Thread: Jericho

Default Jericho

I caught this new series on ITV 4 the other night. A small Kansas community realise that America has been apparantly devastated by nuclear disasters (Denver & Atlanta by the end of the first episode) and have to work out what's happening- we don't know if it's an attack or accident.

Like a lot of these American imports it could become a tedious, plodding drama a la Lost, but it could be great. It was initially axed in the States, but brought back after a campaign by it's fans.
    Did anyone else see it?

Captain Tancredi Guest

I half-followed it on Living on Sunday nights and it seemed to be uneven and not ever quite grasping its potential. I've liked Sprague Grayden since 'John Doe', though.

It's a good series, it was on Hallmark early this year, and I followed it through.
    The series ends on a cliffhanger, even though it was cancelled. Fans campaigned for it to be brought back and it's in production as we speak, although I don't think it's going to be a full series, rather a couple of 90 minute episodes to wrap the series. Don't quote me on that though, things may have changed.
    Stick with it, it's worth watching.

It's back for 7 episodes apparently, with more to come if the ratings improve. I love the way the fans of the show campaigned to get it back on air by sending in a ridiculous amount of nuts to the network, it was a really nice idea and clearly worked well.

I watched it in the summer and quite enjoyed it, there's the odd weak episode but they pull of the premise nicely, and there's good performances all round.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."