Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I did Army of Ghosts yesterday, along with episodes five and six of The Invasion. I hope I can finish today with Doomsday and the final episodes of The Invasion. I'll be ready then for The Runaway Bride.

I did the first two episodes of The Chimes of Midnight yesterday - are you sure it isn't one of the better Sapphire and Steels?

watched Claws of Axos today..

I've still got five episodes of Series Two to watch before 'The Runaway Bride'!!

I keep forgetting to mention that over the past few weeks I've been relistening to "Shadow of the Scourge" - first time round I thought it was OK, but not all that; second time I've enjoyed it a lot more. It's not quite a classic, but it has a real NA feel to it, which I like. The sequence of Ace deafening herself genuinely made me cringe, and the cliffhanger to part three ("Goodbye Bernice") is beautifully done.

Last night, having finished of SoftheS above, I listened to the free Radio Times CD of David T reading "The Feast of the Drowned". It was enjoyable enough, although I did think that both Rose and her mate sounded like Rodney from OFAHorses!

well I have now completed watching season 8 of my Doctor Who marathon as I watched Colony in Space, a very dull and slow story made much easier as I watched in in 3 sittings 2 episodes at a time and then The Daemons..

I now got the final two episodes, a big pub session and Santa to fit in before The Runaway Bride tomorrow...

Santa's Pit was cool and awesome.

Coma and sit in Santa's pit sounds a bit wrong if you ask me...

I watched the "Springtime in Paris" extra on the CoD DVD on Christmas night, having got the DVD as a pressie. I really enjoyed it, even the jokey narration, and it was nice to see some footage of Douglas Adams being interviewed. It was also interesting to get some mention of Graham Williams, who sometimes I feel gets a little overlooked - I particularly enjoyed his dry wit in the memo re John Cleese's proposed alias. Even Steven Moffat made for an interesting interviewee, even though I entirely disagree (obviously) with his comments on season 17 being a poor clutch of stories.

I watched 'The Sontaran Experiment' plus all the extras this morning - great story, nice compact release, although the 'comedy' Sontaran on the documentary is awful.

Now watching 'Resurrection Of The Daleks' with commentary and production notes - quite amusing, especially the comments about Turlough's 'looking around' acting, but Matthew Robinson certainly likes the sound of his own voice!

WhiteCrow Guest

As it's the holiday week, and we get VERY lazy, just finished watching Genesis of the Daleks again (excellent) and Invasion of Time. Was Leela alway so damn hot in it? Sigh.

started watching season 9 last night with Day of the Daleks, apart fro the crap Daleks. it's a pretty enjoyable story..

season 9 continues with Curse of Peladon, one of my favourite stories of the old series and by far the best to feature The Ice Warriors..

Well now that I've finished the series 2 boxset AND The Invasion I can carry on with season 14, starting with the Face of Evil part one.

Wait two days, Steve, and it'll be its 30th anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonno Simmons View Post
    Wait two days, Steve, and it'll be its 30th anniversary!
    Yep, indeed it will be, but I like to watch old Who on the nearest Saturday to it's original date, besides, I think I'll be busy watching Sarah Jane on that date and time.

just finished watching The Sea Devils, certainly not a favourite of mine I find the whole thing to be dull the sets and locations to be very drab and cold and as for those daft string vests the less said about that the better.

Did the An Unearthly Child commentaries last night - nothing to write home about. Or on PS for that matter.

I watched "Downtime"....

Well it was interesting to see Nick and Liz...otherwise em well at least I've watched it...

Wayne Guest

I've yet to do some of those spin-offs, although i did watch 'Return to Devil's End' recently, which was quite interesting as a fan of the Pertwee era. It wasn't what i expected though. I thought it was gonna be fiction, but it was just some of the cast & crew returning to where 'The Daemons' was filmed & doing interviews & stuff. Pertwee & Courtney were entertaining though.
    My Who Watch schedule will be finishing off the Troughton era throughout January, & then the Tennant stuff to date during February, before Series 3 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    I've yet to do some of those spin-offs, although i did watch 'Return to Devil's End' recently, which was quite interesting as a fan of the Pertwee era. It wasn't what i expected though. I thought it was gonna be fiction, but it was just some of the cast & crew returning to where 'The Daemons' was filmed & doing interviews & stuff. Pertwee & Courtney were entertaining though.
    My Who Watch schedule will be finishing off the Troughton era throughout January, & then the Tennant stuff to date during February, before Series 3 starts.
    Wow! I'm amazed I've seen something before you Wayne! Had I known you hadn't seen RTDE I would have brought that down last time I caught up with you. I thought it was quite enjoyable and good it was non fiction!

I first caught sight of RTDE as early as 1997!

Wayne Guest

I am suitably shocked & amazed Ralphie.

btw...i'm pissed.

I first caught sight of RTDE as early as 1997!
    Just for a second I thought Ralph was coming out of the closet!

Russell T Davies Excels - is that what Ralph's admitting to?!

I watched the first part of City of Death yesterday, on m'new shiny DVD. It looks & sounds so much better then the old VHS, though I must admit it was the first time it ever really struck me how much 'wandering around Paris' padding there is in episode 1. If Dudley's music hadn't been as good it would have been tedious - as it is, it's glorious!