Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Girls Aloud/Sad Pervs Still Allowed Thread!!

Following on from the lack of 'Stay Another Day' on Girls Aloud: Greatest Hits, we have this exciting news.

Girls Aloud' haunted mansion ordeal Nov 25 2006
    Gareth Morgan, Western Mail

GIRLS Aloud were spooked out after spending the night in a haunted Welsh mansion.

Four of the fearless five-piece, pictured left, who won Popstars: The Rivals in 2002, went ghost hunting with TV presenter Yvette Fielding for a one-off television show.

But the programme didn't go as planned, with Northern Irish beauty Nadine Coyle refusing to take part while bandmate Nicola Roberts walked off set before filming had completed.

Two other members of the band, Cheryl Cole and Kimberley Walsh, ended up in tears.

A spokesman for the programme said Nadine features early on in the show, with Yvette going to the singer's house to try to entice her to take part.

But she was too spooked and refused to help out with the ghost hunting, telling Yvette it would be far too terrifying.

Her bandmates did agree to go ahead with filming but were freaked out after taking part in filming at a disused hospital morgue in Cheshire and the 17th-century mansion Plas Teg in Pontblyddyn.

Cheryl said she had been reduced to tears during the show.

"It was terrible. I yelled the place down and burst into tears when something touched my arm," she said.

Kimberley said she had cried when a stone had gone flying at her.

Afterwards, the girls said they were all firm believers in the supernatural.

Kimberley said, "I was the most cynical out of us all but I do believe in it now."

And Nadine said she had no regrets about not taking part.

"I am just petrified about all this kind of stuff," she said.

"I am just so scared, just the thought of doing it. I don't want to be mixing with that kind of thing. Now after hearing about the girls' stories, I know I made the right decision.

"I have no regrets that I didn't take part."

Ghost Hunting with Girls Aloud will be screened on Tuesday, December 12 on ITV2 at 9pm.
    Do you think they'll be touched by the spirit of Girl Thing?

I read about it on Digital Spy a few weeks ago, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Default Ghost Hunting with Girls Aloud

Found some more info from The Stage:

http://www.thestage.co.uk/tvtoday/20...dling_kids.php

Just told Treena about it, she'll be watching it.

I was shocked to see Girls Aloud miming on SCD last night.

Don't know about that, I was too busy looking at their legs. What did they sing?

It was 'I Think We're Alone Now'. Not as bad as I first thought, but the bassline is much better on Tiffany's version.

I'm off to rewatch their Children In Need appearance from last week. Nadine's short skirts and some pervy cameramen are always a winning combination.

You know, I'd completely forgotten they'd done a version of Stay.

And it's not on any of the other albums, so it's no wonder my failing wombat memory forgot it...

I don't think I could name one song they've done, but I do like the videos

The single version of "I Think We're Alone Now" is a real disappointment, different to the version that leaked. It sounds like two songs being played over the top of each other.

I'm a massive Tiffany fan and I quite like it.

A rare live performance from Girls Aloud on tonight's Paul O'Grady Show. They murdered "Love Machine" and my ears are still bleeding!!

Quote from the Digital Spy thread:

It reminded me of turkeys wrapped in gold foil and being basted. They have the dancing skills of the Stephen Hawking Allstars. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew T View Post
    The single version of "I Think We're Alone Now" is a real disappointment, different to the version that leaked. It sounds like two songs being played over the top of each other.

I expect the version my boss and I did at the staff party last night was a lot better. Certainly funnier!
    I am out there... somewhere.

Shocking story in today's NOTW:

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/stor...showbiz2.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by News of the World
    GIRLS APART
    By James Desborough

GIRLS Aloud are refusing to go quietly—and have mapped out plans to keep themselves in the spotlight after the band splits this summer.

The five-piece will break up after five years in September, but all the girls are determined to make it big when they go solo.

Sarah Harding, 25, wants to break into acting—and dreams of becoming a Bond girl.

Success

Sarah said: "Acting is an avenue I want to explore. I'd love to be in a Bond film."

Irish babe Nadine Coyle, 21, wants to act too. She hopes to move to Los Angeles and appear on the small screen—and be near boyfriend Jesse Metcalfe, the Desperate Housewives hunk.

Kimberley Walsh, 25, and Nicola Roberts, 21, both plan to become high-flying businesswomen.

Cheryl Cole, 23, will stay in the music business, aiming for solo success.

An insider said the girls, who have a Greatest Hits tour coming up in May and June, will go their separate ways in September after a series of summer festival appearances.

The insider added: "The band will finish this year and all the girls are focusing on what they want to do next.

"They all feel they've done their time in a pop band and have taken it as far as they can go.

"Like the Spice Girls, they won't announce they've split, just that they have ‘taken a break'."

Last year the News of the World revealed that the group was on the verge of breaking up because of arguments between Nadine and Cheryl, Chelsea star Ashley Cole's wife.

Record bosses persuaded the band — formed five years ago on ITV's Popstars: The Rivals—to stay together.

The Greatest Hits tour and bumper CD sales will bank them a cool 3million before they split.

So many comedy gold quotes in that article.

Kimberley Walsh, 25, and Nicola Roberts, 21, both plan to become high-flying businesswomen.
    Air Stewardesses?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I could actually see them both having their own hairdressers or something - nothing nasty meant in that, they just seem the kind of cheery, northern lasses you'd find doing blue rinses and perms every Friday morning over a nice cup of tea.

I've been thinking too much again, haven't I?

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post

I could actually see them both having their own hairdressers or something - nothing nasty meant in that, they just seem the kind of cheery, northern lasses you'd find doing blue rinses and perms every Friday morning over a nice cup of tea.

I've been thinking too much again, haven't I?
    You've been watching "The Show" video too much

They've had a good innings so I shall shed no tears for their passing. Nadine's Coil will do musicals.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post

... just seem the kind of cheery, northern lasses you'd find doing blue rinses and perms every Friday morning over a nice cup of tea.
    Cheery Northern lasses?! Blue rinses?! Well, my friend's a cheery hairdresser and she does old ladies on a Friday so it's not far wrong!....and I'm cheery (but without the scissors)!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Baynes View Post
    she does old ladies on a Friday so it's not far wrong!
    What your friends get up to in their own time at the weekend is beside the point...

Pip Madeley Guest

Bu'dum-tish!

We should get a group of us chaps together and see Girls Aloud in concert before they split... Dave Tudor would definitely be up for it... we would ask Milky Tears, but he's only a fictional creation.

I'm busy that day!

Si.

I'd be up for it. So to speak.

They've denied they're splitting and claim a new album is due in the autumn.

They could split for me any day etc, etc...

Pip didn't post the best St.Trinian's shots the other day!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1773

http://celebs.sytes.net/hosting2/pupload/view/15015

It's upskirt/crotch shot/cheeky heaven.

No wonder that pic has had 1862 views!

Dave Tudor will be unable to walk for the rest of the month.

Why do you think it's taken me six days to make this post?

Other shock news is that Nicola has leapfrogged Kimberley in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women In The World 2007 poll!
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 26th Apr 2007 at 5:33 PM. Reason: make that 1863

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Dave Tudor will be unable to walk for the rest of the month.
    Guess I won't be moving from the computer for awhile, then.

Some of those shots are too pervy even for me!