View Poll Results: How Should The Trial Be Boxed?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Individual ammary cases per "segment" in a slipcase

4 21.05%
  • One 4/5/however many disc ammary case ala "Lost In Time"

11 57.89%
  • Fancy Pants Slimline Shiny Digipack

1 5.26%
  • A TARDIS Tin for old times sake

3 15.79%
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Well... as far back as Tomb we got Right To Reply and the like.

Quick quick Miss Waterfield, up your passage!

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead, but Amazon have just dispatched the box of this to me, so I'll be posting my thoughts on it when I see them. I was there at the time, but I wasn't as into the show as I was when McCoy started. I kept comparing Colin Baker to Tom and let myself down by turning my back on the show. Kids, eh?

Kids never learn!

It'll be interesting to hear what you have to say as you revisit it, Dino Hope you enjoy parts 5-9 more than you remembered!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Funnily enough, I've been rewatching Trial m'self recently (best internet bargain I ever had BTW, less than £3 from Amazon, thanks PIp!) and am up to part 5 so far. It's still probably not as good as it ought to be, but nevertheless I'm really enjoying it - and when it's good, it's very good (it's just not good all the time!!)

IT'S ARRIVED!!!
    I haven't watched it yet, but I've had a look at some of the extras on the back of the cover. Mark Curry! Wow, this is going to be good!
    I'll start this evening.

I'm halfway through it. Not looked at the extras yet.
    So far, I'm getting annoyed by the end of nearly all episodes cutting back to the Doctor's trial during the action. And that close up of the Doctor's face after the Valeyard says "...Doctor!"
    Colin is very good however. There's some pretty good guest star performances in this. In fact, I'm logging off to see finish the box off!

Quote Originally Posted by Dino View Post
    I'm halfway through it. Not looked at the extras yet.
    So far, I'm getting annoyed by the end of nearly all episodes cutting back to the Doctor's trial during the action. And that close up of the Doctor's face after the Valeyard says "...Doctor!"
    Colin is very good however. There's some pretty good guest star performances in this. In fact, I'm logging off to see finish the box off!

oh I agree the scenes in the court room and all the Doctor's childish name calling dose get very tedious I've never been a fan of Trial but having said that I think had these been 3 stand alone stories they might of worked much better.

Just finished it! And I take back my idea of making a docu-drama about the hiatus! I've just watched on of the extras and it's only Colin Baker and JNT who emerge with any credit! What a vicious nest vipers Doctor Who fandom was in the 80's!

"You don't read DWB! You're not in touch with proper fandom!"

A charge levelled at me by a penfriend in the early 90's. (In his final letter to me) Well I'm happy to have clean hands on that one!

I'd rank the stories

Mindwarp
    The Mysterious Planet
    Terror Of The Vervoids
    The Ultimate Foe

I've seen a lot of hate for the third story, but it reminded me of the Dinner Party story of Sapphire & Steel.

Colin Baker, I salute you. Please forgive my childishness (Although to be fair, I was finishing Primary school at the time) in dismissing you in the 80's.

"You don't read DWB! You're not in touch with proper fandom!"
    Judging by comments on the DVD for Trial and elsewhere, there was some seriously nasty sniping going on in DWB - you might have been best staying clear.

Glad to see Mindwarp at the top of your list, but the other three stories are too close together for me in terms of quality. I couldn't rank them in order!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!