Default Sarah Jane Adventures Ratings Thread

From OG:

The first episode of The Sarah Jane Adventures achieved a rating of 1.3 million viewers, an 11% share of the audience.
    This is much higher than CBBC programmes usually get in this slot. Last Monday, Escape from Scorpion Island, got 0.9 million.

In the children's chart, the programme was the 6th most watched of the day with an audience of 0.5 million which was a 29.8% share.
    Over on CBBC the second episode was watched by 0.44 million making the programme the most watched of the day on CBBC and the 7th most watched programme on multi channel television.
    We're off to a good start then!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Some fools were expecting it to get 2-3 million... even though Blue Peter and Newsround (CBBC1's top shows) only average about 800,000-1 million in that slot.

WE'RE STILL DOOOOOOOOOMED!!

Pip Madeley Guest

Excellent AI score for Gorgon part one:

Overnight figures show that Episode Three of The Sarah Jane Adventures was watched by 1.1 million viewers, a 10.1% share of the total TV audience. The AI figure for this episode was 83, the highest so far for the series and the highest rating on BBC1 for the day.

On CBBC, Episode Four had 0.236 million viewers, a 3% share. Figures released by BARB show that the debut of Episode Two on the digital channel CBBC, got a final rating of 0.446 million...
    A second series should be a no-brainer, I think.

Oh my! That's just awesome, isn't it? I can't imagine K9 and Company would ahve done this well back in 1981.

Si xx

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Oh my! That's just awesome, isn't it? I can't imagine K9 and Company would ahve done this well back in 1981.

Si xx
    You know I've never had the courage to rewatch K9 and Company. Even the credits have me hiding behind the sofa.

I don't know if I've unusually for me suffered memory corruption. I seem to remember Sarah Jane found a couple of old dears who lived next door who I remember as Hinge and Bracket, but were really Satanic worshipers out to sacrifice something, probably to a circle of stones.

From OG, More good news:
    Ratings for The Sarah Jane Adventures continue to hold up, with unofficial overnight figures showing that episode four was watched by 1.0 million viewers, a 9.2% share of the total TV audience. The AI figure for this episode was 85, the highest so far for the series and putting the programme in the excellent category.

Over on CBBC, episode five was up on last week's figures, with 0.289 million viewers, a 3.7% share of all children watching
    Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

No AI this week, but the ratings are holding up:

Overnight ratings for week five of The Sarah Jane Adventures the episode Warriors of Kudlak , show that the episode was watched by 1.0 million viewers, an 8.4% share of the total TV audience. Over on CBBC, the second part of Warriors of Kudlak had 0.234 million viewers, a 13.6% share of all children watching.

Pip Madeley Guest

Ratings are up on last week:

Overnight ratings show that the second part of Warriors of Kudlak was watched by 1.2 million viewers, an 9.6% share of the total TV audience. On the digital channel CBBC, the first part of Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane? had 0.231 million viewers, a 11.7% share of all children watching.

As I've just spurted over on OG...

Browsing through Broadcast in Borders the other day (it's now too expensive to buy every week), I noticed the CBBC1 broadcast of Prank Patrol (Tuesdays@4:30pm) was number one in their Children's Top Ten chart. Think it was about 50,000 ahead of SJA with 420,000 4-15 year-olds, or something!?

THE PREDICTABLE BIT...

FIFTY FRIKKIN THOUSAND!!! WE'RE DOOOOOOOMED!!!!

Proves just how popular Barney Harwood is with da kids.

Do most of their pranks involve fixing TV Ratings boxes?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

From Andy Parish on OG:

BBC1 - 05/11/07 - (17:00-17:25)

1.23m..(9.8%)..The Sarah Jane Adventures
    Another good figure. The Great Pretender on ITV1 only pulled in 1.5 million on Monday night.

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    I noticed the CBBC1 broadcast of Prank Patrol (Tuesdays@4:30pm) was number one in their Children's Top Ten chart.
    Plus as it's filmed in someone elses house, it's probably cheap as chips to make, compared to producing drama. The curse of reality TV hits again ...

Pip Madeley Guest

Further to Milky's post, the appreciation index for this episode was 85 - putting it in the excellent category once more. Meanwhile on CBBC, the second part of the story had 0.38 million viewers, an 18% share of all children watching. This digital audience was a big increase on the previous week's figures.

I kind of watched this on Monday and have to say I was supprisingly impressed once again RTD, has produced a very enjoyable series.

Still doing well this week:

Unofficial overnight figures for week eight of The Sarah Jane Adventures show that part two of Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane? was watched by 1.1 million viewers, an 8.5% share of the total TV audience.
    The programme out-rated the ITV1 opposition Chris Tarrant's Great Pretender which got 1.0 million during the period the programmes overlapped.
    On the digital channel CBBC, the first part of the new story The Lost Boy had 0.29 million viewers, an 13.6% share of all children watching.
    Si xx

Overnights from OG:

'The Lost Boy' - 1.3m/9.5%

Highest since episode one!

Final episode had 0.35m/15.7% on CBBC Channel.

From OG:

Official figures released by BARB show that the Monday 1730 CBBC showing of The Sarah Jane Adventures has broken records for the digital channel.
    The second part of Whatever Happened to Sarah Jane? is the highest rated programme to have been shown on CBBC since its launch, with an official audience of 633,000 viewers.
    In the list of top rated programmes, The Sarah Jane Adventures holds the first six positions, with the 7th position being taken by MI High, with 388,000 viewers.
    Figures for the final two episodes of this series, will be available over the next two weeks
    Good going Sarah Jane!

Si xx

How much was Torchwood picking up on BBC Three? Are the figures comparable? I suspect Torchwood would have the edge, but you never know.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

A second series of SJS is a no-brainer...

Sarah Jane hits new record

Final figures released by BARB show the last episode of the Sarah Jane Adventures set a new ratings record for the digital channel CBBC. The second part of The Lost Boy got an official rating of 659,000 viewers and is now the highest rated programme ever shown on the channel. The Sarah Jane Adventures holds the top eight places in the ratings for the channel, for this year, and the top two places since the channel's launch in 2002.