Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why haven't they released...

In these days of heavy DVD release rates, we've been treated to more achive television than ever before. Shows that might never have got a look in have seen the light of day along side the classics.

But there are some that seem to have been overlooked for release.

What are the shows you'd like to see released that haven't been put on shiny disc? What have been overlooked and who should we telling about it? That's what I want to know!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

"Birds of a Feather"! One of the most popular comedies of the nineties and there is nothing but a cheapo dubbed-music no-extras disc of Series 1! What's going on!

Come to mention it, what's happened to the rest of "Bread"? Eh?

I'd also like to see "Sons & Daughters", "Knightmare", the latter series of "Watching" and "Tickle on the Tum" with Ralph McTell on DVD. The latter with a commentary track and deleted scenes.

Si.

I've been quite lucky in the last couple of years as "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" and "Press Gang" have both been released in their entirity. Thanks to an entrepreneurial fellow we also have series one of "Joking Apart" out on DVD with series two to follow next year. Not to mention the slow release of Morecambe and Wise's prime years.

Still on my wish list are "Chalk" (to complete the Moffat Anthology), "Daria", "The Crow: Stairway to Heaven", "MST3K", more of the Douglas Wilmer series of Sherlock Holmes, more classic HIGNFY, absolutely everything Dr Alice has ever been in (with everyone else edited out) and a 75 disc boxed set of the complete Light-slash-Late Lunch.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

The Tripods series 2 has never seen release on any format, though series 1 has been released twice on VHS and once on DVD. Having said that I understand there is a box set of both series due out next year.

I'd like to see Whose Line Is It Anyway get a release, along with Not The Nine O'Clock News.

Pip Madeley Guest

'Allo 'Allo series 6-9. Why the hell is it taking so long to get the series out in the UK?

"Hi-De-Hi" and "May to December" seem to have dried up too.

A few days ago I would have nominated "The Mysterious Cities of Gold" for this thread as despite being a well loved classic to a generation of 80s children, it's only come out on DVD in Europe and Japan with a non-english soundtrack. Until now...

http://fabulousfilms.co.uk/

Out in February according to wiki.

All of Robbie Williams music videos! Four million different Robbie DVD's, and still not the one I want.

Si.

I'd like to see Doctor Who.

Pip Madeley Guest

Put a DVD on then.

Strange
    The Moon Stallion
    Moondial
    Doomwatch
    Out Of The Unknown
    Falcon Crest
    The Colbys
    The rest of Knots Landing

I'd like to see Kenny Everett's BBC series's released. I'm still rather surprised they're not on their way.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    I'd like to see Doctor Who.

I'd like to see the TV Movie in Region 1 or 0 and NTSC format some day. Likely never happen though.

I'd like to see Crazy Like A Fox. If nothing else, it would be an ideal Christmas present for bruv!

Heidi!

The Martian Chronicles mini series

Last edited by Ralph; 16th Oct 2007 at 11:16 PM. Reason: to add a lovely pic!

Like stuart, I'm ever hopeful that Strange will make it onto DVD. However, I believe given the hassle he had with the Beeb Andrew Marshall said something like it would happen only over his dead body.
    Bazinga !

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    I'd like to see Kenny Everett's BBC series's released. I'm still rather surprised they're not on their way.

Si xx
    The first BBC series was due for release (by 2exasperate) earlier in the year, but failed to appear.

Jason - Tripods S1/S2 boxset was supposedly out last month, but on looking again it's now saying next September - don't know what's happened there!

Dave - if the Heidi you're thinking of is the one I remember from the 80s on BBC1, then it's going cheap online - £4 for Part 1, £6 for part 2. find-dvd.co.uk is your friend!

As for my wishes, I wanted early Grange Hill for years - never even released properly on VHS, but the first four seasons are out next month - hopefully more will follow! Now I particularly want The Changes - a BBC TV kids cult series from 1975 which scared the heck out of me as a kid, and I haven't seen it since. Similarly HTV's King of the Castle from 1977, though I understand at least one episode is missing. And a BBC Scotland production from around 1983 called The Mad Death, about a rabies outbreak in Britain. I'd love to see that again.

Pip Madeley Guest

Now I particularly want The Changes - a BBC TV kids cult series from 1975 which scared the heck out of me as a kid, and I haven't seen it since.
    It was on UKGold years ago, I'm sure someone taped it. I have the first episode but that's all.

I think "Moondial" came out briefly on DVD in America or something for a limited time. There's a copy going for £99 on Amazon!!!

I'd like to see it again too as I remember it being very spooky and we went on a school trip to the house where it was filmed not long before.

There's a glut of music DVDs yet to see the light of day...

Madonna's two most popular tours "Reinvention" and "Blonde Ambition" are yet to see the light of day (beyond a ropey quality semi bootleg version of the latter) and her "Virgin Tour" has never been upgraded to DVD from the edited video release. Likewise none of the Spice Girl's concert videos or Kylie's "Let's Get To It Tour" have been upgraded and in this day and age there's not one single official Kate Bush or Kim Wilde (music) DVD. Not even one! It's beyond a joke! Even Toyah Wilcox has a bloody DVD!

Pip Madeley Guest

While we're on music, I'll mention Genesis - we desperately need the Mama Tour and Three Sides Live on DVD, the latter of which should hopefully be the full concert without the interviews between songs, and all in sexy 5.1 surround.

And don't even get me started on the full-length 1976 concert film that's apparently in existence... a "Trick" tour DVD... that'd be orgasmic...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph View Post
    The Martian Chronicles mini series
    Get yourself a multi-region dvd player!

http://www.amazon.com/Martian-Chroni...2608488&sr=1-1

I'd like to see......

End Of Part One
    Moondial
    Tales Of The Golden Monkey
    1984 (BBC 50's one)
    King Of The Castle (like Jonno)
    Stig Of The Dump
    A Very Peculiar Practice S2
    The Banana Splits
    Strange (also)
    Doomwatch
    Out Of The Unknown

And musically, all the videos from.....

Julian Cope
    Echo & The Bunnymen
    Dexys Midnight Runners
    Joy Division (Here Are The Young Men)
    (More of) The Tube

And from Doctor Who.....

Dimensions In Time
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I just don't understand why certain people don't release all their music videos on DVD. It's not like it would cost anything to whack them out. A Kate Bush one would be most appreciated, as would a Hanson one.

Most frustrating of all, the first two series of "KYTV" were released last year, and the third, final and best one was scheduled for last January. A cover appeared, then the release was pulled just weeks before it was due to be dispatched and has not been rescheduled since. I've always meant to e-mail Michael Fenton-Stevens to find out if he knows why, but it's gutting.

Si.

WhiteCrow Guest

I love it when BBC Enterprises try and package Crime Traveller as some lost sci-fi gem from the 90s.

No-one's really falling for that are they?

Pip Madeley Guest

I love it when BBC Enterprises....
    Are you from the past?