Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Well they all have to come out sometime, don't they? And Steve Roberts recent comments about Timelash's sales confirms that even the one we think are crap are selling better than the classics released a few years.

I'm really not bothered by the order. Yes, we all have stories we love and stories we hate, but I really can't get heated about the release order or having a few clunkers in a row. Besides which, we all disgree about what's good and bad anyway, so whatever comes out, someone will love it or hate it.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Well you could list any story and pick a 'selling point' (especially if you're allowed to simply say "It's a Tom!" to disprove me) but surely few would argue that hitting us with "Robot", "Timelash", "Arc" and "Timeflight" in the space of three months was an unprovoced assault on the values of decent Who.

Si.
    I wasn't trying to disprove you, just disagreeing with you.

Let's be really honest here, there's only about 12, at a push, "decent" stories left to release. (and about 60+ rubbish ones)

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Let's be really honest here, there's only about 12, at a push, "decent" stories left to release. (and about 60+ rubbish ones)
    Hmm - I reckon the inverse is true, that there are still lots of enjoyable stories to be released and a few that aren't quite so good! Even the ones that are 'rubbish' are pretty enjoyable by general TV standards.

In any case, I've found the documentaries and bonus content worthwhile, even on less exciting releases like Timeflight and The Visitation.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Rumours start to grow for next year.........here are some I think we will get.....

January - Reptiles Boxset (Silurians/Sea Devils/Warriors)

March - Revenge of the Cybermen/Terror of the Zygons (Double Pack)

And then after that at some point perhaps.....

The Five Doctors
    The Krotons
    Time Meddler/The Chase
    Silver Nemesis
    Terror of the Autons/Daemons/ or Planet of the Spiders
    E-Space Trilogy
    well if that turnes out to be the line up for next year i'd be more than happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Besides which, we all disgree about what's good and bad anyway, so whatever comes out, someone will love it or hate it.

Si xx
    well Si, you and me certainly disagree about the fantastic release Planet of Evil, due out next month.

Yes Larry, that wretched story next month certainly divides opinion.

Si xx

Just spotted this over on OG.....
    Apparently this week a crew have been filming at Gladstone Pottery Museum in Stoke for a 'Then and Now' feature on the forthcoming TRIAL OF A TIME LORD DVD. Another boxed set for 2008 methinks.
    Let's hope Linda Bellingham is available for a commentary!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

if TOATL, is released next year I would expect just like KTT it will be arounf September time again .

Why wouldn't it be around January time, like "New Beginnings"?

Si.

Why wouldn't it be around January time, like "New Beginnings"?

Si.
    Because that's when the Silurians/Sea Devils/Warriors set is coming out. Or did you mean January 2009?

My point was that he seemed to be saying it would likely be September, because another box set came out that time this year.... but really there've been box sets at all different times of the year...

Anyway, I didn't think The Eocenes Box Set had been confirmed? Do we have any evidence it is January? Last month it was "Trial" earmarked for January, it seems to change depending on the latest rumour circulating.

Si.

Perhaps the fact that Destiny has the coming soon trailer for it confirms it'll be next, ie January?

Si xx

The Eocenes Box Set is an awesome title.

Perhaps the fact that Destiny has the coming soon trailer for it confirms it'll be next, ie January?
    Does it? Excellent! I didn't know that! Here's hoping "Trial" will be March or July or something then!

Si.

Does it? Excellent! I didn't know that! Here's hoping "Trial" will be March or July or something then!

Si.

think if Trial dose come out next year I think March would be unlikely due to the Silurian/Sea Devil box set being released in January so I would think a release around September time as they did with KTT would seem most likely.

A little titbit of info from Biggers on the RT forum talking about the 'Now & then' features....
    That said, if you like the Now & Thens, there are a few more coming up. One is completed for a title early next year, another is 3/4 done, whilst two others have just finished shooting this week!

Richard

Pip Madeley Guest

So it definitely sounds like there's a Trial box set coming up!

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    So it definitely sounds like there's a Trial box set coming up!
    I just hope they ditch that dreary theme tune and replace it with the one used in season 22.

Pip Madeley Guest

I rather like the Dominic Glynn opening theme. Not so much the closing theme though, it loses a lot of the moodiness.

They won't replace anything if it was there on original transmission.

Captain Tancredi Guest

To be very pernickety, the Gladstone Pottery Museum is in Longton, not Stoke. People tend to use "Stoke" to mean the Potteries, but the area is made up of middle-sized towns of which Stoke is probably the best-known, but in many ways the hub is Hanley and Port Vale Football Club are from Burslem. In the days of the traditional pottery industry, each town had its speciality.

On the new Big Finish Magazine Colin Baker states he's due to record a commentary for Attack Of The Cybermen

Pip Madeley Guest

If Trial and Attack are in the works, that'll just leave Twin Dilemma unreleased from his era.

I sense that one will be out soonish then, as they'll be itching to make The Colin Baker Years box set.

Si.

I suspect it will be Attack of the Cybermen thus completing a season,enabling season 22 to be released as a boxset