Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wayne Guest

Thanks for that, Logo. I'll be out, but i'll record it. (if i remember.)

As with White Crow, I was in the odd position on Monday night of being able to watch part 2 on Virgin's On Demand service as taken off CBBC, but not part 1 off BBC1 - ridiculous! I did watch the Sladen interview in studio that they included prior to part 2 (stopped after that naturally) and will be watching CBBC on Sunday - hopefully this will be part 1!

I have now watched both parts today and thoroughly enjoyed it - I shall refrain from saying more for now for the benefit of those that are not on CBBC pace for fear of spoilers.

Wayne Guest

I managed to record Part 1, on CBBC today, but i haven't watched it yet. I'm assuming part 2 will be on next Sunday at the same time. Unless anyone knows different.
    I'll have to record the 3rd ep as well, & than i can try to watch all 3 eps in the right order before carrying on with the rest of the series.

Edited to add: Ah! I've just realized Part 2 is on BBC1 tomorrow. For some reason i thought it had already been on, what with people talking about having seen it already.

*Wayne: Dazed & Confused.
    Last edited by Wayne; 30th Sep 2007 at 11:47 PM.

Wayne - basically, CBBC premiere an episode immediately after the BBC1 episode. So on Monday 1st, BBC1 do part 2 of story 1, and straight after CBBC will show part 1 of story 2, which itself will be on BBC1 on Monday 8th. Got it?!

Wayne Guest

Ah right, Yes i think so! Thanks Jonno.

No probs! BTW, found out today that my parents watched both episodes back to back last Monday and really enjoyed it! I wasn't even sure that they knew it was on/planning to watch it, given its CBBC status. Don't recall if they saw the pilot either. They reckon it should be on primetime Saturday though, bless them!

I hope Simon has set the DVD Recorder today
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Wayne Guest

I've managed to record all 3 eps. All i've got to do now is watch them!

Is there a Gorgon thread yet?

Pip Madeley Guest

Not yet but feel free to make one (as long as you put a spoiler warning in the title of course!).

I did remember to DVD it and it was ever so much fun. I don't know why but I found the image of Slitheen and Son very funny, even more so the Slitheen working down the corridor with his arm over the headmaster's shoulder.

Nice intro story to the series and nice to hear The Doctor and The Brig and UNIT referenced!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I thought the little boy turning out to be a Slitheen was a neat little twist, which we all enjoyed here -even if he did have a frightfully posh voice! It was a good romperific season opener though, and as a fan of the Slitheen it was nice to see them back.

Absolutely loved it. It wasn't remotely perfect though, the bit where they go back to Sarah's house to work out how to beat the Slitheen was frightfully dull and brought the story to a crashing halt. I still think the CGI Slitheen looked better and much less cumbersome than the suit versions.

But for the most part it was a rip-roaring fun adventure. The child actors are brilliant, there were loads of good jokes and twists in the story and even the domestic stuff is pretty good. 'You see what this means - all of this is happening to ME!' And I thought she'd worked it all out.

Mr.Smith is interesting, very much like Zen from Blakes 7 in the last seen where the cool kid is trying to find out what he is. I especially like that they have a super-brain computer that has failed to tell them anything paticularly useful yet - or that they couldn't work out for themselves!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I thought it was ace, and much less heavy than Doctor Who. It's still a little "twee" in places, and like DW feels the need to tell you every five minutes how wonderful it is to be alive. But this was a good and fun story - Sarah's attic is a bit like her TARDIS really isn't it?

I do think this story, whilst fun, was similar in feel and style to what we've seen before (like a cross between "Invasion of the Bane" and "School Reunion") and the potential of this series isn't even scratched yet. I can't wait for next weeks ghost story, and look forward to adventures in crypts, creepy seaside piers, Earths past and under the sea. I gather at least some of these ideas are promised in the weeks to come.

Si.

Overnight of 1.1m/10% share for Episode Two last night.

Golly. Clyde is 19 in real life! It's another Rory Jennings for your collection.

Marie looks like Daniel Radcliffe.

Pip Madeley Guest

Just watched the conclusion, and I agree, a nice story to start things off, although I hope they don't keep bringing the Doctor into it every episode. The Slitheen looked great, especially the lickle one, and there was a nice nod to UNIT and the Brigadier, nice to know he's not been fatally steeped in pies just yet. Much better than K9 And Company.

And is that Suze from Gimme Gimme Gimme I see in next week's episode?

Certainly is.

Watched both parts earlier this week, and thought it was hugely enjoyable - good, top-notch kids entertainment, just like they used to make, with plenty of action, a few scares, and a surprisingly grim and thought-provoking ending with Sarah's dilemma over whether to save the Slitheen child or not. It moved along at a cracking pace, and all the young actors, Yasmin Paige in particular, were exceptional.

My only criticism was the horrible over-acting on the part of the Slitheen actors, especially the headmaster. This script, like all the best children's dramas demand a little respect, as do the audience, but that guy's performance was just patronising. I imagine a few little'uns would have liked him, though.

The series has got off to a good start, and should be the perfect tonic for dank, autumn Monday evenings. The next story looks fantastic, too!

My only criticism was the horrible over-acting on the part of the Slitheen actors, especially the headmaster.
    Ah, yeah, I really loved the over-acting! The thing about Slitheen is that they're never subtle!