Default Lois Maxwell (Moneypenny)

From BBC news:

Bond star Lois Maxwell dies at 80

"Actress Lois Maxwell, who starred as Miss Moneypenny in a string of James Bond movies, has died aged 80. Maxwell starred alongside Sir Sean Connery in Bond's first movie outing, Dr No, in 1962. She played the role until 1985's A View To A Kill with Sir Roger Moore, who told the BBC she had been a "great asset" to the early Bond movies.

She appeared in more movies than any of the actors who played the lead role in the spy series. Only Desmond Llewelyn, who played gadget man Q 17 times before his death in 1999, starred in more films."

A pic from GoldFinger

I thought Lois added a nice touch the early Bonds, sorry to hear she's no more
    Last edited by Ralph; 30th Sep 2007 at 6:08 PM.

That's sad news. She was great in the Bond movies.

R.I.P Lois.

She was magnificent. She added a lot of warmth to the Bond films, becoming part of the legend.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Was she the voice of Atlanta in Stingray as well?

80's a good age and I bet she was glam till the end.

WhiteCrow Guest

This is truely sad. I never thought she was 80. She was so spirited in interviews and had a real passion for her character which is rare, as many an actor turns sour against the character who made them famous.

However a truely great and memorable character makes you immortal.

Sad, sad news.

I only went watching "Goldfinger" on Friday as well, at The Cornerhouse in Manchester.

RIP.