Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Beneath The Surface DVD Box Set

It was on The Official BBC Site quite a While back, Within the Special Features for the "Davros" Boxset. It was Revealed Because It was listed as a Coming Soon Trailer... Mysteriously Now Dissapearead, I wonder why

I have no idea!

Of course, they should more correctly call this the 'Eocenes' box set. That'd confuse them!

I'm really looking forward to this. There's not nearly been enough Pertwee released on DVD over the past few years. At this rate, stories like 'Curse of Peladon' won't be available until 2012!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    I have no idea!

. At this rate, stories like 'Curse of Peladon' won't be available until 2012!
    I think 2/entertain, are hoping to have every thing released before then.

"Peladon" is one of the trickiest, if not THE trickiest story to restore (barring lost episodes of course) so it probably will be last to come out anyway.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    I think 2/entertain, are hoping to have every thing released before then.

Really? I thought I read someone sayding something about season box sets for classic series, but I was skimming and was never sure if they were talking about seasons that have already been completed with solo releases or seasons that hadn't had any releases, or even it was just pure speculation or if there was more to it than that???

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Really? I thought I read someone sayding something about season box sets for classic series, but I was skimming and was never sure if they were talking about seasons that have already been completed with solo releases or seasons that hadn't had any releases, or even it was just pure speculation or if there was more to it than that???
    it was in this months DWM, the interview witrh the 2/entertain people they said season box sets will come out later on after that season has already been released. As for the Silurian/Sea Devil, box set unless they have hit some technical problem I can't see any reason why it won't be released after Destiny.

it was in this months DWM, the interview witrh the 2/entertain people they said season box sets will come out later on after that season has already been released.
    Although Steve Roberts had already announced that intention many months ago.

As for the Silurian/Sea Devil, box set unless they have hit some technical problem I can't see any reason why it won't be released after Destiny.
    Again, Steve Roberts said on OG that they'd already delivered the assets for this boxset, and didn't know of any reason it might be delayed.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

it was in this months DWM, the interview witrh the 2/entertain people they said season box sets will come out later on after that season has already been released. As for the Silurian/Sea Devil, box set unless they have hit some technical problem I can't see any reason why it won't be released after Destiny.

Ah, so for those of us who buy them when they first come out it won't mean anything unless we stop buying the regular releases and wait for them....

I wonder if this plan is effective for the US as well... I would imagine so since US retailers love box sets.

I bet they add extras to the Season Boxed sets. You could see the early DVD releases like "Spearhead" and "Robots" getting documentaries. Wonder if they'd ever vid-fire "Tomb" for a CD/DVD Season 5 boxed set?

I think the extras will be added but the main diiference with the season box set is they will be pachaged differently and won't be coming in their own individual cases.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tom (MDB) View Post
    It was on The Official BBC Site quite a While back, Within the Special Features for the "Davros" Boxset. It was Revealed Because It was listed as a Coming Soon Trailer... Mysteriously Now Dissapearead, I wonder why
    http://http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwh...20/49002.shtml

Coming Soon - trail for forthcoming DVD boxset release of Doctor Who and the Silurians, The Sea Devils and Warriors of the Deep.
    It's there?

Another one to look forward to in the new year then, about time we got some early Pertwee. My vids are gone, they went on EBay a few weeks back for a surprising £8 each.
    I've not seen Silurians for quite some time, I wonder what they've done to it to make it look better than the old VHS, Steve Roberts has said on various forums that episode one looks amazing, hopefully the rest will look as good. I always thought The Sea Devils looked pretty good on VHS, can't wait for the DVD though to see how much better it will be.
    This should be a good set, though the least said about Warriors the better.
    Wonder what'll be next, no doubt the rumour mill is up and running on what's to come for the rest of 2008.

Cleared at the BBFC today, The Sea Devils......

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...2573830061E2AD

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Pip Madeley Guest

Episodes 1-4 on disc one, and episodes 5-6 on disc two? Hi-Bit-rate-tastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Episodes 1-4 on disc one, and episodes 5-6 on disc two? Hi-Bit-rate-tastic!
    That's just the way it was submitted to the BBFC, Steve Roberts has said that all 6 eps will be on one disc.

Pip Madeley Guest

Ah. Balls.

Certainly can't wait for "The Silurians", haven't see that In yonks, and as I remember it, it was an excellent serial.

Doctor Who and The Silurians seems to be a bit of a forgotten gem these days. I hope the clean up easily surpasses my ludicrously high expectations!
    My vids are gone, they went on EBay a few weeks back for a surprising £8 each.
    At it's height, copies of The Silurians were going for around £75. No wonder no-one's seen it!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/website/Classi...7?OpenDocument

Quote Originally Posted by BBFC
    This work is made up of a number of separate components.
    Note that since February 2001 the BBFC has measured each component separately, but older works may not have the exact details, only a list of titles.

00:35:10:11 WHAT LIES BENEATH (DISC 1)
    00:06:00:15 DOCTOR WHO AND THE SILURIANS - PHOTO GALLERY (DISC 2)
    00:09:39:03 NOW & THEN - THE LOCATIONS OF DOCTOR WHO AND THE SILURIANS
    00:19:06:15 GOING UNDERGROUND
    00:01:03:04 DOCTOR WHO - COMING SOON TO DVD... - THE TIME MEDDLER
    00:13:51:12 MUSICAL SCALES - AN ERA OF EXPERIMENTATION
    00:04:42:02 COLOUR SILURIAN OVERLAY
    Nice Coming Soon trailer!

That sounds quite good doesn't it? I like the sound (ho hum) od the Musical Scales extra...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I'm glad there's a feature on the re-colourisation, too!

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Antony Cox View Post
    I'm glad there's a feature on the re-colourisation, too!
    Do you mean "COLOUR SILURIAN OVERLAY" Ant? I assumed it was just a short feature about CSO, this being the first Doctor Who story which used the process.

Possibly, possibly not, Pip, as they are overlaying the colour back onto The Silurians...

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

Possible!

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Do you mean "COLOUR SILURIAN OVERLAY" Ant? I assumed it was just a short feature about CSO, this being the first Doctor Who story which used the process.
    That's a good point, Pip!

The title is a little ambiguous - I suppose at just under five minutes long it could be either! Mind you, there's already been a feature on CSO on the Carnival of Monsters DVD, although I think that was meant as an archive curiosity rather than anything else.