Default Holy Jelly Babies!

A congregation are to be invited to compare a Time Lord with the Lord of Time at a special Dr Who-themed church service, it was disclosed today.

Teenagers and young people in their early 20s are being targeted for the "cafe-style" Communion service, with music and video clips from the hit series, at St Paul's Church in Grangetown, Cardiff.

The Anglican church was used as a location two years ago for an episode of the series starring Christopher Eccleston as the ninth Doctor.

Fr Dean Atkins, youth officer with the Diocese of Llandaff and one of the organisers of the service, said: "The figure of Doctor Who is somebody who comes to save the world, almost a Messiah figure.

"In the series there are lots of references to salvation and the doctor being almost immortal. We are using the figure of Doctor Who as a parable of Christ.

"The language used in the series lends itself to exploring the Christian faith."

He added: "Christ is a kind of cosmic figure as well if you like, somebody who does not travel through time but all eternity is found in him.

"He is a kind of encapsulation of the beginning and the end, in fact he existed before time began and he will exist when time ends."

Parish priest Fr Ben Andrews said: "I love the series, and it has such a great following that we couldn't resist doing something for young people on a Doctor Who theme.

"Lots of people think that young people are the future of the Church.

"This kind of event will show they are part of the church of the present and have an important part to play in its future. We are building on the past but always looking forward."
    Just as long as they don't watch the resolutely Buddhist 'Planet of The Spiders'.

I see they're optimistic about the show lasting beyond 2010, seeing as they say it'll 'exist when time ends'. Choke it down with your cancellation theories, Levine!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Its a lovely story but its really just a gimmick to sucker more kids into becoming indoctrinated into organised religion, something that Doctor Who has always opposed.

They should watch "The Dominators", that feels like it goes on until time ends.

Si.

Oh God!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Well, Ten is 'the Lonely God' or 'the Lonely Angel'.
    Arisia Corporate President
    Assistant DivHead - Events, Arisia 2011

I'm sure atheist Russell T Davies would just welcome this...