Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

I can't trust anyone whose ratings veer from one to nine out of ten within a few episodes of the same series. That's just crazy talk/piss-poor critical faculties. Nothing is that inconsistent, is it?

The chant goes up: "ARE YOU HARDIE IN DISGUISE!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post

I can't trust anyone whose ratings veer from one to nine out of ten within a few episodes of the same series. That's just crazy talk/piss-poor critical faculties. Nothing is that inconsistent, is it?
    cue Regan:

SHUT IT! Milky

Wayne Guest

That's just crazy talk/piss-poor critical faculties.
    This from someone who hasn't made a 'proper'/serious comment about any episode of Who for about about 4yrs. And as far as i can see - never about the New Series.
    What about your 'critical faculties', James? People in glass houses etc...etc...

I've never rated anything above 96% or below 22% in my life for all-time ever and on ever for all-time eternity. Nothing is ever that perfect or that poor.*

* - I should know, as I've watched loads of crap in my time.

Wayne Guest

I've never rated anything above 96% or below 22% in my life for all-time ever and on ever for all-time eternity. Nothing is ever that perfect or that poor.
    Yeah but some people rate things on how much they enjoy them or don't enjoy them. I can see loads of faults in 'Planet of the Spiders' for instance, but i still give 10/10 because i enjoy it so much. Not everyone takes it as seriously as you seem to think they do with this 'in my life for all time ever and on ever for all time eternity' or whatever it is you're trying to say.
    If you wanna debate about someones views then fine - That's half of what message boards are about, but the least you could do is put forward your own views about the stories that you're choosing to take someone else to task about, instead of (or even better: as well as) just the usual piss-take comments.
    Personally, i don't see anything wrong with high & low scores within a few stories of each other. What difference does it make? They're still different stories - What are you on about?? A score reflects how much a person likes or dislikes something. My fave story & my least fave story of this season are within 2 stories of each other. One i really like, & one bores the arse off me. What's the problem with them being close together?

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    This from someone who hasn't made a 'proper'/serious comment about any episode of Who for about about 4yrs. And as far as i can see - never about the New Series.
    What about your 'critical faculties', James? People in glass houses etc...etc...
    I think that audio documentary he made for his degree was the only serious thing about Dr Who to come from ol' Milky... well, ever

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    I think that audio documentary he made for his degree was the only serious thing about Dr Who to come from ol' Milky... well, ever
    Actually, he made some excellent observations on my original Davison 'Boy Doctor' re-appraisal thread back 2003, but since then he's been a raping anal gimp that's that too wide, etc... etc...