Thread: Tennis

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    I'm tempted to stay up.

You might not be up for long...

it could all be over in under an hour!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    I'm tempted to stay up.
    If you're watching womens tennis you'll stay up, I've no doubt.

I did watch about five minutes, but fell asleep - not even Maria Sharapova and Ana Ivanovic can ward off the ravages of perv-fatigue.

Well done, though, to Mazza for her straight sets victory.

Bless.

You do surprise me. So five minutes is enough time for you to succumb to perv'-fatigue is it?
    Your wrist must of been thankful of the rest.

Novak Djokovic takes it!

He beat Tsonga 4-6 6-4 6-3 7-6 (7-2) and becomes the first Serb to win a Grand Slam singles title.

Djokovic is rapidly getting himself a reputation for gamesmanship. All this bouncing the ball 13 - 17 times before he serves & getting the trainer on before Tsonga's service was rather wearing to watch let alone play against.

I'm not saying he didn't deserve to win but it certainly took the shine off what should have been a brilliant weekend for him.

World number one Justine Henin has announced her retirement with immediate effect at just the age of 25.She won 3 of the four Grand Slams and contested Wimbledon twice...

I'm not a big fan of her as a person but as a tennis player when she was inform she was virtually unbeatable...

I thought she was much older than that. Has she retired through injury, or becasue she probably doesn't have to work ever again!?

She married recently didn't she? May be she wants kids?

There's rumours of burnout,too much money and not enough of a desire to win anymore-she felt she achieved all she could

Obviously winning Wimbledon didn't matter to her

I know she had appeared in the final, but I always thought she had won Wimbledon at least once. I think my Justine Henin knowledge is lacking!!

Incidentally, when does this year's tournament begin?

Just as soon as Wimbledon starts getting rained on.

its French Open time next week so Wimbledon should be in abt a month,we usually get Queens then Eastbourne after it

Murray is through to the 2nd round of the French Open.

The womens side is wide open at Roland Garros,Sharapova,Venus and Serena are all out,so all eyes will be on Ivanovic who is looking indomitable

Its Jankovic v Ivanovic and Kuznetsova v Comeback kid Safina in the semis tomorrow

Jankovic v Ivanovic was worth a watch, but I didn't watch with the final.

Men's final was too predictable to even bother with.

The women's final was competitive but ultimately not good tennis,a good win for Ivanovic and plenty of shocks from Safina

As for the mens final Federer was demolished,his semi final against Monfils was far more enjoyable

After Nadal winning Queen's/pumping Federer at Roland Garros and Agnieszka Radwanska winning in Eastbourne yesterday...

IT'S WIMBLEDON TIME AGAIN!

Oh, praise be!

We're already into the second round and the biggest "shock" so far is Marit Safin knocking out number three seed Novak Djokovic. But why are they so shocked when Safin is a former world number one!?

Elsewhere...

Ivanavic edges Dechy in 6-7 (2-7) 7-6 (7-3) 10-8 in an epic thriller, saving two match points along the way, and half of the usual suspects (Federer, Hewitt, Williams, Maursemo, Baghdatis, Ferrer, Chakvetadze, Bartoli, Kuznetsova) are already safely into the next round.

British interest...

Great first round wins for Elena Baltacha (before she was pumped in round two yesterday), Keothavong and Craig Eaton!!

Moaning-faced Murray is still in there, but could face a tricky match against Malisse later today.

Another big shocker!!

Austria's Tamira Paszek was knocked out in the first round and Tudor won't get a chance to see if she repeats her Australian Open "performance" from earlier this year:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...agination.html

Teenage tennis players these days!! I don't remember Seles and Capriati wearing stuff like that!

We're already into the second round and the biggest "shock" so far is Marit Safin knocking out number three seed Novak Djokovic. But why are they so shocked when Safin is a former world number one!?
    Because Safin is inconsistent and was never a grass court player so never did particularly well at Wimbledon.

Djokovic ain't much better on grass. Last year's semi was the only time (in four attempts) he's made it to week two at Wimbledon.

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Nice action there.

Sharapova's gone!