Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post

1. What does Baysan think of it all?
    We must know!

I don't understand that logic? So they should also put all the bonus features/commentaries etc on the vanillas too, is that what you're saying?
    not at all I d just think it's a bit unfair that if you want to get this extra you have to fork out £60 for it I honestly can't see a problem in 2/entertain slotting it in on a vanilla realease.

1. What does Baysan think of it all?
    What, a meeting of a classic series Doctor whom he loves, with a new series Doctor whom he refuses to recognise? His cool and awesome mind will probably explode!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    What, a meeting of a classic series Doctor whom he loves, with a new series Doctor whom he refuses to recognise? His cool and awesome mind will probably explode!
    Baysun's reply would probably be some like Davison, was awsome but the whole thing was spoiled by that imposter Tennent bloke whom just is not a oropper Doctor.

Wow, it's on tomorrow. The first multi-Doctor story in, like, over 20yrs!!!

Exciting!

At a ceratin angle, Davison looks a bit like he has a pony tail in Pip's banner.

Very Status Quo!

Seeing as Moffat's in charge of this script, is the Doctor going to fall in love with himself?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

....and will he manage to get a banana in to the script?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

DrWho2150 Guest

I hope someone will be kind enough to post a full synopsis once it has aired, for those of us without UK television.

We'll certainly quote all the best lines on here!

I think we could do a synopsis for a 5 minute mini-ep... although not if it's like Dimensions in Time!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

That was lovely! When Tennat said the "You were my Doctor" line I got the impression he was being genuine.

Worth it just for the "beard" line!

Well that was quite fun, though all it's really done is made me want a proper two Doctors story. And now. Yes. NOW!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Oh yes Paul, I think it was genuine. I think Tennent is on record as saying that Davison was 'his' Doctor, age wise that works.

Loved the beard line as well!

A nice, fun little piece of fluff, I thought. Raised a smile and even seemed slightly moving at the end, with the "all my love to the past" bit.

Lovely, at least for a definite Davison fan like m'self - just a lovely little 'love letter' to the fifth Doctor, gorgeous. And fun.

Davison does the slightly comical stuff really well. Shame his Doctor never had many funny moments.

Awww! That was great fun. There was just some joy to see Peter Davison running round the new console and being the Doctor again. I loved the dig at the specs!

A lovely little scene.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

That beard line...

"Does he still have that rubbish beard?"
    "No... well, he's got a wife..."

Is it wrong and weird that it made me remember something I once heard about 'beard' being, in certain quarters, a slang term for a woman used by a closeted gay man to make himself seem more butch and hetro?

Marvellous. Simply marvellous.

"Check out the bone structure, Doctor, 'cos one day you're going to be shaving it"

Fantastic, wasn't it? I feel a little now, not realising how much Tennant has been inspired by Davison until it was spelled out to me in this scene!

Both actors were superb, and it was a lovely little script from Steven Moffat. It's good that the Fifth Doctor is getting a little recognition these days, something which has all-too-often gone unsaid in the past, epsecially for those of us for whom, like the Tennant, Davison was 'their' Doctor.

Oh, and good music, too.

Yes, the music was nice, wasn't it? Was it me, or did some of it seem deliberately a little bit 80s-Who?

I think it was all 80's-style music, wasn't it? I'm not sure, though, if it was lifted from Davison stories, or it was specially composed in that style - I'll have to watch it again.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I've pulled myself together now- little bit emotional there- the odd thing is that something so consciously full of in-jokes and references worked so well, when Children in Need is usually just a collection of self-indulgent fluff. Really quite surprisingly personal from all the parties involved and I suspect many of those of us of a certain age will be making a cup of tea and digging out the Fifth Doctor's adventures very shortly. Hmm, one loaded iPod and seven hours of train journeys over the next couple of days...

Next time I see my cousin's kids I'll also be able to point out that it was my Doctor and theirs together.

Yes, there was definitely a little bit of 1980s Radiophonic Workshop synthesizer-style stuff going on there at some points!