Default Camping it Up: The Archives

For those of you interested (and I know some of you have seen the albums already), I've finally got round to setting up a proper repository of the glory days of Camping It Up when I was adored!

If you'd like to share the nostalgia you can see them here:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...a&id=667391930

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...b&id=667391930

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...9&id=667391930

If anyone has any photos I'm missing, then please feel free to emial them to me at the usual address (see my profile!) and I'll add them!
    Feel free to leave any comments you like!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Wayne Guest

Some great pics there, Si.
    Many old faves of mine, & a quite a few new ones to me, like the first pic with Soph.
    One of our friends developed a huge crush on her after meeting her that day!
    Young Master Williams by any chance?

The 2 Romanas is an absolute classic isn't it? And Tamm looks gorgeous!

I may have some rarities in my archive for the collection, I'll have a look!

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

I've seen them. I know it was only 5 years ago, but you all look so young.

I'm also disturbed by how much a young Ant looked like Adric. I don't think he has the gold star in mathematics to back it up though!

I may have missed it but is this famous shot there?

Or this back-to-back with a certain long running DWM editor...

Most glaringly absent of all is one of my favourites.... the famous meeting of the two Si's! It only happens in the gravest emergencies you know!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

The one with me... ah, I was so naive back then.

I think my absolute favourite is Paul McGann, if only because of the expression on his face!

Pip Madeley Guest

Seeing those pics has really brought a few memories back to me actually - the Two Doctors signing, and the Stamp Centre - I'd forgotten I'd meet the Brig and Debbie! And Louise Jameson too... my overriding memory of the day is meeting the wonderful Mrs Padbury, for obvious reasons.

Wayne Guest

I had a browse at some old PS pics on my pc. Some funny ones, (especially Transvamp's dirty dancing from 2004) But probably nothing new to anyone since they're mostly everyone else's pics.

A bit off topic, but just a few miselanaeous oddities from the past.

Last edited by Wayne; 19th Sep 2007 at 1:30 AM.

Ah, we had such fun doing the first "run" of "Camping It Up". Tramping all over the place making the eyes pop out the heads of major Doctor Who celebs... Tom Baker, Courtney... we were unstoppable! Alas it was a bit more difficult for the second series. I can remember trying to photoshop Si's eyes open when he met Geoffrey Bayldon, getting ignored by Peter Halliday and a horrible bloke in Tenth Planet getting aggressive because after hours of queuing we dared to ask for a photo. That seemed to ruin it a bit - I think in the end we exposed the ugly side of being a Doctor Who fan, in that you are actually quite resented by the shagged out old merchendisers and stars who you are propping up while they scrabble around trying to make a living. Still, many happy moments before then!

Si.

"Front to Front?" "An eyepatch photo- good lord!", Matthew Waterhouse's framed badge for Mathematical Excellence... happy memories indeed!

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

I can remember trying to photoshop Si's eyes open when he met Geoffrey Bayldon
    You got me to do that, you cheeky sod!

Not without trying myself first though! Unfortunately I wasn't very good at it and he ended up looking like Wanda Ventham in "Image of the Fendahl".

Si.

Where's mine? I'm sure I've camped it up with you!

I thought I had as well. May be it was a dream. Lots of people dream of camping it up with Si.

Hmmm. I'll have to have a look back throught he archives. There' such a lot of photos in my collection that it's easy to miss a few out, and some of them were taken by other people which just complicates matters.

I will have another look through when I get a chance and see if I can track them down and add them.

Si xx

Wayne Guest

I thought i'd done one as well! Can't find it amongst all the ones i've got, though.

I have a couple of wedding photos that probably qualify for Si's camping it up.

I'm restraining myself from exclaiming my shock at how thin Phillip looks in that camping it up shot.... oh wait...

My memory may be a bit fuzzy on the matter, but weren't there a few of us from the Bracknell Who Group that you camped it up with? I'm sure that somewhere around there's a photo of you camping it up with The Wombat!
    We ride tornadoes. We eat tomatoes.