Default Your dream episode or your nightmare scenario.

Who or what would you like to see in the next series of Who? Is there another old adversary you think deserves another chance against the Doctor?
    Who or what would you hate to see in the next series of Who? Would seeing The Master or The Rani make you switch off the tv?

Let your dreams/nightmares loose!
    Arisia Corporate President
    Assistant DivHead - Events, Arisia 2011

I would actually like to see the Krillitanes again - I know they're hardly an old adversary, but they showed great potential!

As for original series monsters... I'd quite like to see the Zygons

As for who I wouldn't like to see back... I'll have to come back to you on that one. I think that The Master could work, but they'd have to be very careful about how they do it!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

The only old series monster I would like to see return are the Terileptils. I would prefer the new series to create their own iconic enemies than rely on those of the past. As it stands, I don't think they've done that enough yet.

Here I go...

My only idea for a 10th Doctor story relies on a line from The Unquiet Dead... "... I dumped boxes at the Boston Tea Party, and now I'm going to die in a dungeon, in Cardiff!"
    This is the basis for bringing the Eighth Doctor back to tv Who. He will be running around Boston in the late 18th century, companionless.
    #10 and Martha are headed to Boston so the Doctor can introduce med student Martha to an old friend of his at Harvard Medical School in the late 20th century.
    As often happens with the TARDIS, they end up a couple centuries off. Still they decide to check out Colonial Boston, until they end up confronted with the wrong TARDIS. #10 realizes what evening it is: December 16, 1773 and he tries to get Martha back to 'their' TARDIS without interrupting #8's mission or even coming in contact with him at all.
    There would be parallel action scenes of course, and moments where #8 would enter a street where #10 and Martha had just exited the other end of, that kind of thing.
    So it wouldn't really be a multi-Doctor story in the usual way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisia View Post
    Here I go...

My only idea for a 10th Doctor story relies on a line from The Unquiet Dead... "... I dumped boxes at the Boston Tea Party, and now I'm going to die in a dungeon, in Cardiff!"
    This is the basis for bringing the Eighth Doctor back to tv Who. He will be running around Boston in the late 18th century, companionless.
    #10 and Martha are headed to Boston so the Doctor can introduce med student Martha to an old friend of his at Harvard Medical School in the late 20th century.
    As often happens with the TARDIS, they end up a couple centuries off. Still they decide to check out Colonial Boston, until they end up confronted with the wrong TARDIS. #10 realizes what evening it is: December 16, 1773 and he tries to get Martha back to 'their' TARDIS without interrupting #8's mission or even coming in contact with him at all.
    There would be parallel action scenes of course, and moments where #8 would enter a street where #10 and Martha had just exited the other end of, that kind of thing.
    So it wouldn't really be a multi-Doctor story in the usual way.
    I wouldn't mind a story like that as long as they stay fairly historically correct and have characters in it like Paul Revere, Dr Warren and Sam Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    I wouldn't mind a story like that as long as they stay fairly historically correct and have characters in it like Paul Revere, Dr Warren and Sam Adams.
    Has there ever been a Who story set within the American Colonial period, books and audios included?

*quaffs a Sam Adams Boston Lager as she waits*

Quote Originally Posted by Arisia View Post
    Has there ever been a Who story set within the American Colonial period, books and audios included?

*quaffs a Sam Adams Boston Lager as she waits*
    Not that I'm aware of. There is a Civil War Telos Novella, but nothing based around the colonial era. Shame really, as after the Civil War, that's my favourite historical era.

Now i'm no lover of multi Doctor stories but I'd love to see an epic 2 or 3 part story that is set in the last days of the Time War so we can find out why and how Gallifrey was destroyed. It would feature the prescent Doctor, and a battle scared 8th Doctor who i've all ways assumed as the most likely one who was involved.

I would not have the two Doctor's ever meating but The 8th Doctor, would only be featured in flash backs but the story would mostly be based around him. For me this would also be a perfect way of giving Paul Mcgan some more screen time and allow the Daleks, to return with out the problem of explaining how they have appeared agian.

Oooo gawd no! The last things I'd want to see in the new series are the Time War and Paul McGann! All the new fans would be asking who the imposter was and everyone else would just find it dull. It would just be an exercise in joining the dots, but worse than that it would take the show backwards. If anything, they should be pushing out with more direction next year, more mythology such as Bad Wolf and Torchwood.

The reason the Time War is great is a great concept is because we haven't seen it, just it's aftermath.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Oooo gawd no! The last things I'd want to see in the new series are the Time War and Paul McGann! All the new fans would be asking who the imposter was and everyone else would just find it dull. It would just be an exercise in joining the dots, but worse than that it would take the show backwards. If anything, they should be pushing out with more direction next year, more mythology such as Bad Wolf and Torchwood.

The reason the Time War is great is a great concept is because we haven't seen it, just it's aftermath.
    With you there.

I heartily agree. I also love we get little tidbits of information on the war each series, references to battles and such. And we're still not really sure what exactly went on.

I agree with the agreement and the hearty agreement!

I wouldn't really like to see the Master back - to make him a real character in the new-style series they'd have to give him so much new depth, and backstory, and a new slant, that they might just as well start from scratch with a brand-new renegade Timelord.

I don't, personally, think they need to keep bringing back old elements - although as a fan I enjoy it when they do, there's only a certain number of old enemies that the general public really remember, and if they don't know it's a returning foe then why bother?

Having said that, I think the Sontarans are the obvious contenders, as when written well they are quite an interesting race, plus they could look marvellous nowadays. Lynx looked stunningly real in The Time Warrior, but they looked less and less like real creatures, and more and more like men in masks with each subsequent story after that.

My nightmare scenario would be for someone to take over from RTD and undo some of what appear to be the staple stands he has made. I wouldn't want to see Gallifrey or the Time Lords come back. The way the Time War has been dealt with has brought a little bit of mystique back to the Doctor's character, as has little snippets of information such as the Doctor having a child. This has brought with it some much needed mystery, and I hope they don't try to unravel it. The Doctor should be, at least in part, a bit of an enigma.

Possibly both a dream and a nightmare would be an episode written by me, with the return of Professor Zaroff, and including giant wombats.

so my idea's not very popular then ..

how about a story that sees the return of The Dominators and quarks,,

the return of The Dominators and quarks,,
    Rock On!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Rock On!

and their shoulder pads to..

Galaxy Five, in which Maaga 69 and her army of clones tries to invade the Rill planet and take it over.

And the good thing about this is that with modern technology being what it is, Maaga 69 and her clones can all be played by the same actress. So they will look identical.

(Posted it the right place, this time... )

transvamp Guest

Dream Episode: One without any pop culture references or relationship discussions between the Doctor and companion.

Nightmare Scenario: A story where there's big invasion spectacles, a la Christmas Invasion or Doomsday but the story is so dwarfed by Rose's sobathon or domestic rubbish that I end up not caring and it all ceases to be a series about seeing beyond our comfy world and becomes self-involved chick flick nonsense..... oh dear, too late!

Wayne Guest

I like Larry's idea!

Dream Ep: The 9th Doctor wakes up in the shower to found that everything from his regeneration into the 10th Doctor onwards was just a dream.

Nightmare Ep: The New Series does 'Once More With Feeling', or a re-working of 'The Pirates'.

Would love to see a classic monster such as The Zygons return.

Would hate to see Love and Monsters sequel/prequel.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?