Default The Polyphonic Spree

This band were on Jonathan Ross' show the other night, and they were fantastic. Based in Dallas, the 27 members(!) of the symphonic rock group, are comprised of singers, choirists and muscians. Their new single Running Away, was incredibly euphoric and exuberant. It's from their latest album Fragile Army, which I'm going to investigate.
    Is anyone else familiar with them?

Official site.
    Official UK site.

I was a big fan for a few months during 2003 - when 'Hanging Around' and 'Light and Day/Reach For the Sun' could be heard everywhere.

The Beginning Stages of... is an excellent debut album.

Didn't bother with Together We're Heavy.

They are absolutely brilliant and you should check them out Darren. And if you have a chance, see them live. They're fantastic.
    Ignore Milky. His favourite track of The Beginning Stages was probably track 10

Track 10 is too long/wide.

I got the first album, meant to get their second, but kind of lost interest. They are rather fantastic, but the remixes of their songs (especially Soldier Girl) are generally better than the album versions!

I keep expecting to meet them in Sainsbury's, helping Jamie Oliver pushing the trollies around.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I've seen them twice and love them live, they just seem so happy to be doing what they're doing and it really spreads in to the audience - the last time I caught them was at the Camden Koko where the crowd's notoriously unsociable, but everyone there was really friendly for once. For the finale they came in to the audience to sing (all 27 of them!), and it was just superb.

They've never quite captured the magic of their live performances on cd imo, though I do really like their albums - the first two anyhow, I've yet to get the third.

Erm, anyway, yes, they're lovely, and everyone really should catch them live because it's just a brilliant night out.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I've completed my first listen, and it''s prety good. I'll have to lidtern again a few times.