Thread: X-Factor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Factor

Five becomes four as Eton Road leave the show. Ben being in the bottom two was a bit of a surprise, and you have to wonder whether some of it was a backlash to the fixing claims in The Sun and the reports that Ben was set to quit because he felt Leona was being groomed for winning.

Ray has surprised me by getting this far, but astoundingly, the MacDonald Brothers are still there and haven't been in the bottom two yet. The X-Tra Factor has just has a poll in whether the MacDonald Brothers could win the whole thing, though. 66% of the publiv who voted said no, so that could suggest that they may be the next to go.

Trudi G Guest

I really can't understand how the Macdonald brothers have got this far - or Ray. I think the only real contenders are Leona and Ben, and if there's any other two in the final i really don't know what's wrong with the people who are voting.

The fact that Eton Road have been promised a recording contract by Louis rather makes a mockery of the whole contest. I mean, what's the point of winning now? I don't think I'll be bothering to watch this again next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    The fact that Eton Road have been promised a recording contract by Louis rather makes a mockery of the whole contest. I mean, what's the point of winning now? I don't think I'll be bothering to watch this again next year.
    That's not unusual, though; losing acts in all the previous X-Factors and Pop Idol, and Pop Stars have all been given recording contracts. With some promised deals before the contest ends win or lose.

Off the top of my head: Darius, Will Young, Javine, Liberty X, Rik Waller. All losers, yet all have (or had) recording contracts...

I thought this was going to be the last X-Factor, though, and that it was being replaced with a UK version of "America's Got Talent"?

OMG!! why was SHRN cyin? cowell is a fat necked tit. did u see what Louis did?? FFS!!!

Ray Munster 2 win!

Eton C*ck can GTF!! i bet they luv to have their dinkies sucked by Louis!! Leona is such a ***** - get rid!!

Ben 4eva

Quote Originally Posted by Fatso the wombat View Post
    I thought this was going to be the last X-Factor, though, and that it was being replaced with a UK version of "America's Got Talent"?

Britian's Got Talent is meant to be on early next year. Looks like Dancing On Ice is back for a longer run in Janaury... so Britain's Got Talent might end up going out opposite Doctor Who in the Spring.

My mum loves the MaccyDs and that screeching **** with the mullett.

According to the papers, Kate Thornton may not be presenting the X-Factor next year. I wonder who'll do it instead?

I'm not a big fan of the show, but Ben is the best singer from what I've seen and win or not, he'll more than likely get some sort of record deal. As for the Macdonald brothers.......

What posessed the producers of X-Factor to have a Barry Manilw night? Dear God, it's making me lose the will to watch.

Manilow appeals to the middle-aged women who make up about 30-40% of The X-Factor audience.

At least those gimpish MaccyD ***** are finally out. They come from just down the road. I might go and firebomb their house when they're home for Christmas!

Surely they won't announce who goes out until later tonight?

Si.

Trudi G Guest

Thank **** the McDonald Brothers are out....now to get rid of Ray....

The MacDonald Brothers are out. So, the semi-final line up is Ray, Ben and Leona. I'm surprised Ray got this far but pleased nontheless.

Pip Madeley Guest

I don't know anything about this years X-Factor, but Trudi is pleased that Old MacDonald and his brother are out, so I'm pleased too.

*shuts the door on way out*

We switched it off about half way through. It's an utter waste of time. The audition stages are good fun but the show is so pointless. All that happens is the winner nabs the christmas number one with a rent-a-ballad, usually left over from someone else's album and then releases an album of covers a few months later and then that's it. It's just a joke, there's no thought or effort put in and I just feel sorry for the contestants who won't get any real career out of it.

All that happens is the winner nabs the christmas number one with a rent-a-ballad, usually left over from someone else's album and then releases an album of covers a few months later and then that's it. It's just a joke, there's no thought or effort put in and I just feel sorry for the contestants who won't get any real career out of it.
    Well that certainly seems to be true of last years winner Shayne Ward. After a number 1 hit, he followed it up with a number 2 a few months later and then a number 14. and nothing since then. Not the sign of a long lasting career, certainly.

It happened with Steve Brookstein and Michelle MacManus as well and I know she was "Pop Idol" rather than "X Factor" but it's the same thing. Everyone knows Will Young and Girls Aloud are the exception to the rules and the reason for that is that someone had a career plan for Girls Aloud at least in terms of the music they would make, modern, sassy pop rather than dreary covers, even though they've done several. I assume that Will had some involvement in the direction and writing of his vastly superior second and third albums which saw him move away from the idenkit ballads and obvious covers.

You just get the feeling that they don't care what they do with the winners now. Louis Walsh is apparantly saying Shayne Ward's new material will be massive but will people still care when there's a more recent winner doing the rounds?

The Care In The Community Karaoke segment just before 8pm was the highlight of the series for me. Probably slightly funnier than watching a real Michael Jackson performance.

Ray 2 WIN!!

Barlow's breasts are almost as big as Cowell's!!

I loved the bit where the woman either forgot her lines or didn't realise it was her turn to contribute. I think she was Edna's daughter, wasn't she?!

That Christmas number one sounds ******* ****.

Trudi G Guest

Especially with Ray singing it.

The finalists have had the individuality/unquieness/interestingness sucked out of them. All that voting has just produced something so sanitised, so safe, so comprised, as to be utterly uninteresting.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

The thing I hate about X-Factor is that of all the money made from the show, nothing goes to charity, it's just a big money making exercise.

Simon Cowell won't care about Ray or Leona in a year's time, he'll be looking for the next here today, gone tomorrow act and make money from them.

Trudi G Guest

Yay, the East London Chick wins!!!!

Pip Madeley Guest

Ray won?

Ray Swings With Cowell will be "the must have album" for Mother's Day.

Did they mention Ward or Brookstein during the final?
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 16th Dec 2006 at 10:37 PM.