Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

You should get yourself a Macro Master.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Pip Madeley Guest

In 2008, I'm hoping we'll get Terror Of The Zygons
    I'm happy with my Laserdisc-quality version till then

Captain Tancredi Guest

I wouldn't be surprised to see 'The Invasion of Time' fairly soon, given the potential for a Sontaran set- policy seems to be changing so as to produce box sets which give new fans an easy 'in' to the original series, and big monster/villain sets look like being part of that.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    I'm happy with my Laserdisc-quality version till then
    Me too.

Pip Madeley Guest

I bet you're happier with your Day Of The Daleks Laserdisc copy though.

Wayne Guest

Indeed. Although Zygons has always been a big fave. Perhaps even more so than 'Day'. *shock horror!

Pip Madeley Guest

Wayne in FFS! Frikkin Crap Dalek Voices Raped My Childhood! LETTS MUST DIE! shocker.

Wayne Guest

They sound especially poor after hearing Si Hart's discovery of a few months ago.

This guy's got Skelton off to a tee!

Pip Madeley Guest

That guy (Robert Ritchie) has got many talents - I loved his 'colour Hartnell titles' here

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    In 2008, I'm hoping we'll get Terror Of The Zygons, Snakedance & Invasion Of The Dinosaurs......as I can't back them up to dvd because of the Macrovision protection!
    I'd not be at all supprised to see Snakedance released alongside Kinda, in a box set as for Invasion of the Dinosaurs, I suspect the Black n White, episode 1 will probably mean it will be a while before we see it released.

But Terror of the Zygons, is a huge yes for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    You should get yourself a Macro Master.
    I did, it didn't work. A waste of Ł20.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Rumours start to grow for next year.........here are some I think we will get.....

January - Reptiles Boxset (Silurians/Sea Devils/Warriors)

March - Revenge of the Cybermen/Terror of the Zygons (Double Pack)

And then after that at some point perhaps.....

The Five Doctors
    The Krotons
    Time Meddler/The Chase
    Silver Nemesis
    Terror of the Autons/Daemons/ or Planet of the Spiders
    E-Space Trilogy
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I'm sad that "Trial" seems to have dropped off the rumour radar then...

Si.

The Krotons seems a good bet after seeing the highly impressive vidfired clips on the Phillip Madoc doc last night. Hines/ Padders/ Madoc commentary perhaps?

It would be a shame about Trial, as that would be a really fantastic set.

The E-Space Trilogy would make me very happy though!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It's hard to tell about Trial & the rumour mill, it seems to have constantly been on there for years now, perenially thought to be (by many) the "January boxset".....

I wouldn't be surprised to see that too, certain RT members (Ed Stradling) often seem keen to work on it, as the potential for extras/documetaries etc is vast. I mean, the next option for a CB release is either that, Twin Dilemma or Attack. Attack is a funny one, it'd complete a season, but then if the rumour of Revenge is correct, and Silver Nemesis being in it's anniversary year, it seems a less likely bet. Could happen though.

Steve Roberts commented thusly on a Revenge/Terror twin pack:

Well, that's news to me! Seems an odd and unlikely pairing to me. Both are quality stories that are more than capable of standing on their own two feet. It's not like there's a weak one that would benefit from the support of a stronger one.

Has he never seen 'Revenge' then?

The Krotons seems a good bet after seeing the highly impressive vidfired clips on the Phillip Madoc doc last night.
    But then, we got a vidfired clip of that on a DVD about five years ago! I remember creaming my knick-knacks over it even then.

I'm desperate for them to get a move on and tackle "Shada" before time dies. He needs to record all the dialogue first so one day it can be animated!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew T View Post
    Steve Roberts commented thusly on a Revenge/Terror twin pack:
    Well, that's news to me! Seems an odd and unlikely pairing to me. Both are quality stories that are more than capable of standing on their own two feet. It's not like there's a weak one that would benefit from the support of a stronger one.
    I'm glad he said that because that's the only one on that list that I have a problem with. Why should they be a twin pack? What links them? And I'm not convinced by The Five Doctors either. Other than that, I'm fine with any of them.

What links them? The Brigadier's call for help via The Time-Space Telegraph at the end of Revenge, leading to the Doctor's return to Earth, I'd have thought...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I know a boy who shall be nameless likes it, but aside from being picked as an early video release (and thus becoming now nostalgic for most twenty-somethings) and being the only Tom to feature the Cyb's, "Revenge" hasn't got much going for it, IMO. It seems to have aquired 'quite good' status by virtue of a number of circumstantial factors and because most things round it are good. So I say!

What I mean is, I don't see why it's obvious it should be a standalone DVD and not part of a set.

Si.

Si Hart speaks the truth.

And by the sound of things, Dan Hall (2|e) is the person who decides on whether they'd go together in a double pack, not Steve Roberts.

And I'm not convinced by The Five Doctors either.
    I'm certain on that one for the following reasons.....

1. It'll be the story's 25th anniversary.

2. Carole Ann Ford has said that she's recently recorded a commentary/interview for it.

3. It was the range's biggest seller until very recently, for good reasons. Now with so many more people buying the classic dvds in the current climate, it makes perfect sense to bring it out now.

Although don't you get the impression they're getting all the rubbish ones out now, when ANYTHING will sell lots, so that if the sales ever bomb they can get out the decent stories to help...

Si.

Well, you might get that impression if you read to many "fan" sites.....

I honestly don't think so though. You might argue that from a story point of view some have been "weak", but title-wise I wouldn't agree.....

New Beginnings - Last TB, Regeneration story, and an AMAZING amount of extras.

Survival - Last ever 'classic' story, The Master, and again an amazing amount of extras.

Robot - First ever TB, regeneration story, UNIT/SJS (very popular combo).

Timelash - Well, I'll give you that one, but it was a budget release.

Timeflight/Arc - Maybe a bit of a 'Meh' one.........but Gallifrey, The Master, Colin Baker....

Time Warrior - Sontarans, first SJS, episodic for the first time etc..

Key To Time - A whole season, first themed season, an even more amazing set of extras.....

Planet Of Evil - It's a Tom.....plus SJS.....

Destiny - Daleks, need I say more?

So perhaps you could say Timelash, Planet and possibly TF/AoI are 'weak', but I've seen the former & lattermost mostly praised on sites, after months of fan-bitching about them coming out at all. Otherwise a very strong list, IMO.

Well you could list any story and pick a 'selling point' (especially if you're allowed to simply say "It's a Tom!" to disprove me) but surely few would argue that hitting us with "Robot", "Timelash", "Arc" and "Timeflight" in the space of three months was an unprovoced assault on the values of decent Who.

Si.