Default Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency

Why the hell is this in the TV section? Well that's because there isn't an audio forum in the General forums. So here it is.

Any hoo, this is about that BBC Radio 4 production 'staring' Harry Enfield. I'm currently listening to it on the Listen again function, (thanks for the heads up, Jonno).
    First impressions, there's a lot of changes & not all of them are welcome. Like getting the Monk to explain what he's doing in Gordon's car boot. Surely the 'mystery' of the event is the whole point!?

Has this started then? I'll have to check it out.

I'll have to wait for the CD release I think. I'll never get ropund to following this on the radio!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

the CD out in November will feature extended episodes

There should be a seperate radio thread Radio 4 continually provides quality stuff

Yes, the CD is out 8th November with at least 30 minutes extra material...although using Wednesday's episode as a guide & the transmitted episodes coming in at 3 minutes short of the 1/2 hour then it's more likely to have 58 minutes extra than transmitted.

Stu, do you listen to radio 4 a lot then? I quite often hear good stuff on there but its all by chance. What things do you listen to?

I always listen to The Archers(its a ritual),the likes of Just A Minute,sometimes the afternoon play,their news at lunchtime can't be beat,and I enjoy their comedys a great deal that go out in the 6-30pm slot.If im around I'll listen to Desert Island Discs as well

Quote Originally Posted by stuartdg View Post
    I enjoy their comedys a great deal that go out in the 6-30pm slot.
    I've heard a couple of those, with Giles Brandreth in. It was better than you might think.

Why the hell is this in the TV section? Well that's because there isn't an audio forum in the General forums. So here it is.
    This isn't the TV section though. As per the description on the main page of the forum, the Ratings War covers TV, film and radio. So get those radio threads going!

Aye get those "wireless" favourites up there along with yer pipe and slippers

Now the Archers....