredi Guest

Default Free to a good home

One 'Fury from the Deep' cassette soundtrack (i.e. with Tom's narration).

Is now spoken for...giving stuff away is so liberating
    Last edited by Captain Tancredi; 12th Aug 2007 at 10:46 PM.

Well done on getting rid of it - I thought you'd have a tricky time, but it seems the casstettes are still in demand.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Well, er, yes and no...I was only giving it away after it failed to sell on Ebay, but then again the Saward/Tom narration probably makes it a completely different experience- particularly Tom's account of some of the cliffhangers.

Pip Madeley Guest

Thanks very much Ian for letting me have your Fury tapes, they arrived today - with the Tom Baker narration and scary cliffhangers, it's the definitive version for me!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Given that I only posted them on Monday night, it just goes to show that first class post really isn't worth the extra expense- sadly it's denied me the opportunity to warn you about the tapes getting closer...and closer...AND CLOSER...

Pip Madeley Guest

That scream with the theme tune dramatically cutting in sends shivers down my spine... I was really disappointed when I realised the original version just had Victoria's scream tailing off and the Hartnell theme slowly fading in...

Captain Tancredi Guest

If there's one area where the Troughton era consistently undercuts itself, it's on the cut to the end titles. So many directors come up with a really compelling image and then waste it by allowing the action to run on for a couple of seconds beneath the first few credits- 'Moonbase' 2 being a good example. The Cyberman emerges from underneath the blanket, menaces the humans...and then seems to stop and have a look at his watch.

Pip Madeley Guest

A similar story with the opening credits (episode title & writer) at times - I was watching 'The Reign of Terror' part six last night, and laughed at how once the reprise was acted out, the cast had to stand still for about ten seconds whilst the credits appeared, waiting for them to disappear before they could carry on.