Default Kaplinsky goes to Five

Kaplinsky is quitting BBC for Five

Natasha Kaplinsky joined the BBC in 2002
    BBC newsreader Natasha Kaplinsky is leaving the corporation to join commercial broadcaster Five.
    She will join the channel in the New Year and replaces Kirsty Young, who left Five News in the summer.

"After five incredibly rewarding years at the BBC, I found the chance to work with the team at Five too exciting to pass up," Ms Kaplinsky said.

She joined BBC Breakfast from Sky News in 2002 before moving on to present the Six O'Clock News.

Helen Boaden, head of BBC News, said: "Natasha Kaplinsky is a warm and intelligent presenter who's built a great rapport with the audience. We wish her all the best."

Branched out

Ms Kaplinsky was a co-presenter on Sky News' Live At Five following several months on the channel's early morning Sunrise programme, having joined the satellite broadcaster in 2000.

Prior to that she was a presenter on London Tonight and London Today, having also worked at ITV channel Meridian.

The 35-year-old has branched out into other roles at the BBC and is one of the presenters of the annual Children in Need.

She won the BBC One's Strictly Come Dancing show in 2004 and recently traced her family history on the Who Do You Think You Are? programme.

Jay Hunt, Five's director of programmes, said: "Natasha is one of the most talented broadcasters on British television.

"I am thrilled she has decided to join Five and become one of the key faces of the channel."
    Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I like Kaplinski, she's polite and well dressed and quite Kirsty Young-esque which explains why Five want her.

Let's hope this means a promotion for Rizla Teef.

Si.

Kaplinsky leaves me cold, somewhat. I'm not sure why. Kirsty Young, on the other hand, makes me very warm inside.

It's funny, at one time, going to Five might have been seen as a step-down, but now it seems quite respectable, especially as its news is produced by Sky.
    Rizla Teef
    Who's that then?

Pip Madeley Guest

He means Riz Lateef.

Riz Lateef is the main presenter of the BBC London TV News programme.

The BBC can just replace her with Kirsty Young... who was announced as the new Crimewatch presenter last week.

I hate Kaplinsky and I'm not sure why. Perhaps its because she seems so perfect. Like a Stepford wife or something.
    I sure she's a robot.

I bet she's an absolute beast in bed. You can tell from that hungry look in her eyes when she glances over at Dermot Mernahan.

Si.

She's a bit less annoying now than when she did local news down our way - she was bloody awful, like she was on work experience.

She'll not be missed by me.

Bring back Nick Owen and Anne Diamond I say !
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    ... it seems quite respectable, especially as its news is produced by Sky.
    Nope, you've lost me there.

Sarah Campbell needs to be on telly more.

Make way for a naval officer!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I hate Kaplinsky and I'm not sure why. Perhaps its because she seems so perfect. Like a Stepford wife or something.
    I sure she's a robot.
    Couldn't agree more!

When she took over from Sophie Raeworth on breakfast news I was deeply disappointed!

So hip hip hooray she's gone.

Wayne Guest

Last time i bothered to watch the news it was Richard Baker, Kenneth Kendall, & Robert Dougal.
    Is that new bird Selina Scott still on?

Ah...those were the days

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I sure she's a robot.
    I don't hate her, but I can see the point your making.

I always like Dalya Raphael who was generally relegated to late night Channel 5 bulletins. Which isn't nearly as exciting as it sounds.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I'll have to see if I can find a picture of BBC North weathergirl Lisa Gallagher for the assembled hordes...

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    I'll have to see if I can find a picture of BBC North weathergirl Lisa Gallagher for the assembled hordes...
    I'm assembled and waiting!

Captain Tancredi Guest

Hmm, not much going it seems- tried posting a link but can't seem to get it to work. Doesn't help that Firefox doesn't allow me to copy and paste a URL.

What is this rot about Firefox not allowing you to do something?
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I couldn't (or at least when I tried I couldn't) copy a URL and then paste it into the pop-up box which appears in PS when you want to create a link. It just didn't offer me the option, as if I hadn't highlighted the URL in the first place.

Then again, the link didn't work when I copied it character for character either, so it's probably a combination of the two things.