Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default The Kylie Thread

We had one on the old PS, so here's the new one! She's finally returning to the charts...

Her new single '2 Hearts' will be out in November.
    Not a cover of the Phil Collins hit, as far as I know.

It's not a cover of the obscure Sugababe's album track either. Funny that the song title has a Doctor Who connection...

Do you think it might feature in 'Voyage Of The Damned'...? Is it penned by 'M. Gold' perchance....?

You can get a rough idea of what it'll sound like here...

http://www.hit40uk.com/blog/articles/19874.html

Hurrah......

With a sold out Homecoming tour, a hugely successful perfume launch, a touring exhibition and celebrations to mark the 20th anniversary since the release of her debut hit 'Locomotion, 2007 has been a great year for Kylie fans. And it's just about to get even better...

Kylie releases her fantastic new single "2 Hearts" on November 12th, preceded by the digital release on November 5th.

"2 Hearts" was written and produced by London based electro band Kish Mauve and finds Kylie sounding better than ever. Speaking about the track, Kylie said: "I loved it from the moment I heard it. It was a joy to record!"

The single is the first taster from Kylie's eagerly-awaited new album 'X' which hits stores on November 26th. The 13 track album, Kylie's first new studio album in four years, was recorded in London, Stockholm and Ibiza, and features the first new Kylie material since the greatest hits compilation 'Ultimate Kylie' in 2004.

'X' includes collaborations with the likes of Richard "Biff" Stannard, The Freemasons, Cutfather & Jonas Jeberg, Bloodshy & Avant, Calvin Harris, Greg Kurstin, Eg White, Guy Chambers and Cathy Dennis.

Here's the tracklist!

2 Hearts
    Like A Drug
    In My Arms
    Speakerphone
    Sensitized
    Heart Beat Rock
    The One
    No More Rain
    All I See
    Stars
    Wow
    Nu-di-ty
    Cosmic

SHOWGIRL DVD AND WHITE DIAMOND

December 10th sees the release of the double DVD of Kylie's triumphant 'Showgirl Homecoming Tour' that wowed earlier this year. The fabulous 2-disc set features the full 2 hour live show and the complete 2 hour version of 'White Diamond', an intimate film that shows Kylie as never before. With access-all-areas back stage footage and interviews with Kylie talking about her feelings, worries and aspirations, 'White Diamond' documents how Kylie and her team take Showgirl Homecoming from rehearsals to the road first in Australia and then to the UK. With feathers and sparkle galore, no Christmas stocking would be complete without it!

On October 16th and for one night only, Vue Cinemas are giving Kylie fans the chance to see an exclusive premiere screening of 'White Diamond'. The film will be shown in High Definition and Dolby 5:1 digital surround sound with footage broadcasted from the world premiere attended by Kylie at the Vue West End, Leicester Square. Stay tuned to Kylie.com for international screening dates to be announced shortly.

OTHER NEWS

Congratulations to Kylie for being awarded 'Best Production' for Showgirl Homecoming at the Vodafone Live Awards earlier this week. Kylie was unable to collect her award in person but sent a video message to say she was thrilled to win the award and to give special thanks her incredible crew and team.

Someone got an email.

Freemasons!

Looking forward to this.

It's a shame no Scissor Sister tracks have made the cut as the previous collaborations with them have been sparkly magic, especially the leaked "Everything I Know" which we can hope might become a b-side. Great news though.

You can see the adverts for the album already...get Kylie in your stocking this X-mas etc, etc.

I hope it does better than Liberty X's album of the same title.

I shall get "White Diamond" for Christmas as is my duty.

Pip Madeley Guest

Single artwork:

Nice. Very KISS.

Very eighties!

The album cover is along the same lines...

It's fierce and it's major.

And there's more than a hint of finger smelling.

Behold...she is coming soon...

You can listen to Kylie's new single '2 Hearts' all over UK radio on Wednesday 10th October at 7.50am!

And if that is not enough to raise your excitement levels to fever pitch, you can also watch the video premiere of '2 Hearts' on GMTV at the same time! The video finds Kylie performing the single with her band and looking more fabulous than ever.

'2 Hearts' is sure to be dominating all the music channels over the coming weeks so it will be hard to miss! You will also be able to catch the video online on Kylie.com.
    It's an unusual approach but I like the idea of song and video being unveiled at the same time and as long as it doesn't run late I should be able to catch it before work.

Will it be as popular as Dannii's new single which is going down surprisingly well?

Pip Madeley Guest

you can also watch the video premiere of '2 Hearts' on GMTV at the same time!
    That's enough to get me up in the morning...

Who is he?!

But seriously desperate for the attention to start slating Min.

It's nice that in her twenty-plus years in the industry Kylie has had to resort to bitching or being unkind about other artists. That shows real class!

The video to 2 Hearts premiered on GMTV(twice) today,theres a touch of the Goldfrapps about this little tune,i like it

Pip Madeley Guest

Online here - wowza

And yes, very Goldfrapp!

That might be why it's left me a bit cold.

She has favoured cool rather than pop - think it will be a grower like "slow" and the video is gorgeous.

By gorgeous, dost thou mean cheap?

Simple and stylish sells it better!

It's one step away from Melanie C.

How could you.

Damn GMTV putting this on 5 minutes early so I missed the first half. Until I got home and saw it on the internet but still.

I like the song. It's like Gwen's "Sweet Escape" with Geri's "Desire" and Kim's "Love Blonde". Insanely catchy but perhaps not as strong as a lead single should be. I thought the video was a bit cheap too. It doesn't quite go anywhere.

Maybe they're doing a "Britney: In The Zone" and releasing a fairly average first single ("Me Against The Music") and following it up with something much stronger ("Toxic").

I notice there isn't a DVD single looming either as was the case with "Giving You Up".