Thread: Battles in Time

Fizzie Guest

Default Battles in Time

Hi Everyone
    hope you dont mind me posting in here, but need everyone's oppinion on something.
    My 8 year old son has been collecting the 'battles in time' cards and is now getting doubles, so i hunted around the net to see if there was anywhere for kids to swap their cards.... an there wasn't, so i've set up a forum for them to do it on.
    Thing is,I need your oppionion on the website, as it is mainly for kids to chat about dr who and swap cards. I'm not askin everyone to flood over there, just asking if you can check out the site and tell me if it looks ok (have never made a dr who one before), and if you know anyone that wants to swap cards if they can do it on my site.... hopefully then the kids will eventually get a full set!!

the website is http://www.doctorwho-battlesintime.co.uk

Thanks everyone
    best wishes
    Fizz
    Last edited by Fizzie; 19th Sep 2007 at 4:48 AM. Reason: spelling mistake!! lol

Looks great, nice colours & easy to navigate. The Banner could do with being a bit narrower as it is a little intrusive but other than that, excellent.

It's a good idea, my daughter is always asking if there's somewhere that she can post on, like I do here.

Fizzie Guest

Thanks everyone :-) wasnt sure if it was ok, will have a look at the banner and see if i can get it a bit smaller.
    MacNimon, your daughter is welcome, my son has signed up already, and i'm sorting out the moderators at the moment. Have disabled private messages so everything will be out in the open, as its a kids place, want to keep it as safe as possible.

Thanks for your replys
    Fizz

Fizzie Guest

oh... another quick question..... does anyone know where can i get some really good pictures for the kids Gallery to start them off?

You might want to either get rid of the top frame on the page (the bit with the logo) or use the space for something more useful (such as some basic forum rules).

Also, and this might just be me, Arial is a nicer looking font than Times.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Okay, I've decided to start collecting these. Bought the Invader mag with binder and 2 packs thingy, and another additional pack.

Looking at the back of the packet where it lists the ratios of rares per pack, I notice that there's a 'Golden Ticket' card - one in every thousand packs.

Guess what was in the extra pack I bought?

I've done this before. Bought a box of The Saint cards, and thinking "Hmm, wouldn't it be nice if I found the - whoa, hello Roger Moore autograph card!"

Fizzie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kinggodzillak View Post
    Okay, I've decided to start collecting these. Bought the Invader mag with binder and 2 packs thingy, and another additional pack.

Looking at the back of the packet where it lists the ratios of rares per pack, I notice that there's a 'Golden Ticket' card - one in every thousand packs.

Guess what was in the extra pack I bought?

I've done this before. Bought a box of The Saint cards, and thinking "Hmm, wouldn't it be nice if I found the - whoa, hello Roger Moore autograph card!"
    it's alright for some!! lol Well, when you get doubles... you know where to come lol

My daughter tried to register, but there was a problem with the registration e-mail. The e-mail asked for the permission slip to be printed, then faxed or posted...the problem is that there was no fax number, or address to send the form to. My daughter was happy with the name she chose (Cybergirl), if she tries to re-register will she need another user name?

Those b'stards. After having cured myself of a short addiction to collecting these, they've just announced a new set featuring "classic series" monsters!

Battles in Time - Ultimate Monsters

News Dated: 11/2/2008

DWO have received details on the next series of Battles in Time tradig cards.

Now featuring a mix of classic characters and your favourites from the new series!

Building on the fantastic success of the stunning Exterminator, Annihilator and Invader decks in the Doctor Who: Battles in Time Ultimate Trading Card Collection, GE Fabbri is proud to announce the launch of its latest thrilling expansion set – the Ultimate Monsters series! With amazing new images of aliens and monsters from both the classic series and the Doctor’s latest TV adventures, 225 exciting brand-new cards will be launched in shops across the UK on Wednesday 5th March 2008, priced only £1.50 per pack of 9 cards.

“Everyone on the Battles in Time team has been wanting to delve into the classic series for ages,” says editor Claire Lister. “There are so many brilliant monsters and aliens from the first era of Doctor Who, and creating the new Ultimate Monsters collector’s cards has reminded us all of the great heritage of the show!”

The ultimate adventure begins with a bumper 40-page Special magazine featuring an in-depth guide to the characters featured in the Ultimate Monsters set, plus exciting new puzzles. This special edition comes with a whopping FOUR booster packs to get your new Ultimate Monsters collection off to an amazing start!

Doctor Who: Battles In Time is a trading card and magazine collection that launched in September 2006 with the Exterminator series of 275 cards, followed by the Annihilator series of 100 cards and the Invader series of 225 cards. Cards are also available to collectors of the partwork, which comes with one pack of cards per fortnightly issue, priced just £2.50. The game-play of the Ultimate Monsters cards is completely compatible with all preceding sets.
    225 unique designs to collect based on the new TV adventures and the entire amazing history of the classic series.
    9 cards in every pack – 8 common and 1 rare, plus some packs have an extra super-rare or ultra-rare 10th card.
    Includes six character decks: Hero, Human, Alien, Robot, Monster, Dalek, Cyberman plus Bonus Cards to boost game-play.
    Pack odds: 185 common cards (8 in every pack), 25 rare shiny cards (1 in every pack), 10 super-rare holographic, bumpy or glow-in-the dark cards (1 in every 6 packs) and 5 ultra-rare lenticular (moving image) cards (1 in every 24 packs).
    The rarest card of all – the Golden Ticket – is only found in 1 in every 1000 packs.
    Cards available separately at £1.50 from local newsagents, Woolworths, WHSmith, Asda, McColls, Borders, Toys ‘R’ Us, Forbidden Planet, and all good hobby stores. About the combination packs with the magazine
    Issue 39 comes with one pack of Invader cards and one pack of Ultimate Monsters cards and a FREE tickchart that covers the new cards.
    After that, collectors of the Battles in Time partwork will get an Invader/Ultimate Monsters
    combination pack with the magazine starting from issue 40.
    12 cards in every pack – 5 common and 1 rare Exterminator cards, and 5 common and 1 rare Annihilator cards, plus some pack have an extra super-rare or ultra-rare 13th card.
    Pack odds: 369 common cards (10 in every pack), 50 rare shiny cards (2 in every pack), 20 super-rare holographic, bumpy, scratch ‘n’ sniff or glow-in-the-dark cards (1 in every 6 packs) and 11 ultra-rare lenticular (moving image) cards (1 in every 24 packs).
    Battles in Time: 'Ultimate Monsters' is released on 5th March 2008.

[Source: DWO]
    Some nice examples/pics here......

http://www.drwho-online.co.uk/news/n...edoctors-inner
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

And so it begins........got the first copy of this new magazine, with 4 packs of cards. Very nice they are too, and almost exclusively "old" series rather than new. Some quite obscure ones in the set, including Exxilon Antibody, Mutt Group, Omega's Creature, Mogarian Group, Reptilian Areta, Gundan Robot, Mechonoid, Cessair Of Diplos, The Sensorites and more!

Official website here.....

http://www.battlesintimemonsters.com/

Am I the only sad person on PS collecting these?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

The Doctor Who Cash Cow is going to internally combust one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry Vale View Post
    Some quite obscure ones in the set, including Exxilon Antibody, Mutt Group, Omega's Creature, Mogarian Group, Reptilian Areta, Gundan Robot, Mechonoid, Cessair Of Diplos, The Sensorites and more!
    In the true tradition of Weetabix

Have you got a White Robot yet?

Make way for a naval officer!

...or is it just the way you're standing?

Si.