Default The Daily Star say the New Doctor will be......

Harry Lloyd, who played Bains in the Human Nature/The Family of Blood. According to The Daily Star, Russell T Davis things he would be just great in the role. What a load of old rubbish.

Pip Madeley Guest

I thought he was absolutely terrific as Baines, actually. One of the most memorable guest characters in the New Series so far. It would certainly be interesting to have a young Doctor, although I doubt that the story is true.

He was born in 1983 apparently. He'd even beat Peter Davison's record as the youngest at time of casting if it were true.

Don't remember which one he is, but if he's already one of RTD's little repertory company then I wouldn't be TOO doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky74 View Post
    Harry Lloyd, who played Bains in the Human Nature/The Family of Blood. According to The Daily Star, Russell T Davis things he would be just great in the role. What a load of old rubbish.
    Actually, in this months DWM p18-19 RTD says about Human Nature/ Family of Blood
    Oh, and how good is Harry Lloyd in those episodes ? After his audition, I sent a note to (casting director) Andy Prior saying 'He's not just good for Baines; that's the next Doctor. Seriously. He's so brilliant"
    I think its encouraging that it looks like someone from the Daily Star can actually read (unless they've got a pet fan who reads DWM to them each month)
    Bazinga !

Say he did get cast as the Doctor...how long do you think it would be before some fans started speculating as to whether "Son of Mine/Baines" had escaped and possessed/bonded with/tried to take over the Doctor?

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky74 View Post
    Dont remember him too well - all I can think about is a pair of glasses and a smile ...

He was great as Baines, best villain in the new series. But I can't see him as the Doctor.

Harry LLoyd was fantastic and his performance as Bains is one of the best we have seen since the series came back but the fact he played such a prominent character makes this Next Doctor rumour a non starter (for the moment) . He certainly could not play the next Doctor, but If the series lasts into a 12 Doctor, I see no reason why he could not do it then.

I don't know how seriously Davies might be considering him, but I don't think his appearing in a story this year would automatically disqualify him, if they were keen enough to have him on board, especially as any change of Doctor would have to be at least a year after that aired.