Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Since I love The Five Doctors I'd like to count the whole story as one massive yeah! Unless it's the Special Edition of course!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    Since I love The Five Doctors I'd like to count the whole story as one massive yeah! Unless it's the Special Edition of course!

Si xx

what's wrong with the special edition . ?

The Special Edition's changes are just sort of... gratuitous, even detracting if you were attached to the original in a nostalgic way. *Both* sets of special effects are now just sort of meh - the original isn't awful and the new one isn't great. Rassilon is the only part of it that is actually more impressive - and whether the booming or camp one is actually *better* depends on the level you appreciate the story on . The deleted scenes are generally quite pointless, although two of them are completely hilarious (Hundrall eating pineapple like a rodent, and Sarah trying to fend of Cybermen with a rock). It was impressive at first, but now I just want it exactly the way I first saw it - I even get sad when the picture doesn't cut out and go black and white in the High Council scene.

I still maintain the the most squee version of The Five Doctors is neither the original nor the special edition - it's the four part version. Sarah Jane rolling gently down an incline to the cliffhanger sting is DEFINATELY a punch the air moment... as is the Master descending a musical staircase (which I NEVER noticed until they highlighted it by sticking it at the end of Part Three!).

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ssarl View Post
    Sarah Jane rolling gently down an incline to the cliffhanger sting is DEFINATELY a punch the air moment...
    No, you're mistaken, that's a foot in the TV set moment.

I always felt the scene where the Cyberman gets to the top of the hill, only to die before it even gets to the wire the Doctor has tied onto the rock was a little bit anti-climatic.

Let's see - my "Bleeagh" moment has to be (and let's face it, everyone knows I hate this bit) is The 7th Doctor, in 'Battlefield', holding the scabbard and shouting "I Heeeaaarrrrggghhhhhh yooooouuuuuu"!!!!

My 'punch the air' moment - well there are several actually - nearly everytime TARDIS materialisation gets me going (i know, I should get help really).
    Recently the "Galifrey" bit in 'Runaway Bridge' was good though.

watching The Sea Devils yesterday and those string vests are a real mega ..Bleeagh"