Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default Doctor Who: Time Crash (Children In Need Special!)

From OG:

Seventh Doctor Actor Sylvester McCoy released a possible spoiler at the Day With A Doctor event in Auckland, New Zealand. There has been no Official Announcement of this from the BBC.

McCoy claimed that Fifth Doctor Peter Davison is due to return for Series 4 in a Multi-Doctor episode.

Could it be true?

OG REPLY MODE..

This news sucks. He's not my favorite Doctor. Why can't it be McGann or Ecclestone? I'd rather have a Time War story!

If the Davidson news is true, I hope they bring back Peri as well. Nyssa is too old and Tegan/Adric/Turlough too annoying.

I'm not sure if black boxie spoiler things are required in a spoiler thread, but just in case....

They JUST about got away with it for the Five Doctors, but Davison is very noticeably older than he was, and has about 10% of the hair he had, so how could this possibly work? Unless they do some sort of Dark Dimension alternate version or something. Anyway I'd probably love it and hate it at the same time

Coo.

I think it would only work if they do it in an alternate reality where the Doctor didn't regenerate after leaving Androzani Minor.

We've had Two, Three & Five Doctor stories, so we could have The Four Doctors with Tennant, Eccleston, Mcgann & McCoy.

If true then I bloody hope they come up with a better title than The '2,3,4,' Doctors.

WhiteCrow Guest

Do you think doing another Doctor will be this years attempt to fill a "Doctor lite" Love&Monsters/Blink episode?

been some wild rumours but this one seems a load of rubbish the only logical Doctor for a multi Doctor story is Paul Mcgan.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    been some wild rumours but this one seems a load of rubbish the only logical Doctor for a multi Doctor story is Paul Mcgan.
    Why? Pertwee and Troughton looked older in the 80s specials, but they appeared...

Well today The Sun is reporting it's for a Children in Need special to be written by Moffat.

Could be fun.
    Last edited by Paul Hayes; 21st Aug 2007 at 9:55 AM.

Pip Madeley Guest

Makes a lot of sense to me, I could really see it happening

Why do Who fans always have to be sooo anal/logical?

What's all this w*nk about DaviDson looking too old and "only EcclestonE or MAcGann could still convince as ex-Doctors?? (see clowns on Roobarb's/OG)

All it takes is one pissy little line explaining why the Fifth Doctor now looks like a fat old tosser:

SUN STORY PAUL MENTIONED EARLIER
    http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2...380654,00.html

When did McGann play Doctor Who then? I must have blinked.

This is of course great news, and even more interesting is how Peter Jackson knew?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Default Children in Need special - spoiler

Doctor Who will meet himself in a one-off special for the BBC's Children In Need, the Sun reports.

Peter Davison, who occupied the Tardis from 1982-4 as Doc number five, will appear in the Stephen Moffat-penned episode on 16 November.

An insider told the Sun: "The Doctor is forever travelling though time so there's no reason why he couldn't catch up with a former incarnation. Peter was top of the writer's list to make a comeback."

Beeb bosses are reportedly "tight-lipped" about the storyline, and there is as yet no official confirmation from the corporation
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/21/who_rumour/
    Last edited by SiHart; 21st Aug 2007 at 4:53 PM.
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Why? Pertwee and Troughton looked older in the 80s specials, but they appeared...

would you be saying the same thing if it were Colin Baker..

Does that mean McCoy's white jacket, or what? And surely somebody would have twigged long before now that Peter's not quite as sveldt at 55 as he was at 29.

So the BBC can't afford to make new clothes any more?

I knew my licence fee was being spent on hookers, gin and misleading the public.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    Does that mean McCoy's white jacket, or what? And surely somebody would have twigged long before now that Peter's not quite as sveldt at 55 as he was at 29.
    just as well they did not ask Colin Baker, to try on his old out fit.

Pip Madeley Guest

I hope Davison's not in McCoy's complete costume, that'd just be plain weird.

I can't get the link to work.

Pip Madeley Guest

Working here...

FORMER Doctor Who Peter Davison had to wear Sylvester McCoy’s TV outfit to film a spoof show – as he’s too tubby to fit into his original costume.

Peter, 56 – a slim 30-something when he played the Time Lord from 1981 to 1984 – is reprising his role for a Children In Need special. An insider said: “Peter’s not exactly a fatty, but he’s filled out a bit after 20 years.”

Fortunately the outfit worn by Sylvester fitted. Peter and current Doctor David Tennant join forces on the show on November 19.
    I don't believe it really, Peter Davison's taller than Sylvester McCoy so he'd be too broad to fit his outfit?

Too broad and too deep, in fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Working here...

I don't believe it really, Peter Davison's taller than Sylvester McCoy so he'd be too broad to fit his outfit?
    exactly what I was thinking - the trousers would certainly be to short as well/.

I hope he's dressed like Sarah-Jane from The Five Doctors.

Peter Davison trying to squeeze himself into Sylvester McCoy.

What a delightful image that is.