Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The Catherine Tate will be Great Thread

I'm risking stoning for Doctor Who Heresy by posting this thread but recently I rewatched The Runaway Bride and really enjoyed it. And this has made me come to the conclusion that... (I'm going say it loud and bold)

CATHERINE TATE WILL BE GREAT!

She's funny, mature but strangely niave as well, not afraid to speak her mind and most importantly...not in love with the Doctor. I'm sure theres going to be a bit of disagreement in the TARDIS as well which will make a nice change to the TARDIS love ins of the last few series.
    Whats not to like?

COME ON.. Give Catherine some lovin'. You know you want to! What are you scared of?

Wayne Guest

I liked Martha, but i've never had a problem with Catherine Tate being re-cast as Donna. I like Donna! She's about the best thing about 'The Runaway Bride'.

for Wayne.

Pip Madeley Guest

I too am pleased she's returning, I know Tate's a good actress and she'll do us proud. And she'll be a breath of fresh air after two companions who were both in love with the Doctor...

I love Donna too. I must admit, I was shocked when I first heard she was coming back full time, but I think that was only because I was not expecting it at all!!

I'm pleased to have her back onboard and agree that there will be a completely different dynamic. It will make a difference not having the whole love thing going on.

I think it's good there's going to be someone in the TARDIS who's prepared to argue with the Doctor and be a bit more bolshy than Rose or Martha. I reckons she's going to be great fun to watch, as she's bound to get herself into trouble all the time and wind the Doctor up a bit too. I'm on the yay side!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I think it's the second best thing to having Jackie Tyler in the TARDIS. I mean, that's the dream, but Donna will probably do. Wonder if we get to meet her family?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've been looking forward to Donna's return ever since it was announced - I really think it will give the new series TARDIS team an interesting new dynamic it hasn't had before, and it's good to have an older - the oldest, indeed! - female companion.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I think it's the second best thing to having Jackie Tyler in the TARDIS. I mean, that's the dream, but Donna will probably do. Wonder if we get to meet her family?
    ...again, you mean? Apparently the new DWM states that her parents will be reappearing.

Wow! I'm so far overwhelmed by the the responses to this thread. I thought I might have to lie low for a while and change my name after starting it

well I never had a problem with Catherine. being in the christmas special and she certainly improved as it went on - unlike the proffits of doom over on O.G i always give some one a chance before judging them and i';m pretty confident she'll be ok.

...again, you mean?
    We only saw her parents briefly before, I don't recall that we met them properly at all.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Trudi G Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I think it's good there's going to be someone in the TARDIS who's prepared to argue with the Doctor and be a bit more bolshy than Rose or Martha. I reckons she's going to be great fun to watch, as she's bound to get herself into trouble all the time and wind the Doctor up a bit too. I'm on the yay side!

Si xx
    You've taken the words right outta my mouth, lol!

I liked Donna and think she'll be great full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    We only saw her parents briefly before, I don't recall that we met them properly at all.
    No, they definitely had lines.

Maybe - just maybe - we'll be spared the word "ballsy" whenever the new companion is talked about in the media. Rose was "ballsy", Martha was "ballsy" and even BBC7's Lucie was "ballsy".

God I hate the word "ballsy".

If Catherine Tate can reach our screens in March without being referred to as "ballsy" then I'm all for her.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Catherine Tate will be mince because she's too frumpy!

Daily Star Guff

She looks all right in that photo!
    Better than the Quasimodo alike that writes the column.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Better than the Quasimodo alike that writes the column.
    Paul's got a point!

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Maybe - just maybe - we'll be spared the word "ballsy" whenever the new companion is talked about in the media. Rose was "ballsy", Martha was "ballsy" and even BBC7's Lucie was "ballsy".

God I hate the word "ballsy".

If Catherine Tate can reach our screens in March without being referred to as "ballsy" then I'm all for her.
    well at least John Barrowman, was reffered to as being ballsy..

Catherine Tate is RSC trained. Nuff said. A throwback to the Polly's and I can't wait!

Like Polly, eh?

"Why don't you make them all some coffee, Donna, while I think."
    "Get stuffed, Doctor! You can make your own bloomin' coffee!"

Yeah, it'll be great!

After watching the brief clips in the Season Four trailer, and having just seen 'The Runaway Bride' for the first time since last year, I have to say... I'm now really looking forward to seeing Catherine return as Donna!

I agree. That bloody Production Team - they have a habit of making obviously awful decisions that turn out somehow to be brilliantly right ones after all.

Si.

There was something for everyone in her Christmas special the other day...Tom Ellis (is it?) from "Last of the Time Lords" in speedos, his real life girlfriend Tamsin Outwaite, George "Antony Ainley" Michael and Dame Kelly Bright herself.

Oh to be the pigs in those blankets.