Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

That won't go down well with his CBBC roles.

Looking there curiously like

Pip Madeley Guest

It's possible that Red Dwarf will be returning...

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2008/...anniversarial/

On August 24 Robert Lewellyn attended a special briefing session in Seattle Washington at KCTS 9 PBS and confirmed to a small select briefing of fans that just before he left the UK for this visit, the BBC had confirmed that a one hour new episode with all the the original cast had been commisioned with filming to start in November of 2008
    Could it be true? I hope so, I'd love to see new Red Dwarf

I hope they do it too. These things are like car crashes - it'd be like an old boys reunion. Of course, as soon as we've seen it we'll wish they hadn't done it, but it'll still be a thrill to see them back in Starbug.

Si.

That'd be perfect - a one-hour TV Movie to finish it off. In HD. With surround sound. And a song.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

! A one hour special to kick start a new set of 9 seasons!

I bet ITV won't let Craig Charles off from Corrie just to spite everyone.

Thats ok. He just needs to be seen smoking crack in public again and they'll fire him!

Oh lord, can't they just let this thing die peacefully? It'll be Dimensions in Time all over again...
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

Oh good. "New episode" may mean "cast present some old clips on a digital channel"

The cast of Red Dwarf will reportedly reunite for a series of new shows to be broadcast on digital channel Dave in 2009.

The Sun states that Craig Charles, Chris Barrie, Danny John-Jules, Robert Llewellyn and Chloe Annett will appear in four 30-minute specials that will combine new material with classic footage of the cult BBC Two sitcom.

Red Dwarf ran for eight seasons between 1988 and 1999. Numerous attempts to finance a cinematic version of the programme have failed in recent years.

Co-creator Doug Naylor stated in 2007 that the BBC had opted not to pursue a ninth season of the show, despite its previous commercial success.

Sounds much the same as the Allo, Allo special last year then.

I don't know about this really. I think too much time has passed since the last episode was made for it to be worth doing. I've just not been excited about the idea since it was mooted. It's probably going to be somewhat reidiculous them playing the same characters now that they played over 20 years ago when the series started... I think it's time to realise that Red Dwarf has had its day and let it go.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Yeah, I mean we've got Hyperdrive now to fill it's gap
    *sounds of bitter and sardonic laughter fill the airwaves*

I like Hyperdrive.

Well that's one... I tried watching it, but despite a (mostly) great cast it just left me cold.

Pip Madeley Guest

It's been confirmed:

Robert Llewellyn: 'Uh oh. I'm in trouble. I did have written permission to announce the fothcoming 1 hour special of red dwarf, but since then I have been asked to keep my big gob shut. I imagine as always the broadcaster had no notion of how fast the news would spread on the intermesh. They are going to announce officially mid September. I am presently at DragonCon in Atlanta which is insanely massive. 3 huge hotels and 30,000 people. More soon'.

Cool. I can't wait.

It'll be good, IF it's not just a clips show and a couple of newly shot links.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I think the Dave episodes and this are completely different, it's being made by the BBC and not UKTV.

Robert talks about it on YouTube HERE

Pip Madeley Guest

But then again, I dunno!

According to ITV Teletext,there will be two completely new episodes with the entire original cast on Dave this autumn.These will be in addition to a look back at the series by the actors and a surprise fourth episode...

No-one seems to know what's going on, do they?

Si xx

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I think too much time has passed since the last episode was made for it to be worth doing ... I think it's time to realise that Red Dwarf has had its day and let it go.
    I can't believe I'm hearind a Doctor Who fan say that. There's been less time since the last episode than between Survival and Rose!

But I have the strong suspicion you're right. Whatever happened to Chris Barries career though? He seemed to be always on the TV at one point, I can't think the last thing he was in.

But the difference with Rd Dwarf is that the original cast will all need to be back and I think, to be honest they're all a bit too old now to play the 20 something characters they originally portrayed. Yes I know the characters developed over the duration of the show, but probably not quite enough to make this seem right, at least in my head.

Si xx

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    But the difference with Rd Dwarf is that the original cast will all need to be back and I think, to be honest they're all a bit too old now to play the 20 something characters they originally portrayed. Yes I know the characters developed over the duration of the show, but probably not quite enough to make this seem right, at least in my head.
    No need to explain, I was only joking when I said "I can't believe I'm hearind a Doctor Who fan say that"! But I was missing my

I do think you're right, the show was also let down by two quite weak final seasons.

It depends on how it is done. If it is set years after the last one then the age thing shouldn't be to much of an issue.

WhiteCrow Guest

To be honest everything hinges on the writing, which was nowhere near as good in the last 2 series.