Page 1 of 30 1234511 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default 2009 Confirmed and Rumoured Releases

We know all about this year, but what of next? This from Roobarbs:

At the risk of name dropping......

Bumped into Peter Miles today <clang> outside the Stamp Centre for the Tom Baker <clang> and Derek Jacobi <clang> signing, and he was happy to report that he's just recorded a commentary track for the Silurians, which he says is due for release as a double-pack with the Sea Devils in 2008. I think he said the commentary track featured himself, Terrance Dicks, Barry Letts and Nic Courtney.

One down, several more 2008 releases to guess.......
    I'm sure Wayne and Ralph would look forward to that release.

Does this mean they're turning up in the new series then?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Who? Peter, Terrance, Barry and Nick? Fabarooni!

I refuse to buy this themed release unless they include Warriors of the Deep - if it was good enough for the audio tin...

Pip Madeley Guest

I refuse to buy this themed release unless they include Warriors of the Deep - if it was good enough for the audio tin...
    I'm hoping Warriors is a cheap 'special value' release, personally! The prospect of RSCed Sea Devils and recolourised Silurians on DVD is mouthwatering stuff.

Wayne Guest

I'd prefer they release them seperately. Chronological box sets: Yes. Themed box sets: No.
    But obviously i'd still buy it if it does come out that way.

I'm not bothered about out of sequence boxsets, I don't keep them in the boxes once I've got them anyways.

Mine are all hidden in boxes/cupboards. Ran out of shelf space about 2002.

Bah! Andrew and I knew about this ages ago, him being musical acquantance of Monsieur Miles!

And I did mention it on PS ages ago too!

not a big fan of The Sea Devils, but The Silurians is ok..

Over on his blogg, Colin Baker said he and Terry Molloy had done some in-visuals for Attack of the Cybermen....

Yay! I'd love those two to come out surprisingly enough!

The Sea Devils and Silurians - not fussed about being in one set so I agree with Wayne there but I certainly welcome the release of two of my fave stories!!

The Sea Devils is truly Ralph heaven of the highest order!

The Silurians/Sea Devils thing is due around April/May isn't it? I am lead to believe that Sir Colin's epic is due to drop like a whore's drawers in January too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hex View Post
    Over on his blogg, Colin Baker said he and Terry Molloy had done some in-visuals for Attack of the Cybermen....
    These "actors" keep dropping hints about doing "in-vision" commentaries, yet none of them ever appear, and the RT claim they don't do or plan to do any.

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I suspect they video record every commentary being recorded because... well, you would really wouldn't you? They couldn't use any of them because it would effectively double the amount of visual material required on the disc (as I understand the technology works) but I expect they enjoy watching them back at RT towers, as a gleeful little "perk".

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by P-Bal View Post
    ? I am lead to believe that Sir Colin's epic is due to drop like a whore's drawers in January too.
    oh please not Trial of a Time Lord..

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    These "actors" keep dropping hints about doing "in-vision" commentaries, yet none of them ever appear, and the RT claim they don't do or plan to do any.

I think 'in-vision' means things for the camera, ie interviews, not necessarily in-vision commentaries....

I think the problem is that these actors have recorded these interviews but as Steve Roberts, has said they have been recorded because a paticular actor is available at the time and not because there are any plans to release that story they are talking about onto DVD any time soon.

I would not be at all supprised if there is a whole stack of interview footage that has been pre -recorded for various stories and just stitting on a shelf some where waiting for the green light to release that story.

I still think Si Hunt is right.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Captain Tancredi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    I suspect they video record every commentary being recorded because... well, you would really wouldn't you? They couldn't use any of them because it would effectively double the amount of visual material required on the disc (as I understand the technology works) but I expect they enjoy watching them back at RT towers, as a gleeful little "perk".

Si.
    I'd like to see Peter Miles jumping up on the table and ranting as he records the commentary on his death scene in 'Silurians'.

A project of this size might also explain why things have been quiet on the Pertwee front lately. I suspect that 'Warriors' will follow in due course- wouldn't surprise me if the release strategy for the JNT-era stories hasn't had to be tinkered with once his personal collection came to light.

It wouldn't surprise me if we got a bevvy of Pertwee sets next year...

Quote Originally Posted by P-Bal View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me if we got a bevvy of Pertwee sets next year...
    and about time too..

It wouldn't surprise me if we got a McCoy, 2 Davisons, Trial of A Timelord, 3 Tom Baker stories and a Hartnell next year
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I think we might get a Hurndall too.......

My hopes are pinned on a Barbara Benedetti.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I think we might get a Hurndall too.......
    And very probably a Tennant or five.