Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Default The Mighty Boosh

Series three is apparently due next month:

Series 3 is now finished. Filming wrapped on 1 September 2007 after a long seven weeks, and the series is now being edited and is apparently due to hit UK screens in November
    Any fans?

Not many it would seem.

Lots of views but no replies.

Well I didn't want the first reply to be kind of mixed...I like the Boosh a lot sometimes, but other times they frustrate me a bit, but Pip and I have chatted about that on the old board before.

I'm definitely looking forward to this new series though, I hope it's a bit more consistent (for me), because when they're on top form - episodes like Nanageddon and The Nightmare of Milky Joe - they're absolutely brilliant.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

Noel and Julian are on the cover of this weekend's Observer magazine - the article confirms series 3 is due to be broadcast mid-November on BBC3. The good news is Bob Fossil is back, along with Bollo and Naboo. Can't wait!

Thursday 15th November at 10:30pm.

I noticed the SPOILERY SYNOPSIS on the BBC Press Office site yesterday.

Dave Lewis Guest

"This thread is an outrage!"

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    Thursday 15th November at 10:30pm.

I noticed the SPOILERY SYNOPSIS on the BBC Press Office site yesterday.
    Excellent, cheers Milky! Hurrah, the Hitcher is back!

The first episode's now online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/mightyboosh/ - I've just watched and it's really good fun stuff, it looks to me like they've got a bigger budget this time around too which has led to some even more surreal stuff than usual.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

Oooh, I think I'll be watching that before bedtime.

it looks to me like they've got a bigger budget this time around too
    Julian Barratt said in the aforementioned interview with the Observer: "It was good but it was hard, the hardest yet. Although it was the third series, there was no more money. We seem to have stretched goodwill from the crew to breaking point." Fielding added: "Until you get ratings, the BBC doesn't understand. They came to see us live last winner, everyone was screaming and said: "It's like the Beatles. It's amazing! You're getting less money!"

Blimey, that's a bit of a surprise. I mean the show still looks very Boosh-ish, but there's quite a few different sets in it, and various cool effects, which is why I thought they'd given it more money.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

Perhaps they spent more of the available money on it because it was the season premiere, so to speak?

Anyone who likes the Boosh should check out the official website - they've got an episode guide.

For the last couple of years I've been asked "Do you like 'The Mighty Boosh'?" by a few people, when exposed to my general banter in the pub. usually when I've gone off on a surreal tangent. One mate said I was a female version of Vince (whoever Vince was- I knew nothing at the time). I had to say I'd never seen it, which was true, but now I have...and absolutely love it!

It really is my kind of humour.I was actually in tears at one point, watching the beginning of the '...Milky Joe' episode.
    I saw Noel Fielding at Tapestry Goes West festival last year, and now wish I'd approached him like a starstruck groupie!

I've only seen series 2 now, and the pilot episode, so I need to back track and watch series 1 (which I've bought for a tenner on DVD). Plus the new series starts TONIGHT!
    Great timing!

Wayne Guest

I've seen it mentioned on PS plenty enough times, but i know nothing about it, & have never even seen it.
    I suppose the main reason i've never gone to the trouble of checking it out is an inherent laziness on my part to be arsed to try out today's tv in general, but especially comedy, purely because i usually find it so disappointingly mundane. The last 'modern' comedy i really liked was as far back as 'The League of Gentlemen', which now well over 5yrs old. I'm fussy with comedy anyway. I like some very specific things, but generally i wouldn't call myself a huge fan of the genre.
    Perhaps someone will bring a dvd to London that i can borrow, if it's that good.

Pip Madeley Guest

Not sure if it would be your cup of tea Wayne, but it's on at 10.30pm on BBC3 if you want to give it a go!

Wayne Guest

Is it more of a standalone type thing like say 'The Fast Show', or does it have story threads that you need to follow like 'The League of Gentlemen'?

Pip Madeley Guest

Each episode has a story, sometimes with characters that have appeared in the past (like tonight there's a character called The Hitcher who has appeared in series 1 and 2), but the actual plot is always standalone & finishes at the end of the episode. You don't really need any knowledge of past episodes, it's pretty easy to watch, it's just the sense of humour that's not immediate.

You might like Howard Moon, he's obsessed with jazz.

Wayne Guest

Ok thanks, Pip. I might have a half hour break in between my planned Horror shiny discs tonight.

If i remember, & don't get too engrossed in them.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Baynes View Post
    One mate said I was a female version of Vince
    Was he/she right?

(watching Vince now)

Meanwhile, these two sound very similar!

Last edited by Wayne; 15th Nov 2007 at 10:51 PM.

Pip Madeley Guest

"'The old preaching game? All the kneeling and praying? Hardest game in the world. Done it meself, you see."

Wayne Guest

It's almost the same voice.

Well that was surreal/different. Didn't really make me laugh, but i imagine it's an acquired taste.
    Although the 'why don't ya mess me up' character raised a smile.

I really liked it but the thing I've found with the Boosh is that although I enjoy its surreal weirdness, I'm not sure its that funny. There are bits that make me smile but nothing that's made me laugh out loud.

I'm with you there Paul. I've seen it in the past & I've never laughed out loud at anything on it...but then again I've never found The Office funny so what do I know?

I still really like it though! Thats the odd thing.

It wasn't the greatest episode I thought, but I did really like it. The episode guide for the rest of the series sounds interesting though.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne View Post
    Was he/she right?

(watching Vince now)

Well, maybe not physically but perhaps in other respects...I don't know really, it's difficult to analyse myself like that. I'm not as dopey as he is!