Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Oasis Split! Beady Eye falls out.

On September 24, 2007, two days after the birth of Noel Gallagher's first son, Donovan Rory Gallagher, Oasis announced that they will release their first ever digital-only release, "Lord Don't Slow Me Down", on October 21. 2007. The track is available via Oasisinet.comand comes in a digital bundle including two live tracks from the group's City Of Manchester Stadium shows in 2005, "Don't Look Back In Anger" and "The Meaning Of Soul", the latter of which is available immediately. A video for the song will premiere on Youtube October 1, 2007 the same day the song will be first played on radio.
    Can they still be relevent? Will this new single do well in the charts? Is it a sad day for music when the Oasis B-Side is no more?

Si.

I reckon Oasis stopped being relevant long before the new millenium. For the last few years they've just been those hairy blokes punching photographers and getting ex girl band members up the duff. Times have changed. Music has moved on. Oasis probably haven't.
    Time for them to retire I think.

But the last album went triple platinum and has to date sold 4m copies, and the last three singles went Top 3! Surely that makes them reasonably relevent to quite a few people.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Oasis will be around for a while longer yet - certainly Noel will be anyway.

I like the way Noel has taken his place amongst modern rock aristocracy. We still love the old c***t.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

He's the new Paul Weller.

Disturbingly, you're actually right.

Si.

So when will he start releasing tons of worthy if slightly dull solo material?

I must say, I'm of the opinion that a band does not necessarily have to be 'relevant', as long as they can still produce good pop songs, and Oasis, I feel, proved that they can with their last album, which was surely their best in a years. Likewise, 'The Importance Of Being Idle', although just as derivative as anything they've ever produced, was a classic single, one of their very best.

I agree that it's somewhat annoying that they've never really progressed musically. There were hints of a change in direction on 'Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants', although it never really came to anything. They do at least sound differently to the Oasis we first heard back in 1994, although that's more to do with the various changes in personnel rather than any conscious change in musical style.

But then, they've got a winning sound, and despite the changes in the musical landscape over the last thirteen years, would we really want Oasis to sound that differently?

Gem should have stuck with Heavy Stereo!

Dave Lewis Guest

Andy Bell should have stuck with Ride... but not Hurricane #1...

Hey, 'Step Into My World' is a fantastic tune!

Oasis have leaked!

Three tracks from Oasis's new album have leaked online.

Links to the songs 'I Wanna Live A Dream (In My Record Machine)', 'Nothin' On Me' and 'Stop The Clocks' appeared on the DS forums yesterday.
    Bloody "Stop the Clocks" again! One day this song will actually come out!

Even though I'm sick of Noel's big trap and their awful stunt with the Best Of (now Ł4 everywhere) I'll probably get the new album. I'm JUST ABOUT willing to like them still.

Si.

Well I've just listened to them via youtube, and well, for me it's pretty poor stuff. Lyrically they've nothing interesting to say, and musically it's the same old same old (ie just copying other, better bands). Ah well, can't say it came as much of a surprise...
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

They've just signed a new three album deal with Sony/BMG, new album due sep/oct. Woo.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Haven't they split up yet?

Well, a three album deal in this case could mean.....new album, deluxe edition of same album with bonus disc.....and live album of the tour!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

According to Teletext...

Oasis will return in early October with new album Big Out Your Soul.

Produced by Dave Sardy, it's preceeded in September by a single, The Shock Of The Lightning, written by Noel Gallagher.

He said: "If you think the single is instant and compelling, that's because it was written and recorded dead fast. It's basically the demo. There's a lot to be said for that."
    Drop it while it's hot.

Produced by Dave Sardy
    Who he?

"Big Out Your Soul" sounds like a bad Oasis parody title. I'm utterly unthrilled by this project (but I'll still probably buy it on the day of release).

Si.

Q Magazine will piss it's pants to be able to say "there last album was awful but this is a return to form. Oh and Oasis like drugs, drugs are great aren't they?".

Is 'Stop The Clocks' a re-working of the lost Kakko classic?

Noel sells the new Oasis album to us as only he can:

There's no pop singles on it.
    Wooo!

Si.

Actually - looking at some of his other recent interviews, I think I might become a fan of Oasis after all. Or at least a fan of reading about their insane outbursts.

Gallagher, speaking to BBC Newsbeat, compared Winehouse to a horse and suggested that Ronson should write more of his own material.

After re-naming Scouting for Girls "Scouting For Idiots" and comparing Winehouse to a "destitute horse," the guitarist joked that Ronson had "ruined" many of his peers' careers.

"He [Ronson] wants to write his own tunes instead of ruining everyone else's," he said. "Mark Ronson needs to learn three chords on the guitar and write a tune."

Referring to Kaiser Chiefs, whose forthcoming new album 'Off With Their Heads' Ronson has co-produced, Gallagher said, "The Monkees haven't split up, they're just going under the name of the Kaiser Chiefs.

"I did drugs for 18 years and I never got that bad as to say, 'You know what? I think the Kaiser Chiefs are brilliant.'"
    Oh but Mr Oasis man, its your fault that the Kaiser Chiefs got signed. And Scouting for Girls. You opened that door!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I used to find his inane slagging off of various people every time Oasis have a new record to promote funny. Somehow, these days it just seems pathetic. Maybe if they hadn't done a shoddy history-rewriting Best Of with 1 CD's worth of material split over 2 discs and no DVD, I'd like them more.

Si.

It's better this time because he's selected acts and artists that thoroughly deserve to have the cr@p beaten out of them! A new band couldn't do more to win my favour than by starting an enormous fight with Scouting for Girls.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!