Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default The Peter Serafinowicz Show

Anyone else watch this? What did you think?
    On the whole I thought it was great. There were some misses but mostly the sketches hit the spot.
    I loved Eyes Closed News and Derek Bum. BANG!

There are some clips here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/thepeterserafinowiczshow/

Also Peter Serafinowicz does remind me slightly of P-Bal!

Pip Madeley Guest

I'll probably not get to watch this till next week, but I like Peter Xeraphinowitz, especially his turn in Black Books...

"FEEEEEEERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!"

I think you'll like this Pip. Just watched the trailer for episode 2 and it made me laugh.

I caught most it last night. Quite good in places, ok in others & some were just 'smile' funny.

Got it on my Sky+ to watch. Does the other guy from 'Look Around You' appear?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Robert Popper? No. It does have Paul Putner in it though.

Pip Madeley Guest

Ah, Paul Putner. Jack of all comedies, master of none.

We enjoyed it. It was a bit hit and miss, but when it hit, it was brilliant. I liked the Kitchen Gun/ Toilet Grenade sketches and the QVC spoof was really rather good too.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I thought it was very disappointing. He's an extremely talented guy but the show suffered from over-production and not enough good ideas. All sketch shows are inconsistent (except "A Bit of Fry and Laurie") but TPSS was more bad than good. It wasn't, for example, as strong as Mitchell and Webb which came after it and I always thought their shows were a 50/50 split of the good and the bad.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Ah, Paul Putner. Jack of all comedies, master of none.
    I quite like Paul Putner! How could you diss the Curious Orange in such a way? He's turned up in quite a good few other things as well, though admittedly he has done his fair share of rubbish too.

Anyway, I liked this, it made me laugh out loud a good few times, though it did seem to take on easy targets sometimes (crappy shoppy channels, the Cillit Bang spoof, the O News section). Still, I've liked the man who's surname I will never be able to pronounce for a long time now, ever since Spaced really, so it's really nice to see him finally get his own show.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I thought it was very funny in places, crap in others. What annoyed me was the cheapness of the targets that he satirised, Cillit Bang, Big Brother, QVC, it really feels as if it's all been done before.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Pip Madeley Guest

As others have said, rather hit and miss. I didn't laugh at any of the Clone House segments once, same goes for O-News. Thankfully he saved me from switching off thanks to Butterfield Direct, Kitchen Gun bloke, Michael-6 and the Buy-It channel. I noticed Peter Popper was one of the writers, along with his brother James Serafinowich (who also produced it).

It was so much better this week. Fairly consistant too. I think episode 1 was just a blip.

I'm with Paul on this, I especially loved the shopping channel Dracula and Charles Dickens fruit corners, and his downbeat look at the end of the advert, and the Beatles song at the end - Peter's Paul McCartney is absolutely fantastic. Only Michael-6 didn't work for me (I found it a bit too similar to last weeks) but bar that it was really great stuff.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm with Paul and Alex on this, I especially loved the shopping channel Dracula and James Bond sketches. I don't think it's going to make a massive impact but it's nice to have on Thursdays.

I thought the Ringo Starr sketch was brilliant last night. The Goldfinger song was spot on!

It seems to be getting beter each week, which is good.

Si xx

At least Thursday's ratings are funny:

Quote Originally Posted by Broadcast
    While BBC1 was riding high at 9pm, sister channel BBC2 was struggling with the third part of sitcom The Life and Times of Vivienne Vyle entertaining just 930,000 (4.2%). The show, starring Jennifer Saunders, has lost over 800,000 viewers since it began on 4 October.

BBC2's audience fell even further at 9.30pm with The Peter Serafinowicz Show averaging just 790,000 (3.5%) for its third outing.
    He's doooooooomed!!

Good grief! That's incredibly poor isn't it? Especially after they went to all that effort (and expense) to make those idents too!

Si xx

I thought last nights episode was better than previously.

Shocked at the figures though.

Pip Madeley Guest

Well I said it wasn't going to have a big impact, and I was right. Poor guy.

That's a real shame as I think this is turning in to a real gem, I loved Thursday's episode, I can't understand why people seem to love utter crap like The Catherine Tate Show (imo!) with it's tedious repetition and incredibly annoying characters, but don't love this. tsk. and tsk again.
    Last edited by Alex; 20th Oct 2007 at 2:16 PM. Reason: inability to spell simple words
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I missed last thursdays cos I was in Hamburg

Last nights was pretty good again.
    I loved Dead or Undead. That should definitely be a real show. And his Noel Edmunds was great especially the excessive feeling up of the contestant.
    Brian Butterfield wasn't so good though.

Yeah, I liked it, it's a shame it was the first weak Butterfield because the character's been really strong until now. Other than that I really liked it, apparently ratings have improved a bit (they're now bouncing around the 1 million level), but it seems unlikely another series will be made alas.

Btw, I've got that episode that you didn't see Paul, once the series is over I'll lend it to you!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I rather liked the Butterfield last night, though I'd agree it wasn't as good as the others. I loved 'The sarcasm of the Christ' as well
    I felt the Columbo sketch should have been better than it was as well, a great impersonation though!